Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
The only thing to be careful about Aliexpress is that some of the sellers get upset and will essentially doxx you if you dispute an order or give bad feedback:

http://www.vkvan.com/index (I don't know if linking this site is against the rules so let me know if I should remove it).

It's used for sellers to search for "problematic" buyers so they can refuse to sell to them, although I think that having one's personal information in an easily searchable form for everyone to see is more of a problem.

I'd assume that most of the more "reputable" stores wouldn't do this, but I've just accepted that if something goes wrong with an order, I'll have to do what I can to work with the seller or surrender it and never initiate a dispute.

Well, it's the risk you take for the savings! I've had a couple of stuff not arrive but they were from official storefronts and worked things out with me, haven't been burned yet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Thanks for this thread. My niece is (hopefully) going to get some dope-rear end Totoro slippers for her birthday in march.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Justin Godscock posted:

What I don't get is I bought someone off EBay, shipped from China and it arrived not even a week later. Meanwhile, something I bought from Alibaba took six weeks to arrive from China.

China's mail is subsidized, whatever you bought from eBay has a faster shipment method.

For example, those shoestrings I ordered in early Nov were supposed to arrive by Dec 28th. I gave them some extra time, then contacted them on Jan 16th or so. They said they'd send out a replacement order.

I got the second order today. Six business days later.

Teikanmi posted:

Hey man these factory workers don't work for free

lol @ this triggered goon

Have you been near Lowtax lately? If so, this "not getting a joke" poo poo might be contagious.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Did you see the false eyelashes I posted? so purdy....

RocketSurgeon
Mar 2, 2008

Niwrad posted:

Has anyone ordered from Deal Extreme lately? I remember the old GBS thread on that site. Would take like 2 months to get your order and there was a 50% chance they'd send you the wrong item or send you extra items for no reason.

DE stuff arrives in about a month from china. They have a warehouse in eu nowadays aswell so ordering from their eu site gets you your stuff faster. Havent had a problem with wrong things shipped so far and the quality is on par with stuff on alibaba.

the popular kids
Dec 27, 2010

Time for some thrilling heroics.
http://s.aliexpress.com/vERVNfiM

???

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
My kids got an international style basketball for free because I ordered a volleyball and got the wrong item. When I told the shop they just said "sorry" and didn't even ask for it back

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I bought a skirt from Ali Express. I hope it comes soon.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...2595787634.html

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

brocked posted:

My kids got an international style basketball for free because I ordered a volleyball and got the wrong item. When I told the shop they just said "sorry" and didn't even ask for it back
I needed to warranty some rims from a Chinese company and they said they didn't make that color any more so I replied "yah I don't want to mismatch my rims" so they replaced the first one free (and shipped) and then sold me a second one for 25% of retail.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

I thought I was in the midwest.jpg thread.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Do these shirts and sweaters actually exist outside of bad photoshops?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I might need to get that Internet hoodie as a gag gift for my brother in law.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I hear this is good matcha, and the price can't be beat. Hopefully less than 20% rat poison and termite pubes.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Professor Shark posted:

Probably.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Professor Shark posted:

I really just want to see what they look like in-person. I can almost guarantee that they'll be misprinted, like they'll have screen printed the design on them with wrinkles in the fabric so you'll have huge white patches and lines all over your shirt. Or they'll be way more faded, or the colors will run in the wash and stain all of your clothes poo poo brown, and also probably the inside of your washing machine.

Hopefully I'm wrong though and it's permanent, pre-set dye which they've applied evenly to sheets of fabric. Just gigantic sheets of Homer Simpson, Rugrats, Obama, cocaine and corn.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

King Vidiot posted:

I really just want to see what they look like in-person. I can almost guarantee that they'll be misprinted, like they'll have screen printed the design on them with wrinkles in the fabric so you'll have huge white patches and lines all over your shirt. Or they'll be way more faded, or the colors will run in the wash and stain all of your clothes poo poo brown, and also probably the inside of your washing machine.

Hopefully I'm wrong though and it's permanent, pre-set dye which they've applied evenly to sheets of fabric. Just gigantic sheets of Homer Simpson, Rugrats, Obama, cocaine and corn.

wait how could you possibly prefer them printed well, that's stupid

NuminaXLT
Nov 11, 2002
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Pok...63-bede754b35bf

My favorite Pokemon, Eveelution posessed Pikachus!
(Seriously why have the white dot in the middle of the eye?)

