Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheSoundNinja
May 18, 2012

Trollhawke posted:

Is there a chance I can get a late pass for this?

Yes you can! High "Seas" Adventure is your genre, and the modifier you must include is Sequel Series.

I'll be updating the participant list later this evening, as I have to attend a family "affair".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

I'LL GET YOU THIS YEAR! EVEN IF I SAID THIS LAST YEAR TOOOOOO
God I love the smell of salty succubi in the morning

TheSoundNinja posted:

Yes you can! High "Seas" Adventure is your genre, and the modifier you must include is Sequel Series.

Got it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

High school! Your final stand in your young life and your final chance at young love! It's a twisted web of emotions as you and your classmates try to survive exams, clubs, and finding a sweetheart! Designed for light-hearted stories, your players will pick an archetype such as The Senpai, The Otaku, The Class Rep, The Jock, or The Delinquent and woo each other in this Powered by the Apocalypse school drama! When young hearts collide, who knows what'll happen? Will senpai notice you? Will you get an anonymous note at your desk? Don't forget to ask your faculty for advice: They've been through it before, with included tips on applying playbooks to NPCs! Only the most passionate will be able to get that big confession under the cherry blossom tree! Will you find true love? Will you be alone at graduation? Let's hope you find your HIGH SCHOOL CRUSH!

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Huh. That actually requires very little in the way of changes to my setting. Though ironically, declaring it a sequel does retroactively make it sound much less inspired than it already was. :v:

TheSoundNinja
May 18, 2012

Rangpur posted:

Huh. That actually requires very little in the way of changes to my setting. Though ironically, declaring it a sequel does retroactively make it sound much less inspired than it already was. :v:

Remember, "Sequel Series" doesn't require it to be an actual sequel - just that something from before affecting the present.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

TheSoundNinja posted:

Remember, "Sequel Series" doesn't require it to be an actual sequel - just that something from before affecting the present.

Transhumanity is technically the sequel to humanity.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Plan classes! Do improvised field trips! Beat the crap out of bullies! Berate abusive parents! Teach what the school books won't in this Slice of Life RPG!

The private school of Kisetsu High, located at a distant part of the capital is where young outcasts, delinquents and those unable to adapt to "normal" schools are sent by society in a last ditch attempt to force them into conformity before they reach adulthood. Yet the young men and women sent by their parents here will find themselves in a wildly different place than their former education centers! In this rules-light game using Fate Accelerated's ruleset, you will play as an unorthodox faculty of teachers, all of them from a former generation of Kiseki alumni that are as eccentric and wild as their students, and try to teach, help and feel alongside those who will one day succeed you as teachers themselves!

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jan 30, 2017

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!
Amusingly it took me some time to understand that Period Piece is in no way restricted to Japan. That said...

LEGEND DIVIDE
Fight for your Convictions! Battle Gods! Save your People! Build your Legacy!
Return to a time where bronze ruled and kings were gods, when hard choices meant hard consequences and one name could live for millenia in word and a deed. The time is 1250 BCE. The world is shaken as the wars between the Hittites, Assyrians and Egyptians continue, while the Shang Dynasty fights against their decline and the coming of the Spring & Autumn period, and Greece is torn apart in the Trojan War. Enter Ancient Mesopotamia at the end of the Late Bronze Age, build up your tribe, settle a village and a family, and build your legacy, navigate the treacherous waters of Betrayal and create a legend, that endures the ages, worthy of rivalry even to the gods and their ilk. Will it be built upon Blood, Glory or Artistry? Will your legacy survive the ages, in a time, when LEGEND DIVIDEs?

Too bad actually, but I don´t feel able enough to translate something seriously good into the R.A.N.C.E. RPG for now, so that will have to be left out for now. So no hyperweapon stat, I´m afraid.

