Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Space Adventure Hero Playtest questions:

Hero Creation:

There should be a few examples of what defines the opposition when creating the hero.

When going around the circle, does the last person give input before collating the concepts or not?

Supporting Cast Creation:

How do you determine a character's initial star rating?

Are players allowed to collaborate on their supporting characters?

Supporting Cast Selection:

How do you determine supporting cast selection during the first episode/session?

One of the players suggested that people play one of their characters during the first episode to establish a baseline. Does that fit what you were going for?

Do players keep one supporting cast character for an entire episode, or can they swap out in a new scene?

If players can swap supporting characters, do their old characters go back into the pile or stay out for the episode or scene?

Scenes:

We were a bit confused by how scenes work. Is it that each roll made moves a scene closer to ending, or does the first roll end one? We tried both and felt the first option worked better.

After the opening scene where the villian initiates, who becomes the scene initiator? We did it so that whoever ended the previous scene initiated the next one.

Episodes:

Are episodes another name for session? One of the players raised the question of multiple episodes per session happening.

Is there anyway to recover Convictions or Distinctions during an episode?

Plot Points:

Do players begin with any plot points?

Can plot points be spent to improve a roll?

Overall we enjoyed the game, though it feels a bit light to sustain a campaign past two or three sessions.

Hope this helps, AlienRopeBurn! I'll try to get on later if you have any questions for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.
Armilage Playtest Notes are live.

General impressions: could use some reorganization, consolidated world information, and more information for running the game for players. Everything else is in the notes.

Let me know if any clarification is needed!

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Just for edification and so I have a central place to double-check some things as I head towards a final draft.

But first:

Thanks a lot! This really helps out.

Agent Rush posted:

Hero Creation:

There should be a few examples of what defines the opposition when creating the hero.

Noted!

Agent Rush posted:

When going around the circle, does the last person give input before collating the concepts or not?

Do you mean "does the last person ask for input"?

Agent Rush posted:

Supporting Cast Creation:

How do you determine a character's initial star rating?

It should be 3; I could have sworn it was in there but I think I may have accidentally cleared it out.

Agent Rush posted:

Are players allowed to collaborate on their supporting characters?

Yes.

Agent Rush posted:

Supporting Cast Selection:

How do you determine supporting cast selection during the first episode/session?

You put them in a pile and draw and select as usual. It might simplify things to ignore the rolling for the first session, though, since characters will have the same star ratings (unless they're sidekicks).

Agent Rush posted:

One of the players suggested that people play one of their characters during the first episode to establish a baseline. Does that fit what you were going for?

That sounds fine and I'll consider it!

Agent Rush posted:

Do players keep one supporting cast character for an entire episode, or can they swap out in a new scene?

I realized I was unclear on this for the draft. In theory they hang onto them for an episode unless something happens, but I might change that.

Agent Rush posted:

If players can swap supporting characters, do their old characters go back into the pile or stay out for the episode or scene?

Tough to say, I'd have to determine how they'd go about it and then probably base it on that.

Agent Rush posted:

Scenes:

We were a bit confused by how scenes work. Is it that each roll made moves a scene closer to ending, or does the first roll end one? We tried both and felt the first option worked better.

The first!

Agent Rush posted:

After the opening scene where the villian initiates, who becomes the scene initiator? We did it so that whoever ended the previous scene initiated the next one.

I was really unclear about that, wasn't I? I originally intended whoever started it to select somebody else, but I'll keep that in mind as a possibility too.

Agent Rush posted:

Episodes:

Are episodes another name for session? One of the players raised the question of multiple episodes per session happening.

In theory an episode could encompass several sessions but ideally an episode would hopefully be session-length.

Agent Rush posted:

Is there anyway to recover Convictions or Distinctions during an episode?

Not yet.

Agent Rush posted:

Plot Points:

Do players begin with any plot points?

No.

Agent Rush posted:

Can plot points be spent to improve a roll?

No. Not to say I didn't toy with that, but adjusting scenes is already stronger than that.

Agent Rush posted:

Overall we enjoyed the game, though it feels a bit light to sustain a campaign past two or three sessions.

