Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
Too much cussing imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

u sp33k l33t br0
Sep 12, 2007

Who Doesn't Like Intercourse?
Soiled Meat
Not enough cussing imo

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

He's a lot more polite on UK Kitchen Nightmares but the food is just as shocking.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Moridin920 posted:

he calls the men donkeys and donuts too?

I only like it when he belittles women

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Sheep-Goats posted:

If you go on Kitchen Nightmares US it's because you're willing to be embarrassed on tv to get about 15k worth of remodeling done to your restaurant.

Pretty much. It's nice when a business gets turned around, but the ones that fail still get a good deal. Fresh remodel, and then they can sell it off for more than they could get before Ramsay came around to call the staff donkeys for a week.

I like his Hotel Hell series a lot more than US Kitchen Nightmares.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

mng posted:

I like his Hotel Hell series a lot more than US Kitchen Nightmares.

I enjoyed that show but it didn't really feel like a hotel fixing show, more just like Kitchen Nightmares: Hotel restaurants edition, with bonus Gordon showering scenes. I guess occasionally he commented on the room decor and cleanliness but you don't need Gordon to come to tell you to clean up the dead bugs in the room if you want customers.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
anyone who says UK Kitchen Nightmares is better than the US version doesn't understand why Kitchen Nightmares exists

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Oy mate let's eat some baked beans for breakfast

*inserts baked beans can inside rectum*

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
restaurateur pro tip: buy your produce from shaw's and save big bucks!

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
Ramsay studied under Marco Piere White who is arguably worse than he is.
When White realise he'd created a monster and perhaps screaming at people might not be the best way of interaction in a high pressure environment instead of trying to reach out to Ramsay, he told him to gently caress off from the restaurant they were both in.

hot date tonight!
Jan 13, 2009

Slippery Tilde
His scrambled eggs recipe isn't foodsafe unless the eggs are pasteurized

Good chef serving salmonella eggs

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

UK kitchen nightmares is 100% the same as the US version, he just uses his inside voice when he calls someone a bloody donkey shitcunt bollock because the English are generally afraid of loud noises

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

hot date tonight! posted:

Neither were the eggs Rocky slurped down and he defeated communism

Skeleton Ape posted:

UK kitchen nightmares is 100% the same as the US version, he just uses his inside voice when he calls someone a bloody donkey shitcunt bollock because the English are generally afraid of loud noises

Its also way more boring

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

I bet you put a little ring of toilet paper on the seat in public restroom too.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

pants in my pants posted:

I worked in restaurants of varying quality for many years. There is a chapter in Kitchen Confidential that is still extremely relevant about why you shouldn't open a restaurant unless you know what you're doing. I believed eve the term "enormous fixed costs" is used and he's not wrong.

Pretty much, and apart from the massive money sink they are in general, restaurants are generally about "serving people" and the average person (Read, small business owner) has their head so far up their rear end as to be completely unaware of how to please another person.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Nutsngum posted:

Pretty much, and apart from the massive money sink they are in general, restaurants are generally about "serving people" and the average person (Read, small business owner) has their head so far up their rear end as to be completely unaware of how to please another person.

one word: blumpkin

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

JakeP posted:

Its also way more boring

it was hilarious because they'd end on a high note and triumphant music and a quip from gordon, but then after the credits they'd throw a little blurb saying "oh by the way this restaurant closed down like 3 months later"

hot date tonight!
Jan 13, 2009

Slippery Tilde

bongwizzard posted:

I poop in the urinal

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

I poop in the urinal

:same:

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
where's the lamb SAUCE

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

bongwizzard posted:

Fucker i do this in my own goddam toilet let alone a filthy disgusting public toilet what are you freaking nuts

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

it tastes really nice though

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

It's not even very good unless you like your scrambled eggs mushy and wet. It tastes fine but the texture is awful. There's a pleasant middle ground between barely cooked mush and the desert-dry eggs you get at like a golden corral buffet and it's the only right way to scramble an egg.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

yeah I eat rear end posted:

It's not even very good unless you like your scrambled eggs mushy and wet. It tastes fine but the texture is awful. There's a pleasant middle ground between barely cooked mush and the desert-dry eggs you get at like a golden corral buffet and it's the only right way to scramble an egg.