Sir Mopalot
Jun 8, 2014
Magical Girl is simultaneously great and terrible to be working on, lots of great fodder, but also it's pretty well-trodden ground already.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Long ago, the Enemy came, and a Giant Robot and its brave Pilot fought desperately to save us. The Pilot failed. The Robot faltered. Earth belongs to the Enemy. Do you dare stand against them, young Pilot? Do you trust your Robot, and does it trust you?

From Hell's Heart is a storytelling game for three players about hope and redemption in a world conquered by darkness. Each player takes a distinct role in the story: the hopeful, vulnerable Pilot whose fighting spirit drives the story; the Giant Robot, a being with its own secret heart, whose trust and power must be earned; and the Enemy, conquerors of Earth, who intend to crush them both. Using a simple set of mechanics based on character relationships, From Hell's Heart tells the story of the triumph or defeat of Earth's last beacon of hope.

Rise, Pilot. Awaken, Robot. Now is your time.

Antivehicular fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jan 29, 2017

TheSoundNinja
May 18, 2012

Mr.Misfit posted:

Amusingly it took me some time to understand that Period Piece is in no way restricted to Japan. That said...

LEGEND DIVIDE
Fight for your Convictions! Battle Gods! Save your People! Build your Legacy!
Return to a time where bronze ruled and kings were gods, when hard choices meant hard consequences and one name could live for millenia in word and a deed. The time is 1250 BCE. The world is shaken as the wars between the Hittites, Assyrians and Egyptians continue, while the Shang Dynasty fights against their decline and the coming of the Spring & Autumn period, and Greece is torn apart in the Trojan War. Enter Ancient Mesopotamia at the end of the Late Bronze Age, build up your tribe, settle a village and a family, and build your legacy, navigate the treacherous waters of Betrayal and create a legend, that endures the ages, worthy of rivalry even to the gods and their ilk. Will it be built upon Blood, Glory or Artistry? Will your legacy survive the ages, in a time, when LEGEND DIVIDEs?

Too bad actually, but I don´t feel able enough to translate something seriously good into the R.A.N.C.E. RPG for now, so that will have to be left out for now. So no hyperweapon stat, I´m afraid.

This reminds me of REIGN: The Animation - the anime about Alexander the Great, with the AeonFlux looking character designs.

Sir Mopalot posted:

Magical Girl is simultaneously great and terrible to be working on, lots of great fodder, but also it's pretty well-trodden ground already.

Don't believe in you. Believe in the anime that believes in you!

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!

TheSoundNinja posted:

This reminds me of REIGN: The Animation - the anime about Alexander the Great, with the AeonFlux looking character designs.
[...]

I didn´t know this existed!
Also: That anime looks horrible! :D

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Reign looks like that BECAUSE it had the same character designer from Aeon Flux. I like it though, it reminds of a more stylized late Araki!

TheSoundNinja
May 18, 2012

Mr.Misfit posted:

I didn´t know this existed!
Also: That anime looks horrible! :D

Yet somehow that didn't give me nightmares when I was 16. This did instead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQYpl4diX-g

Sir Mopalot
Jun 8, 2014
For stuff that is a hack of an existing ruleset, does it need to have an OGL or similar agreement?

TheSoundNinja
May 18, 2012

Sir Mopalot posted:

For stuff that is a hack of an existing ruleset, does it need to have an OGL or similar agreement?

If the terms of the ruleset require it, yes. I'm not sure on the Cortex+ requirements, but D20 does require it to be included at the end.

Sir Mopalot
Jun 8, 2014
I'm looking at one that has no open license of any sort.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Sir Mopalot posted:

I'm looking at one that has no open license of any sort.

Well you can't copyright mechanics. You can trademark and copyright specific terms, but not mechanics. Basically what this means is to be completely in the clear you'd have to rewrite all the stuff so you're not directly plagiarizing the game text.

This only matters if you're trying to make a real game out of it, usually fanworks aren't pursued because the money involved is nonexistent in the RPG industry.

TheSoundNinja
May 18, 2012

Kwyndig posted:

Well you can't copyright mechanics. You can trademark and copyright specific terms, but not mechanics. Basically what this means is to be completely in the clear you'd have to rewrite all the stuff so you're not directly plagiarizing the game text.

