Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

She does have the power to cow apocalypse grade dragons with her drunken rants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Watching an apocalyptic world-destroying all-powerful dragon get owned by drunken maid otakus is honestly my favorite part of the show

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

my favorite Love Live fanartist drew some Maid Dragon!

https://twitter.com/mezashiozsn/status/826815020696637440

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Very Good

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

This show is just so great. Gay Dragon Family is The Best, Fafnir is The Best, Kanna is The Best, Saikawa is The Best, Dodgeball is The Best.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
looking forward to more saikawa than in the manga thanks to kyoani-original content. 4head3me

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Zettace posted:

...the gently caress?

There's a few really uncomfortable things that the manga does that I REALLLLLY hope the anime doesn't do.

There's one involving Kanna, one involving Lucoa, and the one mentioned above.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if the ones involving Kanna and Lucoa make it in given how fast we are going through the material and who shows up in the OP.

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012
Episode was extremely powerful thanks to Kanna.

It's nice how this show continues to have so much heart to it that it doesn't really matter if you have read the manga. All the little additions make this such a joy to watch.

It's interesting how much more I enjoy this than Gabriel Dropout. After reading the manga for that the anime just feels stale to me.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

:same:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

riko is highly bulliable

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Her forehead is delightfully shiny

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Zernach posted:

It's interesting how much more I enjoy this than Gabriel Dropout. After reading the manga for that the anime just feels stale to me.

it's because it is stale garbage from 2008 just with a modern paint job

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

There is room in my heart for both shows.

MaiDragon is head-and-shoulders better tho

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Spiritus Nox posted:

There is room in my heart for both shows.

MaiDragon is head-and-shoulders better tho

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Saikawa's so adorable and adorably stupid! :allears:

Also I am totally down for more dragon dodgeball.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

ViggyNash posted:

Saikawa's so adorable and adorably stupid! :allears:

Also I am totally down for more dragon dodgeball.

Dragon dodgeball... dragonball?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

all the dragons and their friends are super cute

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Fafnir is lowkey pretty great.

"What happened?"
"A duel!"
"I'll kill them."

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

This show's wicked.

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

Butler dragon not getting a verse and a cute little dance in the ending song is unforgivable misandry.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I actually teared up at one point because this show is so loving cute god drat

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Beasteh posted:

Kobayashi and Tohru doting on Kanna just loving slays me.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Beasteh posted:

Was it when Kanna put the bunny keychain back instead of asking for it? Because that was the part that warmed my heart the most. :kimchi:

Or, was is this?

Lucoa's power is truly overwhelming.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

It was the part where Kanna fake-cries and says she wants to be friends

Very :syoon:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Dragons like to hoard treasure and friends are the greatest treasure of all. :smaug:

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Command Ant posted:

Was it when Kanna put the bunny keychain back instead of asking for it? Because that was the part that warmed my heart the most. :kimchi:

Or, was is this?

Lucoa's power is truly overwhelming.

They made him both enamored and terrified at the same time, and it's amazing

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

The ending song is so goddamn catchy holy poo poo

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
I like to think that Lucoa didn't alter Saikawa's memories, but the only effect was the latter's precocious crush on Kanna got even bigger.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

This show's wicked.
It is :kimchi:

AnacondaHL posted:

The ending song is so goddamn catchy holy poo poo
I love both the OP and EP. I feel like most OPs and EDs (at least for shows I watch) have gotten so good in the past ... year and a half that I cannot skip them. I always used to skip them (except Working!!), but now they're just too cute/good/powerful to skip.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Kanna continues to be a terrible dragon by not immediately obliterating any who dare oppose her. At least she has excellent role models like Tohru to teach her the true way.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED
I'm really pleased with the quality of this show. They could have :effort:-ed their way through adapting what is basically a gag manga and probably still had a decently funny show purely based on the source material. Instead they gave a poo poo and put in a lot of subtle touches (particularly with sound) that really make it stand on its own.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Che Delilas posted:

I'm really pleased with the quality of this show. They could have :effort:-ed their way through adapting what is basically a gag manga and probably still had a decently funny show purely based on the source material. Instead they gave a poo poo and put in a lot of subtle touches (particularly with sound) that really make it stand on its own.

KyoAni and :effort: don't really mix. Even their random nonsense is lovingly animated in ways other studios only dream of doing.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I just love how what started out as a joke manga turned into a happy gay anime of a gay couple getting their gay dragon child ready for school. It's just so adorable.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Man, geometry is complicated.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The name tag bit was not even 30 seconds long and the best part of the entire series so far.

I don't think there is any reason at all to still be worried about this adaptation, especially considering half the episode was entirely new.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Che Delilas posted:

improving on source material is pretty much kyoani's thing, there are very few adaptations from them that aren't a straight improvement on what they're adapting, even if it's pretty good to begin with

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Not only was this adorable the bit in the uniform store where a lesson on how humans often fear and hurt things that are different is given by a woman who at the most conservative reading is still a single maid otaku who's raising a kid that isn't hers with the help of her very odd friends was actually legit sweet.

I love this dumb gay Dragon show. I never heard of the manga before but now I need to get it too.

Comrade Kirov
Sep 12, 2012

Gay dragon show is great, I enjoy the amazing fantasy elements of it like:

350$ kid backpack.
:shepspends:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Comrade Kirov posted:

Gay dragon show is great, I enjoy the amazing fantasy elements of it like:

350$ kid backpack.
:shepspends:

Maybe Tohru's facts aren't actually alternative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

This show is just the sweetest thing and I adore it. :3:

That said, every time I see Lucoa I can't help but think that they're really too big.

• Locked thread