And that's perfectly expected, something too complicated is probably beyond the purview of a contest like this. But trying to add some sustainability or growth is something to look at in the final version.

Agent Rush posted:

Hope this helps, AlienRopeBurn! I'll try to get on later if you have any questions for me.

Got a few. If you can't answer them perfectly, that's fine, but here's some things I was curious about.
  • How did your group feel about playing supporting cast and the level of agency they have?
  • If you can recall, did your group earn or spend plot points, and if so, how and what on?
  • Similarly, do you recall what distinctions were used, or any that stood out during play or had a major impact?
  • Do you think a traditional RPG means to grow or strengthen characters would help, or would it be counterproductive?
  • Was there a particular mechanic you enjoyed? Similarly, are there any that felt annoying or cumbersome?

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Mar 11, 2017

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Playtest for Davin's Little Miracles is finished! General thoughts (in case tomorrow gets away from me and I end up being unable to post more later):

Gameplay notes:
  • Game was run with myself, my wife, and oft-mentioned playtests who ended up getting large amounts of thanks and beer C. and E. All experienced, apart from my wife.
  • Gameplay was done using a rotating GM. The game works fairly well with minimal intervention on a GM's part - the lack of rolling and the storytelling nature make this easy. For this test, every player made a god/goddess and rotated as GM after scenes were resolved.
  • Character creation/city building work well in a group setting. Great chance to dictate the flow and feel of the setting, and adding additional features for new sessions seems pretty easy.
  • The charts help with the tracker of Aether/Grounding. Shifting from one side to the other led to some cool roleplaying.
  • Mechanical guts are good, as far as we could tell - it's a great game for relaxing and telling little stories.

Things needed:
  • Examples and some fiction, really. The system works pretty well, and the narrative elements seem to flow pretty easily.
  • More explanation of the GM-lite nature, perhaps even suggesting table consensus or the rotating system used. It should be pretty frontloaded that this is an intended way to play.
  • There were a few references to tables and other elements in GSS. We didn't have a copy, so couldn't comment on those. Maybe write some new tables, or make it clearer that, for best effect, players should have a copy.

Overall, very fun game. My wife has requested I keep running it, so I'll take that as a success for it.

Favorite moment: helping a little girl find her puppy. Power backfire attracts all the stray dogs around, along with missing pets. Organize impromptu adoption clinic. "Accidentally" backfire by the God of Having A Really Good Night Out, causing city inspectors to start drunkenly singing, bypassing permit requirements and leading to frantic attempts to help them keep their jobs by covering for us and claiming they simply forgot to file paperwork. Doggos adopted, goddess of Home and Comfort adopts one of the last dogs as a constant companion through the rest of the game. Everything works out for the best.

With that, my third and final playtest for this contest is finished! Thank you all for writing such cool games - got a chance to write my own weird stuff, and play games of settlement building and adventure, sci-fi military action and robots, and delightful divinity chilling in the city.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

Hedningen posted:

Playtest for Davin's Little Miracles is finished!

Things needed:
Examples and some fiction, really. The system works pretty well, and the narrative elements seem to flow pretty easily.
More explanation of the GM-lite nature, perhaps even suggesting table consensus or the rotating system used. It should be pretty frontloaded that this is an intended way to play.
There were a few references to tables and other elements in GSS. We didn't have a copy, so couldn't comment on those. Maybe write some new tables, or make it clearer that, for best effect, players should have a copy.

Thank you for playtesting this! I'm glad your wife enjoyed it enough to play again, and that scene is bang on perfect! I'll make sure to address your concerns in the home stretch--there will be a bracketing fiction and examples, I'll put in a section on the GM under "Playing the Game", and make sure to point out if GSS is needed and/or where tables which have been copied over are located.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Just for edification and so I have a central place to double-check some things as I head towards a final draft.

But first:

Thanks a lot! This really helps out.

Do you mean "does the last person ask for input"?

Got a few. If you can't answer them perfectly, that's fine, but here's some things I was curious about.
  • How did your group feel about playing supporting cast and the level of agency they have?
  • If you can recall, did your group earn or spend plot points, and if so, how and what on?
  • Similarly, do you recall what distinctions were used, or any that stood out during play or had a major impact?
  • Do you think a traditional RPG means to grow or strengthen characters would help, or would it be counterproductive?
  • Was there a particular mechanic you enjoyed? Similarly, are there any that felt annoying or cumbersome?