You aint cooking em long enough

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Oberleutnant posted:

You aint cooking em long enough

Look at the video, you can feel the mush through the screen.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
I had to go watch the scrambled egg recipe. Gordon has no loving clue how to make scrambled eggs. Also he manages to burn the toast halfway through.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Look at the video, you can feel the mush through the screen.
make it yourself and cook it till it's the texture you like. They solidify as you cook them. That's how eggs work.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Oberleutnant posted:

make it yourself and cook it till it's the texture you like. They solidify as you cook them. That's how eggs work.

Residual heat, motherfuckers!

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Nobody tell this guy about mousse

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
you cook like old people gently caress

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Oberleutnant posted:

But then you can't honestly say "hey everyone I made the Gordon Ramsay Egg (tm)". He goes out of his way to make them that consistency.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
His scrambled eggs only really work like that if it's just used as a topping on the sourdough bread. If you're not doing it that way, just cook em a bit more to your liking.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
He treats the non-useless wait staff and junior cooks with a lot of respect and sympathy. Certainly more than their employers treat them.

When he insults someone, it's usually because they deserve it.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

spog posted:

He treats the non-useless wait staff and junior cooks with a lot of respect and sympathy. Certainly more than their employers treat them.

When he insults someone, it's usually because they deserve it.

Yeah usually he saves his most brutal verbal beatdowns to the guys calling themselves an "executive chef" when they're caught tossing past-date food in the microwave for every order. If they are willing to listen at all he'll help them, it's only the stubborn arrogant "i'm the head chef!~" assholes that get the donkey treatment (usually).

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
Have tried his scrambled egs, his recipe gives me rear end-blasting diarrhea 2-4 hours after eating. My bowels give me 10 minutes warning to evacuate to a toilet and promise me terrific pain if I dare to hold it in past that. My body basically punishes me for not being able to cook scrambled eggs. Any other egg dish I can do just fine, but I fail at this single task. :smithicide:

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

School Nickname posted:

Have tried his scrambled egs, his recipe gives me rear end-blasting diarrhea 2-4 hours after eating. My bowels give me 10 minutes warning to evacuate to a toilet and promise me terrific pain if I dare to hold it in past that. My body basically punishes me for not being able to cook scrambled eggs. Any other egg dish I can do just fine, but I fail at this single task. :smithicide:

Put some loving eggs and a little butter in a saucepan and push them around with a spatula for 5 minutes.

It's freaking EGGS you god drat jabroni

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

JakeP posted:

anyone who says UK Kitchen Nightmares is better than the US version doesn't understand why Kitchen Nightmares exists
the constant over-the-top music in the US version (basically telling the audience what emotion they're supposed to be feeling at that moment) is extremely grating.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Cook eggs until dry and fluffy and starting to brown a little then top with desired sauce and a dash of cheddar. Perfect, non cummy-eggs.

Ramsey makes the eggs that way to reminisce.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Prettz posted:

the constant over-the-top music in the US version (basically telling the audience what emotion they're supposed to be feeling at that moment) is extremely grating.

Hi, I hope you've enjoyed watching a reality TV show for the first time ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StuntKid
Dec 10, 2003

ultrabindu posted:

Ramsay studied under Marco Piere White who is arguably worse than he is.
When White realise he'd created a monster and perhaps screaming at people might not be the best way of interaction in a high pressure environment instead of trying to reach out to Ramsay, he told him to gently caress off from the restaurant they were both in.
Although I watched a show with Marco Pierre White a few years ago, and he was super calm and happy. If I recall he took some time away from the business to find himself and came back in with a new outlook on people, respect, and the food. He realized he didn't have to yell to make things happen.

• Locked thread