This only matters if you're trying to make a real game out of it, usually fanworks aren't pursued because the money involved is nonexistent in the RPG industry.

For this contest, you'd need to write it in a way that you could sell it if you wanted to. But Kwyndig is right, only key terms can be copyrighted. Mechanics are fair game.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm pretty sure PbtA has a pretty chill license, but I'm going to be writing it as a hack just to be sure.

TheSoundNinja
May 18, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm pretty sure PbtA has a pretty chill license, but I'm going to be writing it as a hack just to be sure.

Vincent, Creator of Apocalypse World posted:

As far as I'm concerned: do, if you want to. I'll be excited to help in any way I can.

If you're going to use my exact words, you need my permission. Get with me and tell me which sections of my text you'd like to use. In general I don't have any reservations about this, so probably I'll just say yes and away you go. If you want to use, like, whole chapters, or my character playbooks, or really extensive pieces, that'll mean licensing them from me.

Better if you use your own words! Then you don't need my permission at all. I hope you'll give me and Apocalypse World a mention on your credits or notes page; do that and I'm happy.

This applies to hacks with wholly original content only.

You would be totally fine to create a hack or PbtA system in this case. Have fun!

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Hey, some people were wondering in the Discord if the blurb has to be exactly 150 words?

Also, my concept turns out to be very similar to Generator Rex, is that ok or do I need to scrap it?

TheSoundNinja
May 18, 2012

Agent Rush posted:

Hey, some people were wondering in the Discord if the blurb has to be exactly 150 words?

Also, my concept turns out to be very similar to Generator Rex, is that ok or do I need to scrap it?

Exactly that many words.

Does the concept sound like something in an anime? I've never seen Generator Rex, but is it anything like Generator Gawl?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_mjFGym-xI

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

TheSoundNinja posted:

Exactly that many words.

What are you going to be using for word counts? I'm getting 150 from one tool and 152 from another, even after I cut out my stupid em dashes.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

TheSoundNinja posted:

Exactly that many words.

Does the concept sound like something in an anime? I've never seen Generator Rex, but is it anything like Generator Gawl?

Generator Rex was a show about a guy who could transform parts of his body to fight monsters. It was Canadian, I think? Either that or Cartoon Network Studios..

TheSoundNinja
May 18, 2012

Quick clarification to the word counts:

I'll paste the Ad Copy or Fanfics into a Google Doc, Highlight it, and use the word count tool on the selection.

While Ad Copy (the 150 word description) will need to be exactly 150 words, fanfics can be longer. Also, the Ad Copy can be accompanied by more detailed descriptions of what you're working on.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

TheSoundNinja posted:

Whether through the story or the mechanics, the legacy or impact of something in the past has to have an impact in the present that the characters have to deal with.

TheSoundNinja posted:

Ettin: Post-Apocalyptic Punk

:unsmigghh:

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

TheSoundNinja posted:

Exactly that many words.

Reading the wikipedia page for Generator Gawl, Generator Rex is kind of similar to it. It's like Kwyndig posted; an Event spread nanites all over the Earth and sometimes they activate and turn living things into monsters. One dude has the ability to create bio-mechanical weapons and tools with his nanites, and even cure other's somewhat.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
OSRMANCE: Adventures in Love

The World turns towards Darkness, but may yet be saved by the Chosen One, a hero descended from the last saviors of the world. But they cannot do it alone. Helping them are their friends and rivals, who harbor secret passions in their hearts that draw them on the quest for Justice. Not only will they have to work together to save the world fighting monsters, villains and overbearing parents, but they'll compete with each other to win the Chosen One's Heart. Can the Power of Love truly defeat Evil?

Probably featuring unless it's too hard:
The Chosen One: this vital yet spineless NPC Inherits traits from the previous OTP that define his mostly blank personality.
Social Conflict: Earn Love Points by helping or appealing to the Chosen One.
Archetypes: New classes that represent traditional characters from classic stories of romance, connected with Brute Force to OSR-style mechanics.