1. I mean after everyone else has added a detail about the hero or opposition. Does the person who ties that all together get to add one?

2. Supporting cast felt ok for us, but we only had two people playing with them. Also we were swapping them each scene, that probably affected our opinions on them as well.

3. The Hero player earned some plot points and used them to affect a scene and change a Twist into a Resolution.

4. A few of us picked Use This! for our supporting characters before deciding to change some of them up, but we didn't get a chance to use most of them. Renaissance Master was a lot of fun though!

5. Advancement mechanics would definitely give the game some staying power, but I wouldn't say they're necessary for your current concept. If you think they'll help go for it.

6. Everyone really enjoyed creating the hero together and making their own supporting characters. Scene initiation was a bit confusing, and the rolls were really tight at a 50/50 chance without modifiers. One player likened the fact that distinctions and supporting cast concepts are once per episode to Dark Souls in requiring judiciousness. If that's what you were going for you nailed it.

Hope this clears things up for you!

Free Cog
Feb 27, 2011

Hedningen posted:

Armilage Playtest Notes are live.

General impressions: could use some reorganization, consolidated world information, and more information for running the game for players. Everything else is in the notes.

Let me know if any clarification is needed!

First of all, thank you very much for your thorough notes; I really appreciate having this information in such a well-organized manner! I'm glad you and your group had a good time with the game, and I hope to make it better by week's end.

To address some of the points brought up in the Playtest:

• R and E are completely right about the stat arrays. I didn't put them in the playtest draft because I wasn't sure if 6 points was the right amount for starting Attributes, but since it seems to work so far, I'm going to replace the Attributes section of the character creation chapter with the arrays.
  • I was really intrigued by the idea of having gear distributed before the mission instead of character creation, and I think I'm going to try that out for the contest submitted version. What I think I'll do is that I'll use the Green/Yellow/Red system and turn it into a full on difficulty measurement system, since that was something else that the group wanted. I already built Green, Yellow, and Red gear according to a loose set of Attribute parameters, so it shouldn't be too hard to alter.
  • Yes, Blood Type is a role playing guide as well as a medical detail. Anime often uses it as a signifies of temperament and personality, and when I saw the chance to go Full Anime, I took it. That it is normally on an ID tag makes it even better.
  • Yes, when Firepower is greater than Armor, Armor subtracts its entire value from the Firepower, and the remaining amount is subtracted from Body, though it can also be subtracted from Mind and Speed as well.
  • Guidelines for Total Supply are coming. Part of the reason it's not in the playtest is that I wasn't quite sure how much would be necessary and I ended up too sick to crunch out some numbers. That you seemed to have a decent play experience with 12 gives me a good sign of what to base Total Supply rates around.
  • I'm hoping to create more gear variety in the final version. The simple three-stat setup makes it a bit tough, and I intentionally didn't give ranged or melee weapons Operations to prevent the player being overloaded by them, but I'll find a solution for things like rifle/shotgun similarity.
  • I didn't see the small Firepower = small capacity = more Supply needed than deadlier weapons loop coming, and I'm not quite sure what to do about it. Anything I can think of to change how Firepower works ends up running into the same problem at the moment.
  • I like the idea of a bureaucracy system a lot, and I'll see if I can't do something with that by final submission time. A system that could cover both soldier hierarchy and the power imbalance among Peacekeepers and Disputed Zone inhabitants could be neat, but no promises.
  • There will be more of a setting, that I can promise, even if the lack of it did lead to the best country names ever in your playtest.

And of course, the organization suggestions the group made will be going into the book. I had tried to avoid dropping game lingo too early in the playtest document, but I think doing so and directing people to their actual entries would be better in the long run. I think that covers everything, and if there's more questions/issues, I'll be happy to answer.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Agent Rush posted:

Hope this clears things up for you!

Yep! I'll be using this to adjust and clarify things.

TheSoundNinja
May 18, 2012

Alright, I am in fact alive, and am happy to announce that the only thing holding you all back from being in the finals for the contest is one more deadline! Just submit your final draft, ready for judging, by Sunday at 11:59p CST.

