Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i don't know jack about writing rpgs and i don't know jack about half of the genres in that list but gently caress it, i want in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i think the closest i got to police/crime anime was half-watching a couple gits episodes on adult swim a decade ago so at the very least this contest will give me an excuse to edify my anime self

remusclaw posted:

So Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagaan. Anything else I should look at for the Giant Robot genre? I assume stuff like Gundam is more Real Robot, no?

watch shin mazinger and join the rest of us in despairing that it didn't get a sequel

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

if accessibility is an issue there's also what i believe is the current running ultraman on crunchyroll streaming too

tokusatsu is one of the genres i kinda wish i'd gotten, a pvp-ish game or setting based off of some of the more rider vs rider heavy seasons of kamen rider is something i'd been bouncing around in my head lately

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Kwyndig posted:

I'm just trying to figure out which side of the genre I want to go with. There aren't a lot of organized crime anime (although the ones out there tend to be very good.)

otoh there are probably more rpgs centered on organized crime than on police stuff

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

protip for anyone doing the mystery box: pbta hack where the stats are sweet / salty / bitter / sour / umami

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

“Any treasure in the world could be mine, all I would need to do is choose...”

These were the thoughts of the Crime King, the masked thief revered and reviled internationally, the man who always evaded capture as he stole from everyone to tech industrialists to royalty to art collectors. And these are the thoughts of you, those who would call themselves the successors of the Crime King!

While rumors of the King’s death--or worse, retirement--skitter around the world you know the truth of his disappearance, along with the truth that the world still craves for someone to commit these grandest of larcenies! Show them all that you mean business in Mask of the Crime King, a tabletop heist game that’s Powered By The Apocalypse Engine! Steal the unstealable, seduce everyone in sight, dodge the detectives who’re always closer than you’d like...but always make sure you look drat good.

• Locked thread