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Pick posted:

wait how could you possibly prefer them printed well, that's stupid

Hey, if I buy a shirt with 20 dozen Bernie faces all over it, it better be printed right dammit. :mad:

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
Better than an Ouya I guess: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/The-magic-egg-game-consoles-With-bluetooth-and-handles-Smart-TV-set-top-boxes-32G-TF/32723551030.html

NuminaXLT
Nov 11, 2002
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Chr...156059d6b&tpp=1

I wonder how fast this would make my SNES explode/melt?

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Pick posted:

Did you see the false eyelashes I posted? so purdy....

Yes! I'm slightly paranoid about putting them on my eyeball borders but they're still at the top of my cart for when I order again. I figure, my eyes get sensitive from and sore from regular eye shadow that is not counterfeit, so I can wear them without eye makeup and therefore test them.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
MAKE CURLY FRIES Y'ALL

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo
"how do we market this charcoal face mask?"

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

luncheon meat posted:

"how do we market this charcoal face mask?"

Sounds like the title to an obscure 70's blaxploitation movie.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

They're taking the franchise in weird directions, hopefully it's better than Genisys.

Grapeshot
Oct 21, 2010

NuminaXLT posted:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Chr...156059d6b&tpp=1

I wonder how fast this would make my SNES explode/melt?

The 15 dollar one I bought last year worked OK and saved, but had an infinite money cheat constantly turned on. Obviously the plastic and label are lower quality than a real game. Lately they aren't including the save batteries because of the restrictions on mailing lithium batteries but you can install your own CR2032 when you get it. The Etsy sellers of reproduction games will charge you 3x as much for the same low quality product.

The Retro Gaming thread seems to like these Game Boy Color clones with a backlit screen: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2-7-Kong-Feng-GB-Boy-Classic-Color-Handheld-Game-Console-Game-Player-with-Backlut-66/32691094474.html

You can get physical cartridges of ROM hacks too, but I can't find anyone selling Pokemon Cock Version right now. What a shame.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Most of the Pokemon hacks, or at least the really loving crazy ones like Cock Edition and Naranja are on eBay for sub-10 bucks. AliExpress is OK, but if you really want to go in hard with Chinese goods for your hobby stuff then you'll want to do TaoBao instead. It require a bit more work and the shipping is usually a bit more but TaoBao has way better poo poo.

Like if you, for instance, want to get body kits for your Nerf guns:
https://world.taobao.com/item/524346086657.htm

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

King Vidiot posted:

The print is usually pretty well done and not mismatched at all, I have 2 at home of the sweater style. The material is usually a weird stretchy thin neopreney kinda material but theyre warm and comfortable so i got over that pretty fast. Can upload some pics later

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

Astrobastard posted:

The print is usually pretty well done and not mismatched at all, I have 2 at home of the sweater style. The material is usually a weird stretchy thin neopreney kinda material but theyre warm and comfortable so i got over that pretty fast. Can upload some pics later

Yes please!

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

A guy at work has a few shirts with the same printing technique, it looks surprisingly good. I don't think it can be done on all cotton so they're all blends as far as I know, maybe all poly.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Presenting:

THE PICK KITCHEN:

If you or your spouse likes kitchen do-dads for cheap, here is a list of cheap kitchen do-dads. The usefulness varies but the prices are good.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Yeah I'm not cooking anything in an aliexpress pan

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

theflyingexecutive posted:

Yeah I'm not cooking anything in an aliexpress pan

There are no pans there?

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS
I don't know if I really need any of those things but they're all so cheap...

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Definitely not sticking my hand in an oven with an AliExpress oven mitt on. Not unless I want a napalm style degloving.

That thing looks like a cookie from that XMas episode of Black Mirror.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Krabboss posted:

I don't know if I really need any of those things but they're all so cheap...

exactly

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

Silicone oven mitts are the tits. Buy a pair and marvel at how you don't burn your fingers on your pizzas ever again. So easy to clean, too!

I have one of these:

they're great. they're cute and they work like a charm. I have no burns on my arms thanks to mitts like these, so there King Vidiot :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

That says "microwave oven", do they not melt somehow when anywhere near a 400+ degree oven?

e: and I'm talking about regular fabric oven mitts, like those cheap Marvel branded infinity gauntlet mitts that melted and burned people

https://help.lootcrate.com/hc/en-us/articles/210786983-NOTICE-May-2016-Marvel-Infinity-Gauntlet-Oven-Mitt

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jan 24, 2017