Now, does your game need a fancy layout? No, but laying it out in a way that makes it easy to read and use is a requirement. InDesign or Scribus can be good for this, but someone mentioned a custom template for making something that looks like D&D 5e, so that could help.

I'll see you guys then.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
I asked this in the discord, but just in case it got missed:

Hey TheSoundNinja, if I had some players as humans and other players as the spirits they call on/join with for their powers, is that too far off of my theme?

TheSoundNinja
May 18, 2012

Agent Rush posted:

I asked this in the discord, but just in case it got missed:

Hey TheSoundNinja, if I had some players as humans and other players as the spirits they call on/join with for their powers, is that too far off of my theme?

That could definitely work.

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!
Presenting for the judges and wider audience, the final manuscript for

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Mr.Misfit posted:

Presenting for the judges and wider audience, the final manuscript for

Congrats, and good luck! What did you use for the layout?

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!
MS Office Word ´07. I tried to use Homebrewery as I still really like the look, but I was unable to get the CSS-markdown language used to conform to what I thought the book should look like, from the general page size to the pictures used for many of the smaller icons or the character and other sheets in the pdf. It was basically as if the program was fighting me, which I didn´t even encounter when using LaTex programs :/

Who knows, in the hands of someone with a bit more time than me, it might just go look fabulous ;)

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Missing an 'I' in the first LEGEND DIVDE in section 0. Otherwise it looks great.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

All right, I think this beast is finally done:

Final PDF draft! (And yes, before anyone asks, the whitespace chunks are intentional. I just figured that big blocks saying ART PLACEHOLDER would look a little tacky.)

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Okay, it's time for the final contest update!

Delivered before other, likely better games people paid actual money for via Kickstarter, here's the final contest draft of Burning Fires of Youth!!! The Demon Lord's Return.

Now available in pdf form!

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
Do you want some more hot Strikers [NG+] action? I sure hope so, because you're about to get some! Here is the final draft, with a character sheet and premade characters to go with it. (None of them are pdfs, but that hopefully isn't a problem.)

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Taking my late pass on this. Been too busy.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Also taking my Late Pass.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

... the final contest entry edition is finished, ready for downloading in indexed PDF. Yes. Indexed. I can't get the cover image to work, :psylon: but I can get the index together. So that'll do, ARB. That'll do.

Anyway, the :words: should be alright and about as nicely formatted as I've ever formatted anything, enjoy my masterwork of a space storygame!

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

With only a half hour left to go, pdf is not going to happen. So here's the raw text for the printing draft of Gendai no Kami: Little Miracles!

Free Cog
Feb 27, 2011

Unfortunately I couldn't whip up a nice PDF in time, but presented for your approval is the full draft of Armilage: The Peace Keepers!

Oh, also! It has a character sheet!

Free Cog fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Mar 20, 2017

DNA Cowboys
Feb 22, 2012

BOYS I KNOW
No PDF for me either.

Enjoy Requiem for Rose Complete!

Edit: Proper link.

TheSoundNinja
May 18, 2012

DNA Cowboys posted:

No PDF for me either.

Enjoy Requiem for Rose Complete!

Edit: Proper link.

Fuuuuuck, you just Indiana Jones-ed the gently caress out of this week!

We have reached the end of the final deadline! Give yourselves a pat on the back, you've done what Life denied 30+ other goons: you wrote drat fine Anime RPGs before the end of the shortest month of the year. I'm honestly so proud of you I'm tearing up.

But just one tear. Like a man.

There are two participants who have claimed Late Passes to finish a week late (Covok and Agent Rush). I don't mind, as I'm still recovering from press work this past week (and volunteering to get the drat Pass in the first place the week before). Get your final submissions in, along with your Late Pass requirement (perhaps donating to the prize pool?) by Sunday March 27th by 11:59 CST. I'll decide the finalists after that, as I'll have to decide between 10 final games.

We only had one person not make it all the way. A moment of silence for them.

...unless I missed their submission. That's possible too. Just let me know.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Finishing up the final verision. Might get banned for a joke I'm making in the Trump thread. If I am, I'll ask someone on the SA TG discord to post for me.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Well, here it goes: my final submission for the contest.

