Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
Oh boy, I sure do love taking my fully survival specced Hulk into a Shocker terminal and getting one or two shot by a random cosmic Maggia. Seriously, whose idea was it to release the difficulties tuned for items which do not exist in game yet?

Let's not even mention that literally all of the gear that drops pre-level cap is so intensely boring as to be a cure for insomnia. None of the loot matters and you can't even just speed through the zones to skip it anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

lol at everyone who got tricked into logging in

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Theoretically once the omega update drops all of the blue-purple-yellow leveling equipment will be very different, since they will be driven off the same system as the new omega items and will benefit from the reworking of affix pools and reviews to roll ranges, etc. I don't know if that will make them "interesting" but it could slightly help their current lethally boring status somewhat.

Like a lot of other things we're in a kind of awkward limbo situation between two halves of a major rework, and currently some stuff has been knocked down with a wrecking ball and not yet really rebuilt.

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
Does this game still have like seven thousand discrete item slots per character?

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Whoooooole lotta people in this thread need to :gitgud:

Celebrity Ghost
Sep 26, 2007

It looks like they added 2 more slots, though it's largely cosmetic: one to hold your costume core, one to hold a 'flourish' item (I got a Spider-man spotlight from a chest of some kind).

With the Omega system changed, it appears I can no longer make a triple big Juggernaut. 0/10

(The new loot system looks kind of neat and I'm enjoying that they basically looked at Diablo 3 and said "hey that game's itemization s actually fun still".)

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Degs posted:

Is Star Lord tippy tops now?

Actually scratch that question, IS NIGHTCRAWLER?

I tried out Star Lord with a grenade build, he seems to work just fine.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Also, almost all summon builds are complete poo poo right now and you should do something else.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
As opposed to the past Literally Always

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
I want to die.

I always want to die, but I especially want to die right now.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Sdoots posted:

I want to die.

I always want to die, but I especially want to die right now.

Is this about trump or movement powers

Kenby
Apr 26, 2012

I'm enjoying being constantly minion-blocked in cosmics while waiting for my dash to recharge. And the little mount-up cast to use your flying skill is excellent.

If there's one thing I hate in my content-devoid-superhero- loot-grinder games, it's snappy, responsive abilities. Thanks for addressing that gaz.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

Jusupov posted:

Is this about trump or movement powers

Both, really.

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

Honestly, I think all these systems and the omega items are probably how the game should have been built a while ago.

Kinda hoping this means new content, items and characters are easier to make.

For now, though ???

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Every time I see a new big update I get suckered into redownloading this game, will I be again?

Probably.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Man, everyone's so pessimistic right off the bat.

Here's my cosmic-capable Loki illusions build

Basically this plays like the old illusions build, except I've forsaken Enthrall for more interesting options - again, the core of the build is just whacking people with a staff while blowing Ruin every time it's up, but now you have a bunch of other options for your slots and you no longer lose Illusions to anything other than duration. Hardlight Spikes directly increases the damage taken from your illusions, so we want that, and we may as well take Otherworldly Blast to feed back into it. Signature, and movement, of course - I've chosen to enhance mine to Cold Snap because with all the illusions up you can afford to just get the gently caress away from mobs to recover rather than rely on 2 seconds of stealth, and it affords more aoe when you're in the fray. Finally, Arcane/Infernal Binding for CC, and Asgardian Light because I had more bar apace - I originally took Spirits of the Dead because it looks cool, but swapped as AL offers another CC option, health regen, and my summon talent choices meant I had 20% Light boost with no Darkness boost.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Saint Freak posted:

As opposed to the past Literally Always

Doom and Iceman had great summon builds. Magik wasn't awful either.

Does anyone run MH on an ultrawide monitor? I upgraded since the last time I did any playing. Set it up for 3440x1440 the first time by loving in the inis, but when I reloaded again it was stretched wider than feeder fetish Rogue.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Ghostlight posted:

Here's my cosmic-capable Loki illusions build

nice, good to see something summon oriented is working out well

ZodiakLucien
Jul 27, 2013
I'm going to give it a couple months before retrying the game, I stopped playing right before Magik was released for reference.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
Well I'm just glad I got every red 60 and 9000 achievement points before this. They can fix it but releasing something when a large part of what balances the content isn't going to be out for some time is just stupid.

