Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
RIP Thingcognito :(. I'll miss this stupid game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Phyresis posted:

I had almost every hero up through AP2 and Juggernaut was the most mechanically fun by far. Which hero did you guys think was the most fun to play in your preferred game mode(s)?

My favorites were Punisher and War Machine for ranged (because guns and missiles and rockets and flamethrowers are loving cool, and War Machine was basically unkillable), and Thing and Juggernaut for melee (because hitting people with hot dog carts and running around like a maniac are loving cool).

Diablo's fine for what it is, but I miss the movement of MH, especially before they nerfed it. There are builds in Diablo based on movement skills, but nothing comes close to that insane Silver Surfer build with a dash-based auto attack and huge teleport distance (before it was nerfed). You could bash 100 enemies in the face with a surfboard within a minute while he yelled "I DO THIS OUT OF COMPASSION!"

After they revamped the skill trees, Juggs had a build that let you spam his signature charge with like 90% uptime. It was hella dope.

There was plenty of dumb poo poo about this game, but hosed if it didn't have its charm.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Oh I’ll still be playing all these games in 3 years. Never fear.

That's what you said about Marvel Heroes and look want happened :mad:

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

It was all about Silver Surfer admonishing Punisher's lack of perspective for being such a mess over the death of a couple people, when Surfer has seen entire systems wiped out. Also dashing into people's faces with a surfboard and yelling "I DO THIS OUT OF COMPASSION!" like an abusive priest.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

What difficulty should I pick in Marvel Presents THE SPIDERMAN

Choices are Friendly, Amazing, Spectacular. Cosmic is not an option.

It never was.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

punchymcpunch posted:

i remember once i bought a pack of buffs cos icr told me they were amazing value

Same but Destiny 2.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

I miss Thingcognito.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

D3 is fun and not very complicated, and the gear sets/legendary items changing the hell of your class give it better variety than you'd expect, but you can't throw a hot dog cart at a dinosaur while yelling Bugs Bunny taunts, so I still miss Marvel Heroes.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

I like the midgame of D3, when you increase your power like 10,000-fold by finding a full armor set, and then find legendaries that transform it into an OP mess. When you're like, sweet, this armor set increases X by 2000%, and this legendary quadruples X's damage and makes it free to cast, and this other legendary makes it attack 50% faster, and this last one reduces incoming damage by 70% while casting X!

Once I stop making those insane leaps in power, I start to lose interest. Then months later my wife is like "Let's play Diablo!" and the whole thing starts again.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Fried Sushi posted:

Yep, now they just need to get rid of needing to level to 70 and it would be perfect for a week or two every season.

Yeah. The early season is kind of a slog if you don't have a buddy to power level you to 70 in 10 minutes.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

I like Grim Dawn because you can make a serviceable build out of basically any power, but the endgame didn't hold my interest. I appreciate that it controls decently with a gamepad, though. It's nice to lazily kick back with an ARPG on the couch.

Shine fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Sep 27, 2018

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

I've been playing Diablo 3 on Switch, and it makes me wish Gaz didn't fail at consoles and die.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

ponzicar posted:

Public domain ain't gonna win out over disney.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Grinning Goblin posted:

Aren't people going to question why the MUA3 thread existed nearly 2 years before the announcement date and why there are over 8000 posts about some weird gaz company?

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: Already a Gazillion Pages

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Yeah, it's hella dope.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

dangerdoom volvo posted:

I miss this game sometimes. Don't know why it wasn't very good

Yeah. Dumb as it could be, it captured very well the feeling of each character's powers/abilities, so if you like Juggernaut because he can just run into things like a big loving idiot then you can build him that way. War Machine's "just fire loving everything" signature was exactly what I wanted it to be. Thing made 1960s Bugs Bunny quips while beating people with a stop sign. The game was as awesome as it was dumb.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Silver Surfer's original teleport range was so much fun.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Pain don't hurt.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Now I'm sad :(

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Running around Midtown mindlessly trashing bosses and then feeling anxiety at the sheer number of glowing drops and small inventory space was dumb as gently caress and I miss it.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Gaz please give Deadpool a crash down called "Superhero Landing."

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Thingcognito was so loving cool.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Captain Marvel had the best Marvel origin story ever (the origin of Nick Fury's missing eye), a bunch of cool 90s music, and an "unleashing my hidden power and owning everybody" scene straight out of Dragon Ball. It was okay.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

We had popcorn and laughed at the kitty and then went out for cheddar biscuits.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

ICR, please use your powers for good and get people playing Echo Arena.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Ok let me look up game and see if I can muster up the courage.

It's Frisbee soccer in the Ender's Game arena. It's fun as poo poo. It's also free aside from the Oculus Rift you'd be buying everyone :D.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Wasn't there also that mouse game?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

If your friends don't start a new seasonal character with you, then you have bad friends.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Using Silver Surfer's insane movement + teleport to clear the entirely of Midtown in like 30 seconds was the most "I am a loving superhero" thing.

I remember the skill rework giving Juggernaut a build where you had like 99% uptime on his charging signature. Juggernaut was loving cool.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Strange Matter posted:

Greatest moment in the game for me was playing Thing as my main character for like two years with only the most meager QOL adjustments, and then he gets like the very last 52 Review and it turned out to be everything I could have ever wanted. Playing Post-52 Thing was pure joy.

Thing's rework was so loving good. Tossing hot dog carts and manhole covers and shouting the catchphrase of his abusive older brother and that movie was so bad.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Fool! Doom does as he pleases! :gaz:

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Purr Objectives posted:

God I miss this game.

Me too :(

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

The best part of the movie, by far, was the post-credits scene in which Deadpool appears and mocks you for expecting a post-credits scene after a movie called "Endgame".

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Toot Force for life.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

I wanna charge circles around Midtown using Juggernaut's "run into everything and occasionally turn invincible" build. Stupid fun dead game.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

NoMas posted:

I miss just listening to some tunes and causing carnage in Midtown Madness

I DO THIS OUT OF COMPASSION

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

BabyFur Denny posted:

That's exactly what that guy said the last time!

And that was only the 47th time, so it's all good.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

In the meantime we have the lovely Switch game and the lovely Oculus game.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

The response in the thread here looked pretty lukewarm, at best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

He did as he pleased :gaz: