Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Crap crap crap the month I forget to check this stuff because I'm busy working

Late pass, please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Kowloon

Once, this town was a criminal cesspool.

A band of 5 police academy rookies swore an oath: they would cleanse the town of the corruption at its heart. At great personal cost, and the life of their leader, they did. Now, without their guiding heart, the surviving 4 have succumbed to the power they hold.

Now masked teams stalk the streets, dragging off petty criminals for reeducation. The people whisper their opinions in their own homes, glancing over their shoulders to check if a red-eyed boogeyman is watching through the window.

It is your time. Are you a fresh-faced academy graduate, looking to make a difference? A survivor of the criminal gangs, disgusted at what the city has become? The Society of Guan Yu organizes in secret, bridging between officer and 49er, collecting those with the power to change the city.

You can make a difference. But to what end?

K Prime fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jan 30, 2017

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Fanfic
The Kowloon City Shuffle

"You've gotta be kidding me," says Victor Wang. "They got Sonny?"

The young woman sitting at the other end of the table, idly spinning her badge between her fingers, nods grimly. Her name is Sapphire Lo, and it's her 2nd year as a beat cop. "Just grabbed him off the street and vanished him. I only heard because Captain Hu was laughing it up in the break room. 'We'll make him sing,' he said."

"poo poo," says Victor, pursing his fingers over a glass of more than slightly illegal moonshine. "I knew him when he was just a punk. He broke easy then and he'll do it now. We never should have brought him in."

"Too late for regrets, Vic," says Sapphire. "What do we do?"

Victor stares at the drink. Takes it. Pours another. "You'll have to take me in."

"What?"

"Take me in. I won't break and they'll think they've got everybody. Sonny's word against you will get dismissed as him trying to bring you down with us. It's our only choice."

"Are you sure?" says Sapphire, badge doing a complex and pensive figure eight. "You'll be dead before anybody can help you."

Victor nods, slowly. "Yeah. I've had my run. Someone's gotta survive this."

Sapphire pauses a moment. Slowly stands. Clips the badge back on her waist. "Then by the power vested in me by the Kowloon Harmonious Police, I place you under arrest. May the gods have mercy on both our souls."

A wan smile crosses Victor's face. "I'd prefer mercy on my body, but I'll take what I can get."

K Prime fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jan 30, 2017

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Kowloon

Since I am a fool who likes making systems up, I've started cobbling together my custom set up for this game.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VzaQX_w6s8fNqW5TH09-6PtpRBVob9hPYn2Pwv3tI7Q/edit

Please feel free to comment. Note that I am already planning on ways to make low value card draws valuable.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Still rough as poo poo but workable! Needs a lot more math and I might get more editing done sometime today or as the playtesting progresses.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VzaQX_w6s8fNqW5TH09-6PtpRBVob9hPYn2Pwv3tI7Q/edit?usp=sharing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

I officially don't have time to continue working on this so I gotta drop. It ended up not being.... in the cards.

• Locked thread