Here is the final contest version of GUNS.

Also in googledocs format.

Now then, for my late pass.

quote:

"Shut up, dad, I'm not like you!" Screamed my whiny voice, "I didn't grow up in a time when killing people was the norm, you sick murderer!"

I slammed the door and sulked on my bed. In reality, I didn't want to hurt his feelings, but, in the moment, I hoped my words hurt like a child. I was mad and lashing out. We learn a lot in school about how the GUNS brought peace to the galaxy, but it can be hard when you get older. My dad doesn't believe in propaganda, when we're old enough, we learn the truth of how things went down during the war.

To think of the smiling face and caring man who raised me as a mass-murdering psychic war machine is sickening. I know he put an end to that cycle, I know I would have turned out the same if he didn't, but it's hard now not to see the blood on his hands when I look at him. He may be a doting father now, but I know that, no matter what, he killed people when the GUNS were still weapons of war, it's hard to reconcile.

Stuff like that comes rushing to my head constantly as I fly in this ship. The Alliance is about peaceful discourse, that's what they fought for. We don't have to fight to make peace anymore, we just debate. That's how it should be, but, as long as the Emperor is gaining ground in the Outer Sectors, how can I stand by?

My father did horrible things to unite the galaxy and allow for peace. Now, these anti-GUNS extremist and their fascist government threaten that. My dad is trying to keep to peace or is at least being held back by Alliance politics, but I can't let that lead to our ruin.

The galaxy is at war, even if no one wants to admit it yet. I may have to kill like my father did and be seen with horror and disgust like my dad was by me.

If that protects what my father sacrificed for and what my kids will inherit, then so be it.

TheSoundNinja
May 18, 2012

Alright, Agent Rush has 11 hours to post the final version of Exceed Zeta and whatever he's using to claim his Late Pass. Then I'll be choosing the finalists, and we'll be setting up the playthroughs to figure out our winner.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

TheSoundNinja posted:

Alright, Agent Rush has 11 hours to post the final version of Exceed Zeta and whatever he's using to claim his Late Pass. Then I'll be choosing the finalists, and we'll be setting up the playthroughs to figure out our winner.

Here I am!

Digivolve to...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XZ43clDNowlnx8-GcBEH0YljoZJCY6kWyQtrO0I2lW8/edit?usp=sharing

As for my late pass, is it cool if I do both? I'll pledge for a donation to the prize pool now, and post the fanfic later.

EDIT1: New Ad Copy

All that weird nonsense was supposed to be over and done with. Those powers you had and the monsters you had to fight with them were left behind in that other place. But somehow it’s all coming back, and this time it’s starting to mess with you in your world. The worst part is that no one who hasn’t been there seems to even notice what’s happening around them. Sure, your powers are coming back, but your adversary is getting bolder and stronger every day. Are you going to be enough?

Wonderland ReTune is a game about people who found themselves in another world where they had bizarre enemies and strange powers to use against them until they were able return to where they had come from. It all seemed like just a strange dream, until it showed up at your job. What are you going to do about it?

EDIT2: Fanfic

The three of them looked away from each other, no one wanting to be the one that started the ridiculous conversation they all knew was coming. "So, are we just not gonna talk about it?" Cam asked at last, jabbing a thumb at the hunk of twisted metal behind him as he did.

"Works for me, let's do that," Amy said, not bothering to look where he was pointing. She'd had her fill of the robot when it was trying to slice her in half.

"Well, we at least agree that we all saw the swordroid then," Mina said, trying to head off another argument.

"I never agreed to that," Amy said. "If you want to pretend there's killer robots with blade arms running around that no one else can see, leave me out of it."

"None of us wants to be involved in something like this, but what are we supposed to do? You saw what it did to that car, what if someone had been inside of it?" Cam tried to appeal to the woman's empathy while noting that Mina knew what the thing was called. Behind him the damaged swordroid silently reconfigured itself into a second battle form.

"It shouldn't be my problem. I never asked for any of this." Amy pointed to her hair, still blue from her upshifting. "Not this stupid hair, or these stupid powers. I don't want any part of this."

