Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Server's are down, aren't they?

Come home from work, ready for a weekend of playing, and then I can't log in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

On summoners do primary attributes increase pet damage? I played squirrel girl last night and the tooltip on her first trait didnt mention it.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Anals of History posted:

That's a good question. I switched to Ultron after Doom got messed with. No idea how Doom plays yet. All I can say for certain is that you shouldn't bother with Heroic or Cosmic with a summoner 'til the new items start dropping.

My Doom is cosmic level 40s.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Do I have to change my gear for Emma Frost?

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Anals of History posted:

Summoner Ultron isn't as messed up as I expected it to be. I can't quite walk away and let robots kill Midtown dudes for a few minutes like I used to, but it's alright. Biggest bummer is that intelligence is no longer linked to ally damage so a bunch of the gear that I have is good for speeding up medpack usage and that's about it.

I have to change a lot of gear on people or redo the challenge bonuses because that stat no longer helps them

Kind of lovely but ok

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Was anyone using a gamepad to play this before the patch? Sounds like the gamepad controls have been improved and that's something that appeals to me now.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Is Squirrel Girl good yet?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Datasmurf posted:

Server's are down, aren't they?

Working better now.

new costume catalysts can have xp on them :o

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

The thing that kept me from coming back after a while was that every time I logged in after a short break, the loving gear system changed too much to catch up with. Is that going to be a problem now?

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Nehru the Damaja posted:

The thing that kept me from coming back after a while was that every time I logged in after a short break, the loving gear system changed too much to catch up with. Is that going to be a problem now?

Yes

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Just wait until the omega gear system is in. Then you can be on the same level as everyone as we all get new gear

Lywinis
Nov 5, 2007

I can bench more than you.

PaybackJack posted:

Was anyone using a gamepad to play this before the patch? Sounds like the gamepad controls have been improved and that's something that appeals to me now.

I was, and it's a little more intuitive for me to run with a gamepad now (hands are poo poo with mouse and keyboard, this stops the strain on my fingers). The autolock button -- RB on the Xbox controller I use -- is poo poo and I had to turn it off. It used to lock onto the boss whilst I was facing them, now it locks onto every enemy and I can't swap. It's a little irritating, because I could just lock onto an enemy boss and go to town with ranged characters but now I'm having to rethink positioning every 2 seconds.

But if you like that, then there's something there for you. Autolock is terrible imo.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine
who has the best TTE

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

Jusupov posted:

Probably after the uniques are gone

Are they removing uniques we already have or what

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

no they just won't drop anymore

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

Oh, awesome.

Can't wait to convince people that The Doomsaw is BIS on everyone and sorry, it's unobtainable now.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

HUMAN FISH posted:

who has the best TTE

Please get this disgusting inside joke meme talk out of here, you'll scare away the new players!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Get it?!

Because yesterday.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I tried Hawkeye last night but I couldn't get her dash to work. It was just perpetually greyed out.

Rip Alan Alda you'll never be Thick Tier in this game.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Degs posted:

Oh, awesome.

Can't wait to convince people that The Doomsaw is BIS on everyone and sorry, it's unobtainable now.

Gib is already doing that

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Namaer posted:

On summoners do primary attributes increase pet damage? I played squirrel girl last night and the tooltip on her first trait didnt mention it.

No, there is currently nothing mentioned from the devs or any hints as to what they plan to do for summon damage in the future.

Also in comedy
http://steamcommunity.com/app/226320/reviews/?browsefilter=mostrecent&snr=1_5_reviews_&p=1&filterLanguage=all#scrollTop=0
The only thing similar to this is when Skyrim announced that they wanted to have premium mods

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The game only ever had one build per hero before too, with an exception or two.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
int useless on squirrel girl

cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
someone explain how I advance in the new patch

I was going to get a lvl 60 character then work on getting cosmic gear + omega points. am i missing anything

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
uhhh, what? why are they removing uniques? that sounds like an odd choice

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Luceid posted:

think of how many hours you will have to play to replace them though. thats their new content

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

by changing the color of the item from brown to teal or red or whatever, it adds hundreds of hours of content as you have to gear up all 3 characters you care about again.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I AM THE MOON posted:

by changing the color of the item from brown to teal or red or whatever, it adds hundreds of hours of content as you have to gear up all 3 characters you care about again.
What if their update/reworks made me hate them though

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Luceid posted:

One of the reasons that they gave is that between the artwork and putting affixes on the unique, it would take the dev team AN ENTIRE WEEK to create a set of uniques for a single character.

edit: Like they would spend an entire week lovingly hand crafting their uniques and a bunch of them still ended up with tenacity on them.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

I AM THE MOON posted:

think of how many hours you will have to play to replace them though. thats their new content

christ, you just have to love the drat product! cheers!

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

What if their update/reworks made me hate them though

then your free, likem e

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I AM THE MOON posted:

then your free, likem e

*takes some free moon*

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

the problem i had is that i logged in last night and i clicked through my roster and i saw the new talents and infinity system and i was paralyzed by indecision.

i feel like i'd be better off prestiging one of my characters or buying a new one entirely and just having a 'fresh' experience.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I'm really digging all the perma or near perma sig options in the new system. Juggernaut can charge nearly indefinitely, I have like 1-2 seconds of downtime for dark phoenix, flamethrower as a spender for Big Pun, Nova isn't quite there but you can get down to one or two regular rotations before his sig comes off cooldown, star-lord and hulk can both build up two charges on their already 25s cooldown sigs...it's badass

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Good news all, turns out all it took was deleting Spirit to make Moon Knight feel good to play. Added bonus, 25/100 core/catalyst gives you Tribute now which means more frequent invulnerability+super-damage windows.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
Spider-Man is rather wank now. Or maybe it's because they balanced cosmic stuff to how you'll play the game in 6 months and decided the true challenge isn't falling asleep as you take minutes to beat up Taskmaster.

Also anyone who defends the movement changes as better or fun is a oval office.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Mr. Knight didn't play very well on the controller but Hulk did. I think they should have gotten rid of targeting all together though because auto-target lock is just as annoying as regular target lock.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

Luceid posted:

You're in luck, they made a dev blog about the change:

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/297221/dev-blog-2-items/p1

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Giedroyc posted:

Spider-Man is rather wank now. Or maybe it's because they balanced cosmic stuff to how you'll play the game in 6 months and decided the true challenge isn't falling asleep as you take minutes to beat up Taskmaster.

Also anyone who defends the movement changes as better or fun is a oval office.

I think half the people defending the movement changes actually think Gaz is going to create content centered around it, and a lot of those people think that Gaz fulfilled their promise when they changed a couple of boss fights this patch. Too bad they map design or bother with mob density/skills/aggro radius which is needed for when you make a change like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I actually do see the logic behind the movement change and I largely agree with their top level goals. I didn't find it very hard to adjust to the new system.

That said, the entire change hinges on them doing the follow through and actually adjusting the game to make it so that bosses and endgame content are less lovely, all of our loot doesn't come from doing laps in enormous patrol zones, and major iteration on enemy density and having some kind of reward for not just zipping past "popcorn" enemies.

They have absolutely failed to materialize anything on the latter portion of this equation so far.