TheSoundNinja
May 18, 2012

Agent Rush posted:

Reading the wikipedia page for Generator Gawl, Generator Rex is kind of similar to it. It's like Kwyndig posted; an Event spread nanites all over the Earth and sometimes they activate and turn living things into monsters. One dude has the ability to create bio-mechanical weapons and tools with his nanites, and even cure other's somewhat.

Sounds anime to me.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I'm still working on my blurb, don't have anything finalized yet but there's going to be some overlap with other genres. The basic idea I have right now is that one man climbed to the very heights of culinary perfection, and it drove him mad. Now flavor itself is outlawed and your rag tag band of chefs must spread The Joy of Cooking (working title).

Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

I'LL GET YOU THIS YEAR! EVEN IF I SAID THIS LAST YEAR TOOOOOO
God I love the smell of salty succubi in the morning

Week 1 task - 150 page blurb
Betwixt the broken stars lies everything you can desire.

But are you ambitious, cunning, and foolhardy enough to try and take it?

In a galaxy where time is malleable and technology is malicious, take your place amongst the unknown stars. Discover new planets, reconnect old colonies and rediscover the universe around you, all while trying to avoid the machinations and anarchy of unregulated space in a recently divided universe.

Where each game can be its universe, the threats aren't just the conflicts, policies or bureaucracy you can understand – with the shattering still wounding the universe, dangerous time magic and deadly ancestral connections are at your command – but be careful, for if the time stream is damaged too much, you could end up lost in time and space.

Betwixt Broken Stars is a space exploration game with a focus on character drama, ship-to-ship combat and reconnecting a broken world.

- -
Late pass fictionExtract from an interview with Leonard Marchkiller, owner of “Lucky Stars”, south side of west city
I overheard an interesting conversation between two patrons the other day. The two were obviously drifters, I could tell that much from the look in their eyes, their look is sharper than most folk who come my way. In any case, I left my tape player recording by accident, so if you like I've got the recording here.
“...And I told you, we can't just follow that signal! By our estimates it's several clicks away, and we have no idea what's in between!”
“Yes, we have no idea what's in between but our shields survived god-drat space Sekigahara. If anyone can make that connection, it's us.“
“OR, we could just go around, meet up with the rest of the crew at Planet Ozvez-”
“And let all of that unexplored space be mined by someone el-”
“And survive.”
“But we'll need to cough up for Ozvez's tariffs if we do.”
“I'd rather pay up than pay with my life. And I know you still have plans for Osreiler-7, or whatever they call themselves now.”
..So then I asked about their destination, and wouldn't you know it I knew a guy who was looking for a ride there himself. So we bargained, they paid me for the info, and that's how I got this new coffee machine. Ain't she a beaut?

Ahh, what do you know about aesthetics anyway.
- -

More detailed description:

The aim of the game for this one will be in three inter-connecting parts: A travel system which uses randomized distances to flesh out/expand the universe, a Ship-to-Ship combat system and an Ancestral power system, which will act as our sequel hook and involves drawing upon your past life in order to help yourself out, but with complications.

The primary method of expressing the High Seas genre will be the ever expanding galaxy map, combined with a relationship map in order to show visible progress and expansion of the known world. This map will not only encourage a "connecting the dots" mentality in order to help connect the scattered colonies of humanity (or aliens, depending on how it's run) with mechanical support for doing so, but also have inter-session mechanics in order to make the world feel more alive and breathing. The game will also have a large focus on space ship - space ship combat, which should help add to the high-seas feel.

The primary manner of interacting with the sequel premise is that each character(and maybe some NPCS) are all ancestors to those involved with the "Shattering", which caused not only cut off intergalactic travel, but shattered the universal community in so doing (hence, the shattering mentioned in the blurb) and fractured parts of the space-time-continuum (hence, why old data on neighbouring galaxies is useless and time magic/ancestral power exists).
As the game progresses, the players will uncover (and have some say in) the events which played out in the past, which help the players understand why the world they live in is now as it is.

