Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
:page3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Arkanomen posted:

Cook eggs until dry and fluffy and starting to brown a little then top with desired sauce and a dash of cheddar. Perfect, non cummy-eggs.

Ramsey makes the eggs that way to reminisce.

Cummy eggs are delicious. What you're suggesting is basically against God's will.

I like the cheddar, though.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The UK version of Kitchen Nightmares is a million times better than the US and lol if anyone thinks otherwise

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Sunny side up is the best egg, followed by a good omelet, you donkeys

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Jimmy Hats posted:

Sunny side up is the best egg

Plus a starch and a little cheap hot sauce. Yarrr. I don't really like Tabasco but the green chile stuff is very tasty at the breakfast table.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Here's Gordon catching puffins out of the air with a net on a dangerous cliffside and killing them and eating them

It's pretty cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a40VeD8YxiU

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
English kitchen nightmares is more subdued probably because the food is more subdued also they're always at like the Prongsmith Arms, in Crowley, West Littonthorpe, Northumberland, in the East Midlands or some poo poo and none of those sound like real places.

"Chaps your food is a bit shite innit?"

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i like his scrambled eggs :yum:

creme fraiche!

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

mng posted:

Cummy eggs are delicious. What you're suggesting is basically against God's will.

I like the cheddar, though.

Buffet style, thick, minimally moist slabs of scrambled unborn chickens that beg for the sweet release of Ketchup, BBQ or Hot sauce are the light infidel. Insallah, may the runny egg eaters heads be dashed upon the rocks.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

pants in my pants posted:

English kitchen nightmares is more subdued probably because the food is more subdued also they're always at like the Prongsmith Arms, in Crowley, West Littonthorpe, Northumberland, in the East Midlands or some poo poo and none of those sound like real places.

ah yeah, good old Northumberland, in the East Midlands

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

i like to do sunny side up eggs, but i hard fry the whites (butter or oil and then high heat) because i like the little crispy edges, instead of the low slow method. thats me eggs story

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

the best scrambled eggs are mixed with a bit of milk so they're like big chunks of omelette

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Oberleutnant posted:

ah yeah, good old Northumberland, in the East Midlands

no one cares about your irrelevant states or provinces or sexes

cnut
May 3, 2016

Senor Dog posted:

no one cares about your irrelevant states or provinces or sexes

How about baronies and shires?

feller
Jul 5, 2006

cnut posted:

How about baronies and shires?

I was trying to limit my post to real words

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Prettz posted:

the best scrambled eggs are mixed with a bit of milk so they're like big chunks of omelette

lol sounds like u make poo poo eggs m8

cnut
May 3, 2016

Senor Dog posted:

I was trying to limit my post to real words

Scunthorpe!

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

cnut posted:

Scunthorpe!

i live in ashby-de-la-zouch

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

big trivia FAIL posted:

i like to do sunny side up eggs, but i hard fry the whites (butter or oil and then high heat) because i like the little crispy edges, instead of the low slow method. thats me eggs story
Same with the crispy bits. That makes us egg criminals tho

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

hot date tonight! posted:

His scrambled eggs recipe isn't foodsafe unless the eggs are pasteurized

Good chef serving salmonella eggs

All eggs are naturally pasteurized by the sterile urine that comes out of chickens butts at the same time the egg does.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

pants in my pants posted:

True but he also has more varied restaurants that he actually has a hope in hell of fixing. The US ones are always family joe's roadside retirement plan where he basically just teaches them how to not microwave everything :(

I went to the Glass House from the first season, after the show. It's like 10 years later now and it's still really good.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Oberleutnant posted:

i live in ashby-de-la-zouch

Slough

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

scrubs season six posted:

All eggs are naturally pasteurized by the sterile urine that comes out of chickens butts at the same time the egg does.

Birds produce uric acid not urine tho

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

hot date tonight! posted:

His scrambled eggs recipe isn't foodsafe unless the eggs are pasteurized

Good chef serving salmonella eggs

I always wondered who the gently caress buys pasteurised eggs.

Now I know.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Prettz posted:

the constant over-the-top music in the US version (basically telling the audience what emotion they're supposed to be feeling at that moment) is extremely grating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdE2VdasvEU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeahDDyFhWY

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIesCd4I4hU

YOURFRIEND
Feb 3, 2009

You're an asshole, Mr. Grinch
You really are a cunt
You're as cuddly as a cockring
and charming being a shitheel

FUCK YOURFRIEND!

yeah I eat rear end posted:

It's not even very good unless you like your scrambled eggs mushy and wet. It tastes fine but the texture is awful. There's a pleasant middle ground between barely cooked mush and the desert-dry eggs you get at like a golden corral buffet and it's the only right way to scramble an egg.

this is how they cook their scrambled eggs in england. learned this the hard way

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Lolie posted:

I always wondered who the gently caress buys pasteurised eggs.

Now I know.

Pasteurised shell eggs don't exist outside the US even. Europe is basically full of salmonella graveyards and a deathrap,beware !

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

StuntKid posted:

Although I watched a show with Marco Pierre White a few years ago, and he was super calm and happy. If I recall he took some time away from the business to find himself and came back in with a new outlook on people, respect, and the food. He realized he didn't have to yell to make things happen.

He's on Australia Masterchef every year and he always comes across as super nice, if tough. Very different from the enfant terrible reputation he has.

That said, the shows are packaged for very different audiences. The US versions of any of them are always more dramatic and contain more conflict. You only have to look at any US reality show to see that's obviously what sells in the US. It's fun comparing how the same celebrity chefs present in shows made for different markets, though.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
If your scrambled eggs aren't at least 50% cheese anyways I don't know what to tell you

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

StuntKid posted:

Although I watched a show with Marco Pierre White a few years ago, and he was super calm and happy. If I recall he took some time away from the business to find himself and came back in with a new outlook on people, respect, and the food. He realized he didn't have to yell to make things happen.

White was a raging rear end in a top hat of a maniac. Mario Batali studied under him, and said that although he was brilliant, he was a total oval office. On his last day with White, White was up Batali's rear end, as was White's style, and it culminated in White throwing a plate at Batali, so Batali (I believe it was in the middle of service), took handfuls of salt and threw them into all of the sauces on the steam table on his way out the door.

It's in the book "Heat," by Bill Buford, which I highly recommend.

Count Freebasie fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jan 19, 2017

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I enjoy watching Gordon get angry.
I also enjoy his recipes. I made his christmas beef wellington and the eggs bendict once and it was bloody delicious mate.

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
If you're scared to eat eggs that aren't cooked until like over hard you probably just shouldn't eat eggs at all. You'll be fine, it's good for the gut flora (probably.)

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I like Alton Brown and I wonder if him and Ramsay are friends or something

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Yelling-rear end Gordon Ramsey isn't even half as intense as a slightly squinty Marco Pierre White

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
The Amy's Bake Shop episode is probably still the greatest episode of reality TV that I've ever seen.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

George H.W. oval office posted:

I like Alton Brown and I wonder if him and Ramsay are friends or something

AB is great but like I ain't taking 6 hours to build some contraption or do x y or z the "real way" that takes 3 days to smoke a chicken or cook some shishkabobs or some poo poo

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Count Freebasie posted:

White was a raging rear end in a top hat of a maniac. Mario Batali studied under him, and said that although he was brilliant, he was a total oval office. On his last day with White, White was up Batali's rear end, as was White's style, and it culminated in White throwing a plate at Batali, so Batali (I believe it was in the middle of service), took handfuls of salt and threw them into all of the sauces on the steam table on his way out the door.

It's in the book "Heat," by Bill Buford, which I highly recommend.

It was a cast iron pan of risotto, I thought?

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I have never been able to sit through an entire episode of kitchen nightmares because I find the reality format really hard to give any serious attention to but I really love the short videos of him yelling at people in chefs whites scraping eggs on a gross grill and find any sort of interaction between Brits and clueless midwestern yanks super amusing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

big trivia FAIL posted:

AB is great but like I ain't taking 6 hours to build some contraption or do x y or z the "real way" that takes 3 days to smoke a chicken or cook some shishkabobs or some poo poo

You ever seen his grilled cheese sandwich video? Alton, you motherfucker, I don't have an hour to build a literal fire in a grill for a goddamn mediocre snack.

• Locked thread