Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I AM THE MOON posted:

by changing the color of the item from brown to teal or red or whatever, it adds hundreds of hours of content as you have to gear up all 3 characters you care about again.
What if their update/reworks made me hate them though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Good news all, turns out all it took was deleting Spirit to make Moon Knight feel good to play. Added bonus, 25/100 core/catalyst gives you Tribute now which means more frequent invulnerability+super-damage windows.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

MMAgCh posted:

Do you think they're giving those NPCs visual updates for shits and giggles?
Marvel Heroes 2017: Please, Slow Down and Jerk Off

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Fun List so far:
Moon Knight
Rogue
Hulk
Thing
Human Torch

Okay Sure I Guess list:
Nova
Taskmaster

Sad! list:
Green Goblin
Spider-Man

Ignore list:
cams

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

actually I worked on my gobby last night and he's pretty great, at least for his glider build (machine gun spender)

Nitrous Boost while wearing some power duration is a massive speed boost, nothing can hit you while you dance around

Also having a true brutal chance of 66% on 7 of your 8 skills (including sig) with 840% brutal damage is.... pretty brutal
But I hate machine gun so much :/

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

malhavok posted:

There are a lot of any hero uniques with stat bonuses out the rear end. Specially for Dura/Str.
And Durability in particular got some weirdness with stat bonuses on artifacts because of the no-it-totally-exists item budget interacting interestingly with "and some characters get damage from this defensive stat."

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I wish people knew how good the FF are now so I could tag all of them for my Rogue power library.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

the Catalysts (replacement for costume cores) are in the game now which you can grind for, they have new affixes and special ability tiers that can roll
Have they replaced the "swap costume affixes" recipe yet so if you get a new one you can trade your previous rolls onto it yet?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

NecroMonster posted:

Welcome to the near industry wide design consensus that blizzard is largely responsible for pushing. Enjoy your stay.
Blizzard at least has set items or trait choices or legendaries that work around largely eliminating said cooldowns in D3 now though. Industry's as slow as the gameplay they think people like now.

In MH news, additions I played today:
Fun tier
Black Panther

Didn't pass the Cosmic trial but I probably just need to git gud tier
Hawkeye

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Good news all, Taskmaster's actually fun as hell if you build him the stupidest way on paper (all CD powers, Iron Fist stance thing) and throw all the +attributes items on him.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Mover posted:

If you steal taskmaster's passive on Rogue, she switches from dur/fight to all stats. just those two though
Which is a MASSIVE trap because some of the best +all uniques are TM's own.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Dunno if anyone's tried Iron Man since the update yet, but he's fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckin good now (not that he was ever bad).

They actually put some effort into his specializations so that you can make melee IM basically War Machine, you can do a "I sometimes press buttons but stuff just happens anyway whenever" missile build, and a ranged laser build that feels like it's missing a damage layer, but in return is just constant explosions of large numbers and near-infinite Spirit (without even using Arc Reactor Overload).

Also with decent gear you're looking at around 300% base damage boosts (~150 from Spirit from Arc Reactor trait, ~150 from having Strength/Intelligence around the 20s). Hooray.

Only negative so far is that ARO doesn't remove CC anymore (at least, none that I tried it on) because your dash does. So, sure, ok. Maybe wanna take that off the tooltip then guys.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Ghostpilot posted:

Wilfred Wong pointed out that heroes that have Fighting or Energy have an uphill climb because they have to either sacrifice Crit / Brutal chance respectively to boost their main stats (particularly rough in the case of Rocket and Cable, who have Fighting and Energy as main stats).
People with a Speed primary and people who have Movement tagged skills (and what a fun overlap it is when you've got both!) have an uphill climb against "wanting to even play this character" because they compete with the most important stat: passive movement speed.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I really shouldn't have played Squirrel Girl today because she's really fun + strong as a summoner and I am to understand that they're moving her off of Int-scaling (and thus, making all the +summoned ally damage artifacts with +int on them kinda lovely for her) in the next patch, for Lore Reasons.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Ghostlight posted:

They're individual pools that fill up in sequence - so you earn a point in one gem then the next. Your total points persist across characters but allocating them is a per-character choice.
Yeah they're paragon levels from Diablo 3, except grouped by Lore Themes instead of by core/offensive/defensive/utility.

