Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I've flaked all but one of these I've participated in, but - by Goku - I will try again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Alien Rope Burn posted:

(Do what all RPG publishers do and fake it, I guess.)
Considering my exposure to anime boils down to Dragonball, NGE, One Piece, Ghost in the Shell, and bits and pieces absorbed through pop-cultural osmosis, I most certainly intend to do just that.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

TheSoundNinja posted:

So, I originally intended on drawing the genres separately for each group of 8 contestants (to allow for some duplicate genres to be drawn) and release all that info with the modifier at the start of week one. But you raise a good point: time for research is always helpful...

How would you all feel about getting your genres early (today, and whenever anyone else signs up), but getting the modifier at the start of week one?
Serious talk: This is a good idea and I support it.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

TheSoundNinja posted:

frankenfreak: Business
Alright, I definitely need some examples here since "business" sounds very vague and generic on its own.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Mr. Fowl posted:

Try Misapporpriations Investigator Rintaro Nakabo. It's a manga by the artist of Fist of the North Star. Imagine if a guy built like Kenshiro were empowered by Bill Clinton to fix the Japanese economy after the bubble burst.

Of course, our esteemed OP may also be referring to the variety of anime and manga themed around workplaces.
You know, my first instinct was "running a small business", specifically something like

:v:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Mr. Fowl posted:

Try Misapporpriations Investigator Rintaro Nakabo. It's a manga by the artist of Fist of the North Star. Imagine if a guy built like Kenshiro were empowered by Bill Clinton to fix the Japanese economy after the bubble burst.

Of course, our esteemed OP may also be referring to the variety of anime and manga themed around workplaces.

Plutonis posted:

Try Investor Z?
Thanks for these suggestions. If anyone else has some examples of business anime/manga, I'd appreciate learning about them.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

:allears:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
I feel like I have enough material to work now with Lemon-Lime's great repository post. I'll pass on the box.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Superstar Software, Sparkle Toys Manufacturing, Takeda Trust & Investment - all once great companies that are now down on their luck. But you are here to make their resurgence happen, whether you loyally stuck with your company through thick and thin, came here to face a challenge, or because you got nowhere else to go.

A roleplaying game that focuses not only on the challenges of rebuilding a struggling business, but also on the drama that comes with it. Deal with business partners, competitors, and co-workers, meet tight deadlines, and make big deals happen to bring the company back to the top. Whether you are the enthusiastic newbie, the career slacker, or the long-serving veteran, everybody will have to contribute, making friends and enemies along the way.

Company Rebuild Project has rules to create a variety of characters, put them in interesting and challenging situations, and reward them with their heart’s desire.

---end ad blurb---

So after going through a bunch of ideas with more fixed settings, I've decided to put more emphasis on the character types and their interactions than the actual business. As a bonus, this will probably work nicely with a PbtA base.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Here's a Google Doc where I've finally started to write down the ideas. It's still messy and I'm actually working on it right now, but I wanted to get this posted lest I forget to do so before heading to bed later.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Davin Valkri posted:

I'm going to late pass this week. I don't know why but I just haven't been able to write anything
I had the same problem. I'll also take my late pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Sorry, but I have to finally drop. My motivation for my theme had not been particular high to begin with and between that and my ideas not coming together as the whole I wanted, I couldn't push myself enough. Good luck to everyone still going!

• Locked thread