Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
But ICR, steam says you haven't logged in since Xmas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Whoa, that;s a pretty big revamp. I'm gonna log back in and try my favorite boy Loki again.
Last time I left he was an invincible gently caress machine.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Toshimo posted:

But ICR, steam says you haven't logged in since Xmas.

Sun god logged in three or four days ago

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

MMAgCh posted:

Hordes of Rogues sucking powers out of everybody in sight in the hubs. This is pretty hilarious.

I'm one of those Rogues myself.

Did Rogue get her permanent "power wardrobe", then?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Inzombiac posted:

Whoa, that;s a pretty big revamp. I'm gonna log back in and try my favorite boy Loki again.
Last time I left he was an invincible gently caress machine.
Loki has like an entire third spec now.

Just the changes to his illusions build are ridiculous - the illusion bomb now has two different versions and neither of them kill your illusions.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Jedit posted:

Did Rogue get her permanent "power wardrobe", then?

Yes you can right click on her steal powers and see a list of them, with those you haven't stolen yet greyed out.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Blockhouse posted:

what happened to spider-man???

I dunno if it's with the latest change or not but all of his powers seem super wimpy. Like, it doesn't matter how much damage they do they just look anemic. If I'm gonna sit there and punch, at least keep the cool punch animations that it used to have.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Oh joy, power cut off while the update was installing last night and now I get to download it again

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
Somebody reinvite Cuchulain when they get the chance, I wanna see how the update plays.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Overminty posted:

Yes you can right click on her steal powers and see a list of them, with those you haven't stolen yet greyed out.
They're still not saved on a per-power spec basis though, so apart from the three talent choices in her right tree specs do nothing for her at this time. But hey, it's a start!

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Still mostly playing Orcs Must Die: Unchained but diligently downloading the patch on my slow-rear end DSL.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Lozareth posted:

Still mostly playing Orcs Must Die: Unchained but diligently downloading the patch on my slow-rear end DSL.

Don't worry, by the time the auth server is back online it's time for the heat death of the universe

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Cuchulain posted:

Somebody reinvite Cuchulain when they get the chance, I wanna see how the update plays.

Invited

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Game is very strange now. Seems like a lot of characters lost a lot of powers to be honest but I suppose having all of your powers and not having to worry about ranks is nice.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The talent system really feels like what they should have done to begin with

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

randombattle posted:

Game is very strange now. Seems like a lot of characters lost a lot of powers to be honest but I suppose having all of your powers and not having to worry about ranks is nice.

I'm looking forward to only having one action bar on Rocket.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Cuchulain posted:

I'm looking forward to only having one action bar on Rocket.

Yeah maybe people like doctor strange are actually playable with out 90 hotkeys.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Blockhouse posted:

The talent system really feels like what they should have done to begin with

It's exactly what Blizzard replaced talent trees in WOW with.

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

Is Star Lord tippy tops now?

Actually scratch that question, IS NIGHTCRAWLER?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

randombattle posted:

Yeah maybe people like doctor strange are actually playable with out 90 hotkeys.
I was playing him with only one bar before the patch. It was perfectly fine.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Logged in this morning, Deadpool still fun. That's all I needed.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

yay this game exists again

work til noon pst today then i will be excited to play this dumb game again

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Ghostlight posted:

Loki has like an entire third spec now.

Just the changes to his illusions build are ridiculous - the illusion bomb now has two different versions and neither of them kill your illusions.

Loki is super cool but his stuff is really complicated now. Or I'm too dumb to really get it, either is totally possible.

Like a bunch of his powers are enchantments that modify other powers except then you can talent to turn those enchantments into other enchantments and make powers take advantage of different enchantments and then there's a power that spends enchantments to do more damage and a sword and illusions and a bunch of sorcery powers. I can't figure out if you're supposed to focus on one enchantment type or try to get as many as possible into your rotation or what.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Jedit posted:

It's exactly what Blizzard replaced talent trees in WOW with.

I think it would have been better if they'd just straight up copied Diablo 3's Runes & Passive system, but I've never played WOW, so that might be better. :shrug:

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
This sounds fun and good, I'll actually try logging in for more than 2 minutes before I get scared off by all the random poo poo in my inventory.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!
Didn't have this on radar. Quit last year sometime with a measly 1000 hrs played.

I'm curious though, I quit when it looked like gaz was downsizing staff and drip feeding content from a mortal shrinking player base wound. How did they manage a huge overhaul with less staff or has there been some turnaround?

I want to believe so badly this game was my poo poo.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Yep, Iron Man micro missile spam is still amazing and all I need.

Kowak
Jan 1, 2007

I've been logging in for the bonuses but haven't really been playing. I think the biggest shock for me is that Punisher is in the recommended starting heroes now.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

GarudaPrime posted:

Didn't have this on radar. Quit last year sometime with a measly 1000 hrs played.

I'm curious though, I quit when it looked like gaz was downsizing staff and drip feeding content from a mortal shrinking player base wound. How did they manage a huge overhaul with less staff or has there been some turnaround?

I want to believe so badly this game was my poo poo.

well they did basically nothing but work on this massive update for the last 6 months or longer

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

How long do you think before they add new content? Serious question

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Probably after the uniques are gone

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Think am still a little burnout of this, logged in yesterday, fiddled with the inventory ....got bored and went back to PoE :s

I'll check it out more in the weekend or when the other update happens :|

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Logged in, kicked me out and now won't let me log back in again.

What is the thing people do in this game now? Whatever the daily event is? Danger room stuff?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

PaybackJack posted:

Logged in, kicked me out and now won't let me log back in again.

Auth server or the node before their game server is down/ddosed/hosed

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Lozareth posted:

Thank you. I need your guides for top tier ttks I can aspire to but never hit.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
I can't fit my quick move on the bars of Punisher or SW without either losing DPS or a massive utility spell

Welp

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Summoner Ultron isn't as messed up as I expected it to be. I can't quite walk away and let robots kill Midtown dudes for a few minutes like I used to, but it's alright. Biggest bummer is that intelligence is no longer linked to ally damage so a bunch of the gear that I have is good for speeding up medpack usage and that's about it.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Anals of History posted:

Summoner Ultron isn't as messed up as I expected it to be. I can't quite walk away and let robots kill Midtown dudes for a few minutes like I used to, but it's alright. Biggest bummer is that intelligence is no longer linked to ally damage so a bunch of the gear that I have is good for speeding up medpack usage and that's about it.

As a previous Summoner Doom player, what do I do now?

El Cid
Mar 17, 2005

What good is power when you're too wise to use it?
Grimey Drawer
poo poo, and just as I thought I was escaping the clutches of the action rpg binge I've been on since Diablo season 9 started. Oh well, time to level one of the many many many level 1 characters I have from BOGO sales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

PaybackJack posted:

As a previous Summoner Doom player, what do I do now?

That's a good question. I switched to Ultron after Doom got messed with. No idea how Doom plays yet. All I can say for certain is that you shouldn't bother with Heroic or Cosmic with a summoner 'til the new items start dropping.