Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005
It may be simple sounding, but the only way I could see any countries that have them getting into a nuclear exchange...is some sort of global ecological collapse that puts pressure on countries to invade others that happen to be protected by mutual defense treaties.

Donald Trump is not going to push the proverbial button just because some State actor breaks our balls. I mean, he's a herb, but give him some credit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

DeusExMachinima posted:

Climate change is not by any reasonable projection an existential threat to humanity. It can if left unchecked potentially kill 10+% of the population and radically alter the ecosystem in numerous ways, but not literally destroy humanity. As for the nukes since we've got Trump and Putin currently slamming their dicks together and China being our major trading partner I think we're fine at least for now.

It always amuses me that we have choked so thoroughly on our own hubris that we automatically default to the belief that our modern society construct is robust when it is, in fact, anything but.

It also amuses me that we have choked so thoroughly on our own hubris that we believe we are fundamentally disconnected from the ecology.

I don't even want to see that wake up call, but man would it be a rude..and spectacular..spectacle to behold.

• Locked thread