Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
Do you love his scrambled eggs recipe? Kitchen Nightmares Amy's Baking Company episode? Hell's Kitchen? That he was arrested with another man in a public restroom? Either way talk about the awesome cook who swears a cuntload!

Don't post any censored videos please
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_Lc18g6pjE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjy_FKODsTM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8EtoWMGAtg

Nonviolent J fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jan 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

crikey i'm not clickin those links, guv

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't know man, all that food can't be as bad as he says it is. :shrug:

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
i bet he'd like one of my grilled cheeses, people are always like, "fuckin ell mate, these are good"

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Amy's was pretty good, I like how he did a generic letter of recommendation for the waitress

Angela Lansburial
Feb 9, 2005
Nothing to see here.
he is an abusive person

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

https://youtu.be/i1NfWIaYed8

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

If you watch any of his shows, he uses the word "bland" a lot to criticize people's dishes. And then they always cut to the person's reaction and they're shocked. Bland is Gordon's way of saying this dish is perfectly fine but not up to his insanely high haute standards.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
let's all form opinions on a persona created to appeal to american TV viewers

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat

Streak posted:

let's all form opinions on a persona created to appeal to american TV viewers

yes? lets? what's your problem mate?

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

He has a unique cooking style, that's for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyL_cYxV6QA

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I like him because he teaches his children about death. I mean not enough to watch his shows, but I did see that bit

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Tailored Sauce posted:

If you watch any of his shows, he uses the word "bland" a lot to criticize people's dishes. And then they always cut to the person's reaction and they're shocked. Bland is Gordon's way of saying this dish is perfectly fine but not up to his insanely high haute standards.

Or maybe they actually are bland. Lots of chefs/cooks, especially if it's in a region like the midwest and/or has a lot of senior citizen customers, avoid anything but the lightest of seasoning like the plague.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I went through a period of watching Kitchen Nightmares though some episodes I was sure it must be a set up. Having to ask for help from Ramsay because you have no customers and then him turning up and saying "your food is bad" and being convinced that can't be the reason just defies logic.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
To their credit, i'm sure at least in the american show it's part of their contract to act over the top shocked that he didn't like their microwaved lasagna from a week and a half ago.

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
Huh he really did get "cautioned" whatever that means in a subway toilet with two other men.

I'm assuming "cautioned" is uk English for "blowjobbed."

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
THE HALIBUT'S RAW!!!

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

pants in my pants posted:

Huh he really did get "cautioned" whatever that means in a subway toilet with two other men.

I'm assuming "cautioned" is uk English for "blowjobbed."

In 1993! Isn't everyone a little gay at 17?

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I went through a period of watching Kitchen Nightmares though some episodes I was sure it must be a set up. Having to ask for help from Ramsay because you have no customers and then him turning up and saying "your food is bad" and being convinced that can't be the reason just defies logic.

Zero self awareness, accountability, taste, or actual restaurant experience are all rare in the average person who opens a restaurant. As someone who's been a line cook since high school, that's easily the most realistic part of the show for me.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
You don't microwave a salad you loving donut!

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
I would like to see a Mystery Diners/Kitchen Nightmares crossover.

"Gordon, let me introduce myself. My name is Charles Stiles and I run a company called Mystery Diners. We've gotten quite a few complaints from the waitstaff about verbal abuse and I have to say...."

"gently caress OFF YOU DONKEY!!!!"

cnut
May 3, 2016

Lemon
May 22, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdDeaARsI4Y

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

I just started watching Hell's Kitchen on Netflix and it's the most amazingly trashy poo poo with obnoxious retards as contestants.

This isn't like masterchef at all! :monocle:

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
how. any patrons at hells kitchen got hosed out of a meal bc one of the contestants hosed up hard enough for ramsey to say shut it down

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Yankee dankey doodle poo poo loool

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

He had a plate thrown at him by Joel Robuchon, who is apparently even more of a hardass than he is

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
Gordon Ramsay makes me momentarily wish I were British; I long for a world in which I could scream "gently caress off oval office" and it is received as though I said "give me a break". I must saythe irony of an esteemed, British, chef is never lost on me.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

The bloody Mirror on Gordon Ramsay being cautioned for three-guy "horsing around" in a railway lavatory:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/ramsay-was-arrested-for-indecency-1599710

Apparently someone grabbed the wrong end of the stick.

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

:ramsay: OP

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

BigBadSteve posted:

The bloody Mirror on Gordon Ramsay being cautioned for three-guy "horsing around" in a railway lavatory:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/ramsay-was-arrested-for-indecency-1599710

Apparently someone grabbed the wrong end of the stick.

i mean who hasnt gotten thrown in the drunk tank after a long day and a game of firehose

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Plan Z posted:

Zero self awareness, accountability, taste, or actual restaurant experience are all rare in the average person who opens a restaurant. As someone who's been a line cook since high school, that's easily the most realistic part of the show for me.

Most small business owners are god damned retarded and can barely function selling basic items to other people letalone running a high turn over service based business. It make complete sense that the most idiotic of those people would try their hand at the hardest service based business you can basically find.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Tailored Sauce posted:

When he says bland he literally just means not salty enough as he has zero tolerance for heat in a dish.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Olympic Mathlete posted:

If you go on Kitchen Nightmares US it's because you're willing to be embarrassed on tv to get about 15k worth of remodeling done to your restaurant.

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe

Nutsngum posted:

Most small business owners are god damned retarded and can barely function selling basic items to other people letalone running a high turn over service based business. It make complete sense that the most idiotic of those people would try their hand at the hardest service based business you can basically find.

I worked in restaurants of varying quality for many years. There is a chapter in Kitchen Confidential that is still extremely relevant about why you shouldn't open a restaurant unless you know what you're doing. I believed eve the term "enormous fixed costs" is used and he's not wrong.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I like when he belittles women and then calls them a cow or donkey and then the camera zooms in on them and they play a donkey sound effect :jp:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHDyOKh2oKc

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

the dog hotel episode of his hotel show was extremely funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

lol

JakeP posted:

I like when he belittles women and then calls them a cow or donkey and then the camera zooms in on them and they play a donkey sound effect :jp:

he calls the men donkeys and donuts too?

Sheep-Goats posted:

he has zero tolerance for heat in a dish.

that seems to be true tho

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jan 18, 2017

• Locked thread