Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Looks like I'm binging Ore Monogatari.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Man, I got a good genre. This'll be my first time designing an RPG, so I wanted to keep it simple and romance basically demands a storygame approach. The gears are already turning for something like a PbtA.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Sailor Moon is, of course, the big mamma jamma of magical girls, but Precure is also a big juggernaut in the genre (I recommend Heartcatch Precure to start with)

Also, for the people who got Sentai/Tokusatsu, a good short crash course would be the first season of Unofficial Sentai Akibaranger. It's an official parody series that knocks on both otaku culture and basic Sentai tropes. For actual series, where Sentai is concerned, Gokaiger, Kyoryuger, and the current series Zyuohger are pretty good places to start, and for Kamen Rider, W, OOO, and Fourze are really good bets.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jan 20, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

CURLING!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Don't actually watch Terra Formars though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Research trip report after the first two episodes of Ore Monogatari: I'm gonna fuckin' cry this anime is too pure.

And I'm already getting ideas drawing from this and general high school romance tropes. I've even got a tentative name.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

All I have to do is make Monsterhearts happy.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

TheSoundNinja posted:

Didn't ChipCheezum feature an episode of some bizarre bancho prizon school anime during an LP a few years ago?

Sakigake!! Otokojuku

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

My priorities while I wait for the contest modifier are very well-placed.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'll hopefully be able to get my rough draft in by the 19th. I'm moving on the 16th, which might gum things up a bit, but I'm counting on getting the blurb deadline in on the first day so I have an entire extra week to work.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They were already running out of steam with Chopper's line, what would they have done for Robin+?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh, that's a toughie, but I think I can manage it by having the teacher/faculty of the PCs' class be graduates of the school who found love in the last series and imparting their wooing advice.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

High school! Your final stand in your young life and your final chance at young love! It's a twisted web of emotions as you and your classmates try to survive exams, clubs, and finding a sweetheart! Designed for light-hearted stories, your players will pick an archetype such as The Senpai, The Otaku, The Class Rep, The Jock, or The Delinquent and woo each other in this Powered by the Apocalypse school drama! When young hearts collide, who knows what'll happen? Will senpai notice you? Will you get an anonymous note at your desk? Don't forget to ask your faculty for advice: They've been through it before, with included tips on applying playbooks to NPCs! Only the most passionate will be able to get that big confession under the cherry blossom tree! Will you find true love? Will you be alone at graduation? Let's hope you find your HIGH SCHOOL CRUSH!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm pretty sure PbtA has a pretty chill license, but I'm going to be writing it as a hack just to be sure.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

My tutorial is a bachelor's in graphic design.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I've broken ground on my game today, nailing down my stats.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Here's my progress on High School Crush

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm gonna getcha on Discord.

• Locked thread