So like imagine if for some characters you had to choose between +Primary Stat and +Crit Damage, or +Primary Stat and +Movement speed , depending on what their primary stat was. That's the MH difference.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Zaodai posted:

Is there any kind of reset for them or anything if you want them back, or are you allocating permanent stuff to characters? My lack of poopsocking has left me with only 75 of each. :saddowns:
Left click spends, right click refunds. Hold shift to do 10 +/- at a time. Whenever you want.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Guys I'm scared, Star-Lord feels really good now.

I've tried 3 different builds on him:

GRENADES
Elemental Blast
Dash
Gravity Grenade
Cryo Grenade
Incendiary Grenade
Shockwave Grenade
Orbital Strike
Water (or Element of choice)

Rotation: Ele Blast, drop all grenades, dash, repeat until you're out of Ammo, then use your Element and repeat. That's it. Beat the cosmic trial without a catalyst or team-up. Stupid as hell.

ALL ELEMENTS
Elemental Barrage
Dash
Fire
Water
Earth
Air
Orbital Strike
Elemental Blast

Rotation: Hold down LMB and hit an Element, then Elemental Blast, every second or two. Throw in an Orbital Strike when you want to, whatever. Experience particle effects!

FEELS STRONG, IS STUPID SO IS PROBABLY STRONG
Empty the Clips
Dash
Incendiary Cluster Bomb
Earth
Air
Fire
Orbital Strike
Elemental Blast

Swap Water for Air on single-target.

Rotation: Hold down LMB, press ICB and Orbital Strike on cooldown. Hit an element, then Elemental Blast, every couple seconds (SLIGHTLY less often than your ALL ELEMENTS rotation, but, whatever). Enjoy that you're dumping a huge brutal strike at monster range every 2-3 seconds.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I can't wait to muster upmthb the courage to log in soon thank younautot Ct corr ft autocorr ft clay to sit aurlyorfoy autograph c autocorrect.

Auyocorr ft. Autocorr ft qutoreccr

God drat it
Autocorrect. Nailed it. Full concentration.
My dude, maintain. Never told you, I finished before the rework:

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Pour one out for davebo, I cannot get Wolverine to feel like a complete character. Going for a cooldown-heavy Impale-dump build means you're going to bug out and get perma-0 Fury bug (I got it twice in an hour), his bleed build feels two moves short of a set, the other talents don't really compose one coherent character kit with any sense of synergy, and hoooooooly poo poo is his signature weird to try to drag into interactions with the rest of his kit.

Signature gives you a stacking crit chance that rolls over to guaranteed brut at 3 stacks. It affects your next use of one of three powers:
Tornado Claw - there's a talent that makes this do a ton of damage but you have to spam it so fast you can't get the sig stacks in at the tail end.
Run Through - this does good damage but you're probably taking the talent that makes this apply a vulnerability to your Fury spenders, if you use it at all.
Impale - this already has 100% native brut chance. It literally gains nothing from the signature.

At least he scales off Durability so he's faceroll easy in all content including the can't-die-standing-in-Red-Skull-zones cosmic trial.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

So wait, is Doom the only actual-summoner who scales off of Int now that they changed Squirrel Girl to Fighting/Speed? Follow-up that is probably asked-and-answered, but does that make him the actual-summoner with artifacts that give +summon damage and +a stat you want?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

He's a lying coward and I already yelled at him about that very post

So the answers to my questions are presumably "yes" and "sure" then

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Zaodai posted:

We plan to eventually make other stats useful, so for now, we have switched people to stats that will eventually* be useful.