I know most of this thread's barely logged in for months, but I've been playing it a lot lately and compared to a couple of days ago it's just a bit of a mess right now. Some heroes seem to be changed for the better but others... I mean the P3 massive can't be happy.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

Yeah it wouldn't make much sense to make sure all the heroes' new skills and talents work correctly and are mostly balanced before introducing items that enhance or modify those skills.

madcow fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jan 21, 2017

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
how do i get force move back? I reset my keybinds and its gone. I need to be able to move holding down spacebar.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Ghostlight posted:

goons default to just whining about poo poo and also care about ~their items~

bummed to find out that omega items aren't out yet. items that aren't just stat sticks are gonna do a lot for this game, it also allows them to add to old characters over time without doing an entire rework.

do uniques still drop at least?

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Mover posted:

I'm really digging all the perma or near perma sig options in the new system. Juggernaut can charge nearly indefinitely, I have like 1-2 seconds of downtime for dark phoenix, flamethrower as a spender for Big Pun, Nova isn't quite there but you can get down to one or two regular rotations before his sig comes off cooldown, star-lord and hulk can both build up two charges on their already 25s cooldown sigs...it's badass

100% uptime for all three tempests is possible on storm as well. Will be even better when freezing tempest is live tuned back on.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

cams posted:

do uniques still drop at least?

yes they will until the next major update with the new item class, I believe

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Holyshoot posted:

how do i get force move back? I reset my keybinds and its gone. I need to be able to move holding down spacebar.
I still see "move to cursor" in Options>Key Bindings. You don't?

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
On the plus side it'd make the next ICR tournament interesting as there's no more chests...

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Giedroyc posted:

On the plus side it'd make the next ICR tournament interesting as there's no more chests...

Also no achievements for 100 or 50 kills on a term boss. I have 114% completion on that section of the chart.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

So I built a Doom that feels pretty cool, but holy poo poo his damage is so pathetic. I don't know if it's just because I thought I'd run Cosmic Doom, but where I would usually blow the ultimate while Doom was transforming to his final form because it only took about half the ultimate to kill him, the entire ultimate did barely 1/3rd damage. I kind of feel like I should find out if that's just how Cosmic Doom is now, but on the other hand gently caress that, the fight was so goddamn long and boring.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
I decided to prestige Blade and a) slightly tweaked but def not bad 2) Jesus I'm like 32 in C2

dblankenship81
Mar 1, 2013
Hulk is so much fun right now. I just passed the cosmic trial with sub 60 uniques and no legendary with about a minute to spare.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Ghostlight posted:

So I built a Doom that feels pretty cool, but holy poo poo his damage is so pathetic. I don't know if it's just because I thought I'd run Cosmic Doom, but where I would usually blow the ultimate while Doom was transforming to his final form because it only took about half the ultimate to kill him, the entire ultimate did barely 1/3rd damage. I kind of feel like I should find out if that's just how Cosmic Doom is now, but on the other hand gently caress that, the fight was so goddamn long and boring.

It is something that has been reported constantly, but the TTKs at the moment are skyrocketing for cosmic stuff. My guess is when they scaled the damage down from the previous versions, they weren't assuming people had 50 points in any skills and they might have just started from 20 as a base point. That coupled with the infinity system being kinda lovely for getting damage at the moment, and the removal of passives, the relative damage has been drastically decreased. So expect kills to take a bit longer.

edit: Just to clarify something with the infinity system, if you wanted to increase your strength by 1, it isn't that you need to earn 25 infinity points, it is that you need to earn 150 infinity points. You get other stats out of it, but they might not be all that attractive for you. Also you travel a lot slower, you kill things slower, and it takes 10 times longer to earn an infinity point compared to an omega.

Grinning Goblin fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jan 21, 2017

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Yeh honestly right now this is basically a test realm for players to make sure skills go off and do damage as they should but current content scaling expects a totally different gear system

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Almost logged in, then I remembered that most of what changed in this patch was slowing everything down and they forgot to include any new content that would make that not suck. I don't think it's actually time to log in again yet.

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

If you like non cosmic prestiging, this is a good time to play. Trying out all the heroes is fun and soon you won't be able to get costumes for the grinder from prestiging.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

So uh.... I found this

Michael Norris is the mission designer. I shot him an email but what?

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
yeah I'm gonna redownload this game log on for 5 minutes and then not play it again woooooooooooooooo!

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Nehru the Damaja posted:

So uh.... I found this

Michael Norris is the mission designer. I shot him an email but what?
I hear you're supposed to call Gaz and say "Aardwolf" next.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
:tif:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Logged in, sorted through my garbage inventory backlog for 30 mins, quit. Also why do dashes have cooldowns in hubs? To stop us skipping past vendor content?