Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

It's extremely bad, it's an ARPG with no loot or stats and the maps are just wide open empty fields with occasional click-and-hold-the-mouse-until-it's-over battles. So Marvel Heroes fans will probably love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I don't know if a private server would be fun, we'd be missing out on half of the game's content - like all the ads urging us to spend $200 on a character pack every 3 months.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

It's a marvel, these devs are heroes

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Wifi Toilet posted:

Well poo poo, I had the day off and was gonna try to set up a server to run around in but apparently i deleted it from my library and steam wont let me download a game thats been dead for years, what the hell?

Anyone know any client download links? It was free so it’s not filez right?

I don't know if this works for f2p games, but if you go into the steam support section and select the option saying you want help with a purchase, you can select a game from a list and even games that you permanently removed from your library will show up with an option to restore them. This might work if you ever made a purchase in MH at least

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Unfortunately I just checked and this is not possible with f2p games :argh:

I submitted a request to steam support asking if I could have it added back to my library, we'll see how it goes.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Mover posted:

New playable characters on the docket 1)pregnant sonic 2) heathcliff the orange cat and, you guessed it, 3) former US secretary of state Colin Powell

Pregnant Sonic and Heathcliff will be great additions, but I thought Taskmaster was already in the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

phosdex posted:

I just read that a City of Heroes server was granted a license from NCSOFT. https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/47223-ncsoft-homecoming-license-announcement/ Has this happened before? A dead game private server being granted an official license?

Homecoming is kind of a special case in this server emulation stuff - they're registered as an official nonprofit and e.g. do not accept donations beyond what they need to cover their operating costs. Iirc they've also been in communication with ncsoft about it since they opened. They're the only private MMO server I've ever seen that does everything above board.