Getting Lost in Time and Space will be a mechanic, and it will be devastating when it happens, because it's getting lost in time and space. It won't be a TPK, though.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Here we are. How is this?

Gendai no Kami -- Little Miracles (A Hack of Golden Sky Stories?)

Once humans prayed for strong sword arms, powerful magics, protection from things that would destroy them. You walked among them, granting your boons, thriving on the act of giving and the thanks returned.

You are divine beings, after all.

But the world has changed, and people don’t beg for succor as they once did. They seek...smaller goals now, and offer their sacrifices to vast urban infrastructural phenomena that you barely understand. But they pursue these small victories with the same drive as they once slayed giants.

And you still thrive on giving. And you can learn.

Step into the shoes of gods made people. Try your best to understand these strange organizations humans have created. Aid them by using your powers to their fullest--just be aware of unintended consequences. Or learn to suppress your powers, and help them as they themselves would.

Small blessings are still beautiful, after all...

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jan 30, 2017

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Davin Valkri posted:

Here we are. How is this?

Gendai no Kami -- Blessings of Today (A Hack of Golden Sky Stories?)

Once humans prayed for strong sword arms, powerful magics, protection from things that would destroy them. You walked among them, granting your boons, thriving on the act of giving and the thanks returned.

You are divine beings, after all.

But the world has changed, and people don’t beg for succor as they once did. They seek...smaller things now, and offer their sacrifices to vast urban infrastructural phenomena that you barely understand. But they seek these small victories with the same drive as they once slayed giants.

And you still thrive on giving. And you can learn.

Step into the shoes of gods made human. Try your best to understand these strange things humans have created. Aid them by using your powers to their fullest--just be aware of unintended consequences. Or learn to suppress your powers, and help them as they themselves would.

Small blessings are still beautiful, after all...

I like this, and I think GSS would be a good place to start. Good luck! I'm looking forward to seeing what you make.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

Kwyndig posted:

I like this, and I think GSS would be a good place to start. Good luck! I'm looking forward to seeing what you make.

Yay! I can't wait to see what you'll make with a title like "Joy of Cooking", as well!

Black Wombat
Nov 25, 2007

Every puzzle
has an answer.
Okay. Unless I'm mistaken, I've seen this thread approximately 35 minutes before the deadline and would like to request to get in on this!

E: I have only now seen the edited-in sign-up cutoff at the end. I don't think I'll push my luck and try this without a late pass. I'll certainly be watching, though!

Black Wombat fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jan 29, 2017

TheSoundNinja
May 18, 2012

Black Wombat posted:

Okay. Unless I'm mistaken, I've seen this thread approximately 35 minutes before the deadline and would like to request to get in on this!

My friend, that's what a Late Pass is for! You'll be making a Period Piece game that's a Sequel Series. For this week, you'll need to submit an exactly 150 word Ad Blurb about your game, and a 150+ word fanfic to be considered on time!

Also: my phone is updating, and that has my randomizer on it. Feel free to enter using a Late Pass, but it'll take about 15 minutes to assign genres again.

NEVERMIND, DISREGARD THAT.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.

Burning Fires of Youth!!! The Demon Lord's Return!
The gates to the demon realm opened by Lord Shura closed 15 years ago thanks to the hot-blooded efforts of Japan's greatest youth gang, but shutting the gates has done nothing to stem the spiritual powers manifesting through society and the occasional stray demon, so buckle up and prepare to punch your way through rival gangs, rogue demons, and sinister conspiracies! Utilizing the Burning Fires of Youth system, this role-playing game will let you and your friends experience the world that sprung up after the events of the original show. Form your own gang, design your own spiritual powers and martial arts style, and prepare to enter a world of thrilling fights, manly emotions, and terrible demons – not to mention the trouble of staying delinquent when the cops are out hunting monsters and your rival gangs can shoot fireballs! Gather your gang and prepare your spirit to burn on!!!!