"Please Amy, we're going to need your help if more show up. You're better at fighting than Cam and me," Mina said. "You don't have to come with us, but will you at least tell us if you see another one around?"

"I... I guess. Not that I'll be looking," Amy said just before the modified swordroid attacked Cam. She was quicker on the draw than it could have been, creating a wall of ice between the man and the blade. Cam reacted to Amy's movement, his eyes flashing golden while he turned around. Lightning shot out of them into the ice and the machine, frying its circuitry. Mina followed up with a dash, her teeth growing into fangs and nails becoming claws as she tore the swordroid into much smaller pieces. Amy and Cam stayed well out of her way as she went to work.

With the robot completely dismantled this time, the three of them looked at each other, not sure who should be the one to start the next ridiculous conversation they all knew was coming. "So, what are we going to do with those?" Amy asked, pointing at the pile of metal chunks in front of them.

Agent Rush fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Mar 27, 2017

TheSoundNinja
May 18, 2012

And with that, we're done! I'll be deciding who will be going on to the finals over the next few days, and will post who moves on here.

Regardless, pat yourselves on the back. I'm proud as gently caress of what you all did, even if you only submitted ad copy or a simple idea. It was a pleasure to run this, and I'm excited to see what comes from your games in the future.

TheSoundNinja
May 18, 2012

Alright, I (with some help from the people who will be helping me run the playtests) have narrowed down the final 10 games to the finalists and honorable mentions.

By no means should you feel bad if your game wasn't a finalist, we spent an hour arguing over what should be in the list with four games competing for the two remaining slots.

Without further ado, let's list in no particular order:

Finalists posted:

• AlienRopeBurn "Space Adventure Hero"
  • Mr. Misfit "Legends Divide"
  • Free Cog "Armilage: The Peacekeepers"
  • Lurks With Wolves "Strikers [NG+]"
  • DNA Cowboys "Requiem for Rose: The Third Age of the Zalfor Saga"
  • Agent Rush "Wonderland ReTune"
  • Hedningen "Burning Fires of Youth: The Demon Lord's Return"
  • Antivehicular "From Hell's Heart"

This leaves Covok and Davin Valkri as our Honorable Mentions. You won't leave empty handed, as I'll be throwing you guys a prize a piece myself when everything is said and done.

We'll start recording the playthroughs next Sunday!

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Thanks so much for all the hard work on this! It's been really interesting, and I look forward to seeing the results.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Yeah, it was a ton of fun TheSoundNinja. Congratulations to the other contestants, I can't wait to see the playthroughs!

Covok
May 27, 2013

This was a pretty loving legit competition. Had some fun with the idea. Shocked I managed to make it all during busy season. Good luck to everyone else.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Yeah, this was amazing. Best of luck to the finalists, and I hope the podcast recording goes well, TSN!

Covok
May 27, 2013

Antivehicular posted:

Yeah, this was amazing. Best of luck to the finalists, and I hope the podcast recording goes well, TSN!

Just want to make sure, you know you're a finalist, right?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Covok posted:

Just want to make sure, you know you're a finalist, right?

I'm aware, but good luck to everyone, you know? I'm really looking forward to seeing these games shine.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Antivehicular posted:

I'm aware, but good luck to everyone, you know? I'm really looking forward to seeing these games shine.

Oh, just wanted to be sure. The way you worded it make me...nevermind, I was being stupid.

TheSoundNinja
May 18, 2012

Judging update:

We've played two games so far, and I have podcasts for you! Fair warning: they are pretty long, so they're split into two parts.

First up was Free Cog's "Armilage: The Peace Keepers" (Part One and Part Two)

Second was Antivehicular's "From Hell's Heart" (Part One and Part Two)

Now, this week we have a sad problem: one of our judges isn't available due to Real Life Consequences (i.e. an essay). So, we're postponing our play through of Hedningen's "Burning Fires of Youth: The Demon Lord's Return!" until the 23rd.

But what are we doing this Sunday? Well, those of us who are available will be doing a play through of the first Anime RPG in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Hey, is the judging still going on? Even if the answer's "We've been really busy and haven't gotten to the next game yet."

• Locked thread