Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

hello my name is deviant sexfiend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Aurora posted:

hello my name is deviant sexfiend

Sounds like you've just made a request of our fair moderator, my friend

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

matoi would never do me like that

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
deviant sexfriend

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
hello i'm here for the handwringing

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Welcome would you like the hunched over handwringing or the pacing handwringing?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Sometimes media we like has gross things in and it's important that we distinguish between the parts of a thing we find gross and not ignore them just because they're tied to a thing we find resonant or good

And sometimes we're lucky and we get spinoff manga that focuses more specifically on the parts we like, yay Kanna

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

Sounds like you've just made a request of our fair moderator, my friend

:colbert:

Aurora posted:

matoi would never do me like that

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

ok I watched it

the scene with tohru and koba on the bridge near the end was really loving cute

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I read the manga and I feel people overstate how terrible Iruru is. I was expecting truly worse things.

Also Asians are really loving short people, please don't size-shame.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

There's a difference between being short and being 3 foot tall with tits that make up 50% of your total body mass.

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.
Iruru's design is bad but it isn't uniquely bad. Seriously, she's not that short. Cool doesn't seem to care much about consistent heights and perspective but she seems to be a few inches taller than Kanna. That would make Iruru about 4 foot 10, assuming Kanna is about average height for a 10 year old, which is short but not abnormally so. As for her breasts, she's no worse than Lucoa in that regard so as I said, bad but not uniquely so.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The artists for the spinoffs invariably moderate Iruru's design so she's taller and less ridiculous.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
It is bad, but it's not really so bad that I'd tell someone that enjoyed Maid Dragon TV to not read the manga.

There's scenes in the anime too that put off some people as it is.

Like the Kanna/Saikawa scenes.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
From the dude's pixiv:

Dude's just lazy when drawing the manga, when he does standalone artworks and bothers to stick to model she looks much more normal.

Also her default outfit is horribly unflattering.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I don't really care for Kyoushinja's actual art, tbh. The Kanna spinoff is clearly trying to ape the look of the show and I wind up liking it much better for it. Iruru's brief appearance has her look/act much more like Kobayashi's dropout friend who crashes on the couch occasionally as opposed to what I remember of the manga having her look like an evil mutant Kanna.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
That's just following the manga though. She's even working a part-time job at a candy store for extra school dropout vibes.

• Locked thread