Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

seiferguy posted:

She gets released in May. Presidential pardons as far as I know can't be undone by the next standing president.

Chances are she will join her family when released, and I'm guessing there will be support groups that will help get her treatment.

I think the worry is that it's not a pardon. I don't know what protections she has since he is merely commuting the sentence.

My guess is that this is not enough of a wedge issue for Trump to interfere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

JeffersonClay posted:

Am I wrong to view this as a big gently caress you to Snowden?

He couldn't face trial because the government would torture pardon him.

Their case is that Snowden will not be pardoned because he fled.

I'll believe it when I see it. Also, he's still awaiting trial for his alleged sexual assault, right? That's the main reason he's still living in the embassy?

• Locked thread