*This does not constitute a guarantee that stats will ever be useful.
Lore needs to dictate mechanics, but we haven't added mechanical support yet. Please preorder

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I'm so confused at what they think makes a hero Intelligence-based for "Lore reasons" now.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Kokoro Wish posted:

Wait, do people think Int still effects pet damage, when the big update patch notes said it had been changed to Crit damage and Med-Kit cooldown?
No, it's more that some of the good summoner Artifacts (Adv. Regalia, for one) and lots of the good Any Hero Uniques (Spear of the White Gorilla Tribe, Latverian Monarch Cloak, Sinister's Cuirass, stupid god drat Octobot Controller) are sources of good +Summon Damage while also having +Int as either one of, or the only, attribute.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Wow, this game no longer runs like rear end on my computer. Awesome. I have no idea how any of the characters I 60'd a year ago play now, though. Any tips for punisher/winter soldier/star lord?
I played a bunch of Star-Lord and am having more trouble finding a bad build for him, than I did finding 3 good builds for him: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3806314&pagenumber=17&perpage=40#post468744002

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Crono S. Magnum posted:

I suppose its a testament to the game that I absolutely loathe pretty much every design decision they've made lately and yet here I am reinstalling the game for a third time this week.

What are some good Ranged characters at the moment? Maybe they'll have it easier then my Hulk does.
It's Star-Lord.

Also Cooldown-based Rogue is still good.

Seconding Iron Man, but for lasers instead of Missiles.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Iakona posted:

I've got a little bit of chapter 10 left, and I just hit 60 as wolverine. Any advice as to what I should be doing besides picking another character to level at this point? I'm doing the AIM poo poo as I find them, but I'm really not sure what to do as far as gear progression if that even exists.

I played this game a couple times, but never enough to even get through the story, and I'm trying real hard to not just put it down after I finish the story. I will say overall I think this is a step in the right direction. The combat feels a little less ridiculous, but at the same time I can't even do red level poo poo because I'm bad, undergeared, or wolverine just sucks. I'm probably just bad.
If you want to play more Wolverine, smash yourself into the cosmic trial until you pass it (it feels much easier now, or I might just be getting lucky). Then soak up uniques in Cosmic Hightown until you feel you have beaten Wolverine.

Gear progression right now is "get all level 60s" basically. There are recipes to upgrade the item level of the gear, but it's meant to take literal weeks and will probably only benefit current uniques, not the Omega items (release TBD) yet to come.

The ultimate truth of Marvel Heroes, as in all video games and things is ever thus: Do whatever, because it might not matter tomorrow. Stand boldly astride the meaninglessness of life and shout gently caress IT I'M LISTENING TO PODCASTS WHILE I MAKE SOMEONE'S NAME A DIFFERENT COLOR.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Tanya's Love Letter with +1 all on top of it...

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

I see we're back to the launch durability for Punisher, eg, he dies when someone farts on him. Black Widow and Winter Soldier arn't any better. For that matter Captain America also dies very easily.
Star-Lord's pretty fragile too, but at least Cosmic Spirit catalysts tend to have a 2m self-rez as an affix. Which is sadly the best survivability boost I've seen on any character that didn't have Durability scaling in this rework.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

it's perfect for Juggernaut as well

but also I hear it's great for Star-Lord
Yeah if you do:

You do 1MM+ Bruts every 2-3 seconds and put down enough constant fire that you're always hitting and proccing something. And I could probably throw better artifacts on there too.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

RosaParksOfDip posted:

"Insane brut gearing" and no doomsaw? #NotMyBrutBuild
Doomsaw only gives you +Brutal Strike Rating, of which you need 0 for that Star-Lord build (Elemental Blast is a guaranteed Brutal to begin with). Believe me, I wish it were not so.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Also, it's positively incredible how weak and lovely Loki feels despite being a summoner who keys off of Durability. Do no damage even with 500% summoned ally damage? Check. Die instantly with 20+ durability? Double-check. I blame the grinder for giving me 3 Agent of Asgard skins for making me even try.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Cease to Hope posted:

is there a good way to get vulnerability from gear available to and suitable for phoenix jean grey? because she doesn't get vuln on any of her powers, so far as I can tell.
"Having Falcon-Cap or Arachne as your team-up" if that counts as gear.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Good news friends, Doomsaw+Shades works for Nightcrawler too. You have to use a bunch of Flourish powers, your talent lineup looks like you're a dumb rear end in a top hat, and your aoe is nonexistent but you fill the screen with red numbers and have decent survivability because you're constantly in and out of stealth with a deflect buff + things are dead. It's stupid.

