Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

TheSoundNinja posted:

Ettin couldn't submit Breakfast Cult, for example.

Sign me up anyway :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

TheSoundNinja posted:

Ettin: Post-Apocalyptic Punk

Just to be clear, what are we talking here? Fist of the North Star, Attack on Titan, Akira, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Nausicaa, Guilty Crown? Any of those not qualify? I mean Guilty Crown was poo poo, but...

(And if you have anything else in mind let me know!)

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

TheSoundNinja posted:

High School of the Dead

I'm trying to win this contest though :getin:

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

TheSoundNinja posted:

Whether through the story or the mechanics, the legacy or impact of something in the past has to have an impact in the present that the characters have to deal with.

TheSoundNinja posted:

Ettin: Post-Apocalyptic Punk

:unsmigghh:

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

A long time ago, the alien Fused invaded. The old nations fought, but one by one they fell.

The Fused ruled for decades, but the resistance fought back. Brave heroes finally forced the Fused's leaders to abandon Earth, leaving Man to their own devices. But some in the resistance had other ideas, and soon Man had simply traded one autocrat for another.

That was twenty years ago.

You live outside the Dominion's cities, in the ruins and battle-scarred countryside where the remaining free peoples live simple lives. The Alien War mattered little to you. But then you and your friends found the Base: a forgotten remnant of the War, full of Human and Fused technology. Tech you can use to help others. Tech that can make you into something more.

Can you bring peace to the survivors and help heal the world? Or will you become another weapon of war?

---

DEVADERS is a post-apocalyptic game where the players discover a Base full of tech from an alien invasion and use it to help people. Players tell stories about the Alien War and the heroes of the resistance to decide what the Base is, what's inside, what the alien races that make up the Fused were like, and what Dominion forces want to stop them.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Weekend has been busy so I still need to do a proper write-up and finish the mechanics (I'm trying to decide whether there's a cooler way to do this), but here's the Devaders doc so far.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Just as a heads up, I will probably late pass this one. I plan to work on it tonight but the deadline is in the afternoon my time. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Alright, I think I'll have to drop out after all. Not for a bad reason, at least; I really like this idea but I'm not super happy with what I've got and I'd like more time to work on it. So I won't be entering the contest, but you might see Devaders in a few months. :buddy:

• Locked thread