Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Speed Crazy
Nov 7, 2011
I haven't seen anything yet, but I'm really, really hoping to go to the Surprise Midnight tonight. I have tickets for I Don't Feel at Home in this World Anymore later this week.

As for offscreen, Elijah Wood is a really good DJ, and if you have a chance to see Metropolis with a live score from Chrome Canyon, you should definitely go. The little snippet they played last night was real loving cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speed Crazy
Nov 7, 2011
I Don't Feel at Home in this World Anymore was pretty good, and definitely recommended for fans of Jeremy Saulnier. The violence and comedy didn't always hit with the same impact, and I felt like it really should have been shot in the South instead of the PNW (which was Macon Blair's original plan). Melanie Lynskey was great as always, Elijah Wood was funny, and it had a neat, clever script. It comes out on Netflix on Feb 24th, so check it out soon.

I'm about to see The Good Postman, a documentary about a village on the Bulgarian/Turkey border and it's upcoming mayoral election.

Speed Crazy
Nov 7, 2011
So I completely loved The Good Postman. It was beautifully shot and edited, it felt very cinematic and unfolded in a very narrative way. The first half was funny and had some great visual gags, then the second half was very emotional, particularly in the wake of current political actions regarding refugees. And it did that great documentary thing of telling a very personal, intimate story that resonates with much more universal ideas and truths about community, empathy, aging, powerlessness.

• Locked thread