Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Uh...sure, okay, I can try to put one in. I don't know how to write an RPG, never mind an anime one, but here goes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
Just for clarity's sake, what does "modifier" entail? Is it a theme that all works need to hew towards, or a character they all need to have, or a plotline they all need to use?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

TheSoundNinja posted:

Davin Valkri: Fish / Fishes out of Water

Can I request some examples of how this will be judged? All of the anime I can think of of the type (Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Ponyo, Devil is a Part Timer, Gate) use fish out of water as a modifier for another genre, like fantasy, slice of life, or even period piece (time travel stories).

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Here we are. How is this?

Gendai no Kami -- Little Miracles (A Hack of Golden Sky Stories?)

Once humans prayed for strong sword arms, powerful magics, protection from things that would destroy them. You walked among them, granting your boons, thriving on the act of giving and the thanks returned.

You are divine beings, after all.

But the world has changed, and people don’t beg for succor as they once did. They seek...smaller goals now, and offer their sacrifices to vast urban infrastructural phenomena that you barely understand. But they pursue these small victories with the same drive as they once slayed giants.

And you still thrive on giving. And you can learn.

Step into the shoes of gods made people. Try your best to understand these strange organizations humans have created. Aid them by using your powers to their fullest--just be aware of unintended consequences. Or learn to suppress your powers, and help them as they themselves would.

Small blessings are still beautiful, after all...

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jan 30, 2017

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

I like this, and I think GSS would be a good place to start. Good luck! I'm looking forward to seeing what you make.

Yay! I can't wait to see what you'll make with a title like "Joy of Cooking", as well!

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Hah! Just under the limit!

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

I'm going to late pass this week. I don't know why but I just haven't been able to write anything

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Since I'm writing a small story to go into the final draft, writing a fanfic would kinda be...awkward. So I'd like to Late Pass using the prize option.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Sorry it took so long. But I think I have something at least theoretically playtest capable here.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Looking to do a playtest trade by tomorrow evening if I can, it's when my gaming group meets and we could try a thing. Sorry for the short warning on this, I've been behind on keeping up, but I figure it's best to at least try.

What time is "tomorrow evening", and what time zone? I'd like to give being a villain in your game a try.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Oh, okay. Sorry.

(I don't have a live tabletop group and my schedule/time zone might be wacky, so I'm not sure how Gendai no Kami's going to be tested.)

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Hedningen posted:

Playtest for Davin's Little Miracles is finished!

Things needed:
Examples and some fiction, really. The system works pretty well, and the narrative elements seem to flow pretty easily.
More explanation of the GM-lite nature, perhaps even suggesting table consensus or the rotating system used. It should be pretty frontloaded that this is an intended way to play.
There were a few references to tables and other elements in GSS. We didn't have a copy, so couldn't comment on those. Maybe write some new tables, or make it clearer that, for best effect, players should have a copy.

Thank you for playtesting this! I'm glad your wife enjoyed it enough to play again, and that scene is bang on perfect! I'll make sure to address your concerns in the home stretch--there will be a bracketing fiction and examples, I'll put in a section on the GM under "Playing the Game", and make sure to point out if GSS is needed and/or where tables which have been copied over are located.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

With only a half hour left to go, pdf is not going to happen. So here's the raw text for the printing draft of Gendai no Kami: Little Miracles!

• Locked thread