Progress so far
Sketched out the skeleton of a system using my personal albatross, mah-jong tiles, because it creates a cool method for counters and makes things feel even more anime by being non-standard and kinda weird. Looking into a more storygame-type system format for this - while fighting might naturally lend itself to crunchier systems, I'm trying to keep things loose enough for a relatively narrative fail-forward system. Skills have been designed for open-ended design - don't know who I'm ripping off for this, but they're player chosen, with starting characters getting one keyed to each attribute, no matter how nonsensical. Current example is hacking via punching things, sheer fighting spirit, or somehow talking a computer into doing what you want.

Already a bit intimidated by some of the cool system logos here - I feel like I should get on doing that.

Hedningen fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jan 30, 2017

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

“Any treasure in the world could be mine, all I would need to do is choose...”

These were the thoughts of the Crime King, the masked thief revered and reviled internationally, the man who always evaded capture as he stole from everyone to tech industrialists to royalty to art collectors. And these are the thoughts of you, those who would call themselves the successors of the Crime King!

While rumors of the King’s death--or worse, retirement--skitter around the world you know the truth of his disappearance, along with the truth that the world still craves for someone to commit these grandest of larcenies! Show them all that you mean business in Mask of the Crime King, a tabletop heist game that’s Powered By The Apocalypse Engine! Steal the unstealable, seduce everyone in sight, dodge the detectives who’re always closer than you’d like...but always make sure you look drat good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSoundNinja
May 18, 2012

Hedningen posted:

Burning Fires of Youth!!! The Demon Lord's Return!
The gates to the demon realm opened by Lord Shura closed 15 years ago thanks to the hot-blooded efforts of Japan's greatest youth gang, but shutting the gates has done nothing to stem the spiritual powers manifesting through society and the occasional stray demon, so buckle up and prepare to punch your way through rival gangs, rogue demons, and sinister conspiracies! Utilizing the Burning Fires of Youth system, this role-playing game will let you and your friends experience the world that sprung up after the events of the original show. Form your own gang, design your own spiritual powers and martial arts style, and prepare to enter a world of thrilling fights, manly emotions, and terrible demons – not to mention the trouble of staying delinquent when the cops are out hunting monsters and your rival gangs can shoot fireballs! Gather your gang and prepare your spirit to burn on!!!!

Progress so far
Sketched out the skeleton of a system using my personal albatross, mah-jong tiles, because it creates a cool method for counters and makes things feel even more anime by being non-standard and kinda weird. Looking into a more storygame-type system format for this - while fighting might naturally lend itself to crunchier systems, I'm trying to keep things loose enough for a relatively narrative fail-forward system. Skills have been designed for open-ended design - don't know who I'm ripping off for this, but they're player chosen, with starting characters getting one keyed to each attribute, no matter how nonsensical. Current example is hacking via punching things, sheer fighting spirit, or somehow talking a computer into doing what you want.

Already a bit intimidated by some of the cool system logos here - I feel like I should get on doing that.

gently caress. Mah Jong. My only weakness...

I have up to Hedningen's Week 1 submission posted in the second post. If you need to adjust your word counts, feel free to edit your posts originally (as I am lazy, and wish to just have the hyperlinks to the posts be simple). The idea of "Best Post of the Week" prizes has been thrown around, and I do like the idea. I'll be figuring out exactly what to give away (as one of the people I reached out to I need to reach out to). It'll probably be something anime related (as he's a convention chair at several conventions here in Texas).

So: starting after the cut-off for Week 1 Submissions, I'll be picking which participant had my favorite Ad Copy. If you have a cool logo? It'll increase your chances. I'm at a game store, and browsing titles. Sell me on your game!
What will you get if you have the best post? Either a to be decided, but would be shipped domestically or something anime that I could give you digitally.

• Locked thread