Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

I haven't done much RPG writing, but I heard Anime. I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

TheSoundNinja posted:

Mitama: SPORTS!

Huh. My only touchstone with this is Slam Dunk, but there's probably a lot of newer stuff I can dig into.

It doesn't necessarily have to a real sport, right?

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

The Road To Audax City

Long ago, cyclists raced across the Wildlands Trail on a wager, enduring harsh weather, ancient curses, and fairy-infested ruins to uncover the secrets within. What they found was a beautiful landmark, far off from civilization and seeped in elder magic. A place that granted wishes to those who travelled far to reach it.

Audax City.

Now, you and your cycling club have pledged to join the annual Wildlands Ride, a two-hundred kilometer brevet towards the City itself. Many cyclists see the Ride as a pilgrimage, testing themselves against the Trail, while others seek wishes for themselves. Few actually have the will to reach the end.

You have your own wish that you desperately need to fulfill. And the only way to survive this long, lonely trip is together with your friends.

The Road To Audax City is about a cycling club and their journey across a world of mundane fantasy.

---

The current plan is a one-shot game with playing cards in place of dice, possibly GMless if I can make it work. I want to adopt a board game-like structure like Shinobigami, without completely chaining down what people can do. Most of the challenge is the Wildlands Trail itself - the distance, the attrition, and incidents like busted tires and freak weather. You can find brief moments to 'recover' and 'upgrade' by experiencing travellogue moments, such visiting landmarks and eating good food along the way. But every action you take takes time, and that's ultimately the enemy in this event.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Work piled up this week and I don't think I'll be able to make progress at this time, so I'm going to bow out. Good luck to the rest. :)

• Locked thread