Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the dub is extreme aids and her comments on it are extremely bad but also please don't go to her twitter just to yell at her about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Yeah let's shut the gently caress up about this. You're all making Kanna cry! :mad:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

devtesla posted:

The next person who posts twitter drama will be eaten by dragons dowagons.

z0glin Warchief posted:

Calling people babies (for some up-til-then-at-least very minor pushback) is pretty friggen unprofessional though, I don't even have a dog in this fight and that immediately flipped my "wow gently caress you" switch. This is hardly the place to talk about it though.

Seems like a pretty relatable situation for a Tokyo office worker :smith:
I didn't click any of the links. Was it that bad? I only saw the "and I wish then well" pic. (Unless more was linked and I just don't remember. That'd be ... in character.)

As has been said,

devtesla posted:

Please don't badger specific Funimation employees
I don't think anyone here would, but, you never know. Last time I assumed that things ended ... badly.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Negrostrike posted:

Yeah let's shut the gently caress up about this. You're all making Kanna cry! :mad:

Aw poo poo nooo, I was composing my post when this was posted.

I'm sorry kanna :(

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Negrostrike posted:

good, die fuckre. Childfree forever

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm sure the dub will add "but I'm not gay" after every line of Kobayashi's speech this episode about people being afraid of people who are different from them.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
The dub will have Kanna state her last name as Not-Kobayashi to her classmates to squelch any idea she might be considered to have been adopted.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Countblanc posted:

good, die fuckre. Childfree forever

Don't you ever come near my daughter again

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Twintail day!

https://twitter.com/full_atsushi/status/826815674861301760

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

But that's a tri-tail?

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

It really is the case, and I think "captive market" may be the operative term.

Zoglin may be better poised to explain, but it's a thing. Often, grandparents will buy the backpack for the kid and see it as a way to dote upon them.

(From what I know)

E: You know, I don't even know where I got that from or why I think I know it.

Take it with a grain of salt.

Probably from here:

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2014/04/29/zooey-deschanels-trendy-new-bag-makes-her-look-like-she-mugged-a-japanese-grade-schooler/

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Zoey Deschanel is cute, but I don't happen to watch anything with her in it.

So probably not?

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Zoey Deschanel is cute, but I don't happen to watch anything with her in it.

So probably not?

Fair enough.

Independent of wherever you got the information... the article itself goes into more detail regarding their prices and a few other interesting cultural details (in case anyone else is interested in reading more about it).

Comrade Kirov
Sep 12, 2012

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

el dorito posted:

Fair enough.

Independent of wherever you got the information... the article itself goes into more detail regarding their prices and a few other interesting cultural details (in case anyone else is interested in reading more about it).

I'll read it after work. Sounds interesting.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > ADTRW > Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid - just gals bein' pals

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

StrixNebulosa posted:

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid is the latest Kyoani show. It's based off of a cute gag manga about three friends. To save money, they all live together in one apartment.

They are good friends, and it's super, super charming. :3:

PV here.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
just gays bein pays

hambeef
Aug 21, 2004

this guy sucks

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

hambeef posted:

this guy sucks

Motherfucker kept interrupting Riko's introduction! :argh:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Smugboy was just trying to help.

hambeef
Aug 21, 2004

garfield lookin mother fucker

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Little bastard looks like he walked out of a Digimon episode.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
digimaid, digital maidragons

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

Motto posted:

Hopefully doesn't need to be said, but please don't badger individual employees

What about dragoning them?

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
this is the second ep ive rewatched in the same week (now day) when i often don't make it all the way through even the shows i like

it's so good aaaaaaah

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

The Sandman posted:

What about dragoning dowagoning them?

E: alternatively, dwagoning.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Really the only thing bugging me about the line change is that culture is in enough of a precarious position that people are really sensitive to things that can be construed as anti-LGBT in any possible sense. poo poo's kinda touch and go right now and that might explain the reaction.

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.

The Sandman posted:

What about dragoning them?

As long as by dragoning you mean this

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Pollyanna posted:

Really the only thing bugging me about the line change is that culture is in enough of a precarious position that people are really sensitive to things that can be construed as anti-LGBT in any possible sense. poo poo's kinda touch and go right now and that might explain the reaction.

i mean. it's changing a line from something really innocuous to something that completely changes the context of everything, in a really bad way, that kind of ruins a part of the show people like and lots of lgbt people i've seen connect with. that's why people are mad.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

hambeef posted:

this guy sucks

That's tachibana's little bro

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The Colonel posted:

i mean. it's changing a line from something really innocuous to something that completely changes the context of everything, in a really bad way, that kind of ruins a part of the show people like and lots of lgbt people i've seen connect with. that's why people are mad.

The dub writer's defensive stance made the twitter drama a lot worse than it needed to be, too. "I'm sorry people were hurt by the decision, I'll try to do better" would have defused things pretty well, "this is the obvious right way to read the character you dumb babies" ruined a decent chance to let people assume the best intentions.

But whatever. I didn't even care that much for the dub anyway.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Let this be a lesson to anyone who espouses the virtues of dubs.

Dubs hate gay people.

I think this argument is finished.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
this is the real reason symphogear will never get a dub

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Ah, so clearly the dub needs to reveal that Tohru and Kobayashi are distant cousins.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The Colonel posted:

symphogear...dub

HSSSSSSSSSS!!!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I somehow missed that the human girl with the fivehead has a straight up spotlight reflection coming off it when I first watched. She better be a reoccurring character since she's in the opening and all because she's the best human not named Kobayashi

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I somehow missed that the human girl with the fivehead has a straight up spotlight reflection coming off it when I first watched. She better be a reoccurring character since she's in the opening and all because she's the best human not named Kobayashi

She is.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Tatum Girlparts posted:

"You stand out too much!" *20th Century Fox Intro Plays*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

DisDisDis posted:

this is the second ep ive rewatched in the same week (now day) when i often don't make it all the way through even the shows i like

it's so good aaaaaaah

it's: this

• Locked thread