Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the DNC Debate?
Kool Keith
TPP Tom
Donald Trump
Bernie Sanders Would Have Won
View Results

• Locked thread
Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
There's no hope for the Democratic Party is there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'm still looking for the Dead Canadians too Tom....

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

lol

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
My biggest take away from watching half of this is that Jaime Harrison loving sucks

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i'm all in for butt gieg

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

logikv9 posted:

i'm all in for butt gieg

Ellison has been compromised, we need the butt gag

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Howd it go

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
lol if Perez doesn't even get second place in the election

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Pete Buttigieg

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

so was tom "golden boy" perez actually bad in this

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

anywhere i can watch this

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

consumed by normies posted:

anywhere i can watch this

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dnc-debate-livestream_us_587fed6ce4b02c1837e990af

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

so did Perez stumble big time or are the establishment Dems going to circle their wagons around him?

Fallen Hamprince posted:

is there a reason Ellison is the new Chosen One besides being blessed by the sanders
he's also backed by Harry Reid and Chuck Schumer

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

get that OUT of my face posted:

so did Perez stumble big time or are the establishment Dems going to circle their wagons around him?

Perez is a low-energy loser and judging from rumors it sounds like centrists are starting to split their support between him, Buttgieg, and some random woman from Idaho. I don't think there's any major stumble, just people realizing that he's a boring uninspiring candidate that doesn't even seem particularly interested in the job himself.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

HorseRenoir posted:

I don't think there's any major stumble, just people realizing that he's a boring uninspiring candidate that doesn't even seem particularly interested in the job himself.

Sounds like the perfect Democrat then.

I wouldn't be surprised if his heart wasn't into it since he only entered the race after Obama and/or Clinton demanded/begged him to.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

How'd Ellison do?

Buttgeig is well-liked among Indiana Democrats and beyond that I know little of him. He's done fine in South Bend from what I understand. I like that he wants a 50 state strategy but what I really want is somebody who will yell at everybody all the time, including the opposition, using social media to bypass our worthless used up gimp of a fourth estate

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
every single dnc chair candidate says they want a 50 state strategy, because it turns out that promising to rain money on people is the surest route to votes

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Concerned Citizen posted:

every single dnc chair candidate says they want a 50 state strategy, because it turns out that promising to rain money on people is the surest route to votes

That's why I'm mostly worried about the yelling at people and making a public stink smearing opponents is my main concern

It gets carried by the cuck media to all 50 states for free

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Perez didn't do anything crazy, he just comes across like a big weenie with a bunch of pre-written platitudes.

I didn't think Ellison was really great or anything either. He was mainly conciliatory and seemed to be trying to come off as not some big boogie man monster to the Dem establishment/donors. It makes sense since he obviously knows who the voters in the election are. But it would be nice to be able to elaborate on why banning lobbyist money is a positive that outweighs the loss of money instead of saying stuff like 'I just think we should vote on it thats all!' and 'Of course not Unions! I love unions!'. He seems to me like a dude who thinks he is winning and is trying not to gently caress up.

Buttgieg and the woman from Idaho all seem pretty generic and ok to me. I have no idea what they believe about various stuff.

Jehmu Greene's closing comment was a super patronizing and awkward appraisal of what each other candidate should be doing instead of being DNC Chair.

Jamie Harrison is a sentient bag of lobbyist money.

I think there was another guy as well.

That is my review from seeing about one half of it. It was boring and not worth watching.

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Idaho lady saying we learned that voters don't respond to facts gave me the mental image of a room full of people who've lost their homes, don't have clean drinking water, are working 3 part time jobs but can't afford to see a doctor along with some wonk on stage pointing at a chart saying "well it says here all of you are doing great so all of you are factually wrong."

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
No, you see, statistically the people you described are better off on average, and that's what matters.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Well I mean not them specifically, but all of us, on average.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Perez didn't do anything crazy, he just comes across like a big weenie with a bunch of pre-written platitudes.

I didn't think Ellison was really great or anything either. He was mainly conciliatory and seemed to be trying to come off as not some big boogie man monster to the Dem establishment/donors. It makes sense since he obviously knows who the voters in the election are. But it would be nice to be able to elaborate on why banning lobbyist money is a positive that outweighs the loss of money instead of saying stuff like 'I just think we should vote on it thats all!' and 'Of course not Unions! I love unions!'. He seems to me like a dude who thinks he is winning and is trying not to gently caress up.

Buttgieg and the woman from Idaho all seem pretty generic and ok to me. I have no idea what they believe about various stuff.

Jehmu Greene's closing comment was a super patronizing and awkward appraisal of what each other candidate should be doing instead of being DNC Chair.

Jamie Harrison is a sentient bag of lobbyist money.

I think there was another guy as well.

That is my review from seeing about one half of it. It was boring and not worth watching.

I hope DWS was a good lesson in why Harrison should not be the chair. It's nice to have somebody good at raising money around but, holy poo poo, let's not Podesta the party again.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Iron Twinkie posted:

Idaho lady saying we learned that voters don't respond to facts
i'm surprised that there aren't more establishment dems flocking to her after saying this

i read an opinion article saying that ellison and perez didn't impress, but buttigieg did. he wants a 50 state strategy, but then again, so does Michael Blake (DNC vice-chair candidate)

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

i'm surprised that there aren't more establishment dems flocking to her after saying this

i read an opinion article saying that ellison and perez didn't impress, but buttigieg did. he wants a 50 state strategy, but then again, so does Michael Blake (DNC vice-chair candidate)

The frightening thing is that were are better informed than a large part of america by virtue of reading this subforum. How many people do you know are keeping an eye on this election? How many still even know about the other candidates beyond perez and ellison?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I'm in favor of a 50 state strategy in which all 50 states raise money that is then sent to the Clinton campaign for them to blow on ads in Arizona.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Agean90 posted:

How many still even know about the other candidates beyond perez and ellison?
i knew of only those two until my friend told me about buttigieg a couple weeks ago, and i'm one of these "better educated" voters

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Agean90 posted:

The frightening thing is that were are better informed than a large part of america by virtue of reading this subforum. How many people do you know are keeping an eye on this election? How many still even know about the other candidates beyond perez and ellison?

It's not exactly relevant to most people.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

I'm still wondering how the DNC has had no literal accountability for funding

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

all that money spend on the campaign sure paid off

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

I'm still wondering how the DNC has had no literal accountability for funding

Money and how the DNC is going to get it is a big issue in the campaign even though no one can see how much they need and what they're using it on.

How the gently caress can everyone be okay with this

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

getting ellison in looks like it'll be the easy part. the entrenched attitudes of both donors and political operatives in the DNC is going to be the long battle. it's very well reflected in that quote by the original "50 State Strategy" man, Howard Dean- the one where he said that people in West Virginia won't contribute to the "new economy"

they'll first need to run candidates in state districts that are abandoned by democrats all the time. there was a race in an Oklahoma district encompassing south Tulsa that had its first Democratic challenger in over 15 years. she didn't win, but we need more people like that

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
edit: wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

getting ellison in looks like it'll be the easy part. the entrenched attitudes of both donors and political operatives in the DNC is going to be the long battle. it's very well reflected in that quote by the original "50 State Strategy" man, Howard Dean- the one where he said that people in West Virginia won't contribute to the "new economy"

they'll first need to run candidates in state districts that are abandoned by democrats all the time. there was a race in an Oklahoma district encompassing south Tulsa that had its first Democratic challenger in over 15 years. she didn't win, but we need more people like that

that also goes for leadership positions in the state parties as well

alabama might be red as hell but it still gets two votes in the national DNC just like every other state

• Locked thread