Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Alright, after the fiasco that was my concept for an RPG based on The Police (it's a bit of design I'd like to reapproach in the future, but it's design concepts at the moment are well beyond my ability to forge into a cohesive whole) so I'm looking to make something a little more straightforward (given my familiarity with Anime versus The Police songs). Count me in.

As a note though, I won't be able to playtest someone else's game because my group does not have a consistent weekly or even monthly meeting. I can try to schedule something now to try to address it in advance, but I'm not confident I can find a place in my group's schedule when I only have one weekend to playtest it. If this passes the buck in an unacceptable way, let me know and I'm happy to back out now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

TheSoundNinja posted:

Didn't ChipCheezum feature an episode of some bizarre bancho prizon school anime during an LP a few years ago?

So, having your game be playtested is a requirement. I would prefer you playtest someone's game (as that would help them out), so do schedule something. I am willing to accept having someone else take care of playtesting someone else's game in your stead if push came to shove, but you would need to put in the work to make that a possibility. The person who playtests for you would need to get you their feedback on the game as it stands in time for you to upload their findings as a post here in time for the deadline.

I think that can work as a compromise. What do you guys think?

Now that I'm thinking about it, I might be able to rely upon strangers rather than a dedicated group and either take advantage of a goon #irc RPG channel or see if my FLGS is willing to host/sponsor the playtest. Wouldn't need to impinge on anyone's schedule but my own.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Mr. Maltose posted:

When the time to play test gets closer I'll open a Contest Discord channel in order to make organizing and contacting other people easier. Hell, I'll probably make it after work today.

If this is an option, then I'll dip into the Goonpool to run a playtest of a goon game! Here we go again... again.

In other words, count me in officially.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

All in all, this is pretty exciting. I can't wait to see what the modifier is (and how it ruins some of the ideas I've already come up with)!

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

終わりなき生存:Forever Existence

When humanity discovered the Ways, they believed they were entering a bright future.

On the other side, however, humanity discovered foes beyond understanding. In that moment, we felt mortality.

Flying into a far future where they are outgunned by the laws of relativity, a group of humans wage a desperate war of survival and discovery. Learning more about their foes, they must travel back through the Ways to Earth in order to inform their superiors about the nature of their threat - in order to develop the next generation of technology.

The question is, how far will they go and how many years will pass? What may be only a day of travel to them might herald centuries of untold changes on Earth… and on the nature of humanity. Will there be an Earth they can return to, and if so - will it and its people welcome them back?

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

"Sensei!!!"

A rough-hewn teenage boy shouts, running down the hall. He looks at his watch - he's really cutting it close. He probably shouldn't have watched so many re-runs of Captain Harlock or got absorbed in reading Dune again for the nth time before coming to school today, but he did.

"Here's my homework for the day, sensei! I'm glad I made it just in time!"

It's a work in progress and I'm currently working on it, but feel free to comment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

I will have to drop out. This week has not been kind to me.

• Locked thread