Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

punchymcpunch posted:

Also why do dashes have cooldowns in hubs? To stop us skipping past vendor content?
Do you think they're giving those NPCs visual updates for shits and giggles?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

MMAgCh posted:

Do you think they're giving those NPCs visual updates for shits and giggles?
Marvel Heroes 2017: Please, Slow Down and Jerk Off

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

punchymcpunch posted:

Logged in, sorted through my garbage inventory backlog for 30 mins, quit. Also why do dashes have cooldowns in hubs? To stop us skipping past vendor content?

Someone on the O is pretty sure that people only use dashes and teleports inside of hubs to annoy him. Honestly though, watching the steam rating of MH for the past 30 days tank has been pretty funny lately.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/226320/reviews/?browsefilter=mostrecent&snr=1_5_reviews_&p=1&filterLanguage=all#scrollTop=0

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I like how many of them complain about the heroes being simplified when what they really mean is that the dumpster fire of Omegas was finally put out.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Is this a fun ARPG or not

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Grondoth posted:

Is this a fun ARPG or not
yes. it is very good. it stagnated for a while but the game is changing in broad ways for the better.

if it fails to regain any sort of audience it will probably be goodbye which would suck cause i like this game but oh well.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

cams posted:

yes. it is very good. it stagnated for a while but the game is changing in broad ways for the better.

if it fails to regain any sort of audience it will probably be goodbye which would suck cause i like this game but oh well.

you should probably actually play the game before telling people it is fun or not

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Deleting all of Carol's ranged basics is retarded. Thanks, Gaz.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I get disconnected everytime I try to enter a story instance.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Toshimo posted:

Deleting all of Carol's ranged basics is retarded. Thanks, Gaz.
Conservation in the last tier is supposed to turn Photonic Blast into your ranged basic by removing the cost, although of course it's not working at the moment.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

punchymcpunch posted:

Logged in, sorted through my garbage inventory backlog for 30 mins, quit. Also why do dashes have cooldowns in hubs? To stop us skipping past vendor content?

Can't allow the players to move too quickly in case a rogue wants to grope them.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Grinning Goblin posted:

you should probably actually play the game before telling people it is fun or not
i have been playing it. i like it. suck my dick.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

so is just everything broken at this point? oh, i guess you don't need to actually do the story for any reason at all anymore do you?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

NecroMonster posted:

so is just everything broken at this point? oh, i guess you don't need to actually do the story for any reason at all anymore do you?

Story is very good xp even after they made it so you can't just skip to boss kills

cams
Mar 28, 2003

NecroMonster posted:

story seems to be the best way to level 1-60 now, at least on a fresh prestige. if you have any synergy bonus xp, you probably won't even get to latveria before you hit 60.

the game is "broken" in the sense that only one part of the big patch is in yet. right now, if you want to go in and grind a cosmic prestige or endgame stuff, there's nothing to do yet.

i reccomend leveling and prestiging characters to get their costumes so you can roll a random costume until that is no longer possible in the near future. at least until the omega items and difficulty adjustment parts of the patch come out.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

You literally cannot progress the story because several missions/zones are bugged and you either won't get progress (taskmaster institute) or you'll disconnect everytime you try and enter (a ton of things in part/act 4).

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

NecroMonster posted:

You literally cannot progress the story because several missions/zones are bugged and you either won't get progress (taskmaster institute) or you'll disconnect everytime you try and enter (a ton of things in part/act 4).

Those are probably patched in the next patch that's coming in a few hours

cams
Mar 28, 2003

and also you can teleport to the zones just beyond them (cargo ship for taskmaster, subway i think for mutant growth hormone factory place) and go back to trigger the quests. if you don't have the waypoints someone can group with you and teleport you to them.

patch in the morning will fix them.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
On a scale from Gaz to Ryolnir how hosed is the in-game clock right now?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

It was around two hours off when I glanced at it, so Ryolnir.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

cams posted:

the game is "broken" in the sense that only one part of the big patch is in yet. right now, if you want to go in and grind a cosmic prestige or endgame stuff, there's nothing to do yet.

NecroMonster posted:

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

Following this metaphor, how long til this game gets lynched by an angry mob?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

It's happening now on steam isn't it?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

For the record, I progressed through the entire story up to chapter 6 where I hit level 60. The Taskmaster bug just requires you to port to Hood's ship (rip all new players) and then go backward until it credits you with leaving the Institute. I didn't have any disconnects at all.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I'm gonna point out something that is maybe obvious to everyone else but I didn't realize and it left me wondering why my heroes seemed to fluctuate in power randomly from build to build and day to day:

In the training room, dummy hp scales with your current difficulty. Cosmic dummies have pretty wild amounts of hp. Make sure your comparisons between different heroes take that into account if you're, say, switching between an established character and one who hasn't passed that cosmic trial and is set to heroic.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.
why the gently caress did I think gaz had gotten their poo poo together and fixed a damned thing. They just created a gently caress load more things for them to break and they did and holy poo poo what.

ah well I guess I didn't spend all that much time on em I mean 2174 hours is only 90 days and 14 hours and that's 3 months and like a little over half a day so that's also about the same amount of time I've been sober since I started playing this game so good life choices all around.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Leper Residue posted:

why the gently caress did I think gaz had gotten their poo poo together and fixed a damned thing. They just created a gently caress load more things for them to break and they did and holy poo poo what.

ah well I guess I didn't spend all that much time on em I mean 2174 hours is only 90 days and 14 hours and that's 3 months and like a little over half a day so that's also about the same amount of time I've been sober since I started playing this game so good life choices all around.

I mean Ryolnir left so you would think that would make them more competent on the whole...except they are now less competent.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
is the game good aga...

Leper Residue posted:

oh

cams
Mar 28, 2003

just gonna go check out the old internet forum to see whether or not i like this game

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Decided to jump back in and see how Kitty Pryde plays now. I almost immediately phased out of the map or some poo poo and had to bodyslide to play again. Never change Gaz lol.

On the plus side the Taskmaster rework is very good.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

the worst bug is how dash stops working after like 3 presses

netcat
Apr 29, 2008
WHyyyyy did they ruin movement powers it was the best part of the game

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

netcat posted:

WHyyyyy did they ruin movement powers it was the best part of the game

game to fast

netcat
Apr 29, 2008

Jusupov posted:

game to fast

they having too much fun gotta rein in the fun

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

punchymcpunch posted:

the worst bug is how dash stops working after like 3 presses

They almost certainly lifted that from Diablo 3. I've been playing Monk and the most obnoxious thing in the game is that Dashing Strike only has two charges.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Ghostlight posted:

It was around two hours off when I glanced at it, so Ryolnir.

It's at 4:17 AM for me. I'm in Sweden, where it's currently 1:17 pm.

:gaz:

edit: someone please invite Tzulander to groot force, please. I'm going to do it, i'm finally going to prestige and not kill myself trying to reach piss goblin status.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Well despite the changes I'm having fun playing Hulk with the controller. Movement isn't too bad, though I can see how it would be annoying if you were grinding the same zone again and again.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Well despite the changes I'm having fun playing Hulk with the controller. Movement isn't too bad, though I can see how it would be annoying if you were grinding the same zone again and again.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Are you posting with a controller too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Nechronic posted:

Are you posting with a controller too?

I guess I'll never be a pro with this input lag, back to Kb+m.