Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Holy poo poo I absolutely don't have time for this but I'll do my damndest because I love Game Design Contests!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

TheSoundNinja posted:

How would you all feel about getting your genres early (today, and whenever anyone else signs up), but getting the modifier at the start of week one?

Strongly in favour! Research time would be good, and fluff-writing time (although there's always the chance that the modifier obviates it!)

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Horror, eh? Junji Ito and Tsutomu Nihei something something

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Your life has taken an unthinkable turn - again! You've been transported once more into the dreams of your heart's desire… but so have their other suitors! You'll have to work together to wake the Person of your Dreams and free yourselves from the mess you’ve gotten into! Face off against Distractions, Figments and Muses and change the mindscape to ensure you’ll be the one that they love best when they wake up!

...Only this time, you know what you’re up against. This time, you’ll go deeper, to make sure you’re the only one left to love. Dredge up Trauma, Nightmares and Phobias and curse the other suitors with them, even if it means the Person of your Dreams edges ever closer to the Deep Sleep. After all, you’re the one that loves them best! You deserve them!

And if it kills them?

At least they’ll die dreaming of you.

Alright, for my Horror submission I’m going for a psychological, dream-diving card-game RPG similar to the Pathfinder card game (I assume, I’ve never played it!) Players play collaboratively and antagonistically or whatever combination of it they choose and try to escape from the dream. For the ‘sequel series’ bit, I intend to structure it like an expansion pack to the original, more lighthearted game, for a bit of intentional tonal clash. No sense saying much more than this yet, but rest assured I’m cookin’ somethin’ up!

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Feb 2, 2017

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Nah, I'm going to have to bow out, I'm afraid. Good luck everyone else!

• Locked thread