e:
Here is the dumbest-rear end poo poo

You get a bunch of +% sword power damage, and when you're stealthed your Flourishes autocrit and gain 25% damage. Also your sig autocrits and gives you concealment (unbreakable stealth) for 5 seconds. And your Flourish powers get +75% damage, -100% cost after using a Teleport. Your "dash" already has 5 charges and gives you 1.5s of stealth on use, and is a teleport.

Rotation: Alternate Bamf! and a Flourish power. Sabre Storm refreshes your other Flourish powers so use it last. Throw some Righteous Frenzy charges in when you're bored, same with Blink Strike. Sig when everything's up and keep teleporting, even though you're concealed, because that 75% damage boost is Killer.

You can probably swap out your t2 choice for the far-right one (stacking dodge/damage buff on teleport power use) but since I'm not seeing a UI element for tracking it right now, gently caress it.
And the artifacts could do better too but, with the damage this is doing already, What Ev Er.

Chernobyl Peace Prize fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jan 30, 2017

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Cease to Hope posted:

What's the build?
Just added it! It's dumb. So dumb.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Mover posted:

Have you tried this with Anti-Metal ammo? that 2.3k crit damage and 2.3k brut damage rating is looking mighty appealing, but it doesn't have much in the way of +stats.
I hadn't thought of that! I'm interested in trying it, but also, Peter Quill's Element Gun getting +6 Fighting is a stupid amount of raw stat.

Will report back after I get tired of this "cackling like an idiot and murdering everything and having almost pre-update levels of mobility" NC build.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I'm tentatively excited at all the Nova improvements on the TC. Silver Surfer style resource instead of Spirit, talents improved to function better with Movement builds, 4 charges on Blast Off!,

quote:

Cosmic Combo’s dashing effect is now treated as a movement power.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Adult Sword Owner posted:

None of you are free from sin
Its me I am

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Cease to Hope posted:

okay so how do you make cyclops not boring and awful
You can
1. Do a Stupid Build, where you build all the call-in powers, the talent that makes Overwatch reset your call-in CDs, and the talent that reduces Visor Off's CD by a few seconds every time you use a call-in power. Open with Visor-Off, mash your call-ins, Overwatch, call-ins again (problem with this, see below), single-target lovely beam of choice until Visor Off or call-ins are up, repeat.
2. Do an Effective But Straightforward build, where you build him like pre-rework (both the beams on lmb/rmb, explosive blast, optic devastation, Beast call-in, overwatch, Visor Off) and play "did they break beamweaving this week", and take the capstone talent where your Visor Off lasts longer and makes you invulnerable
3. Do a Probably Better Paper DPS But Feels Like poo poo build, where you do #2 but take the Emma talent and sub her in for Beast. This means your Visor Off feels much worse but in return you proc all 3 damage types

Not helping any of this is the fact that there's some cooldown skills that overwatch just doesn't reset, like his Angel call-in with the incorrect name + description, and that he has the classic Cyclops problems of "either 1 too many single-target powers or 1 too many aoe powers, also you have a skill that does a DoT increased by attack speed, + a power that does scaling damage for how long you use it, which is a regular damage-and-attack-speed power so you have to calculate idiot poo poo out or look up a guide that someone else did."

In short, and I say this as someone who prestiged the dumb idiot a couple times, if you want to play an X-Man just play Nightcrawler and if you want to play a ranged laser guy play Iron Man. Cyclops: For if you want to fall asleep at the keyboard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Cease to Hope posted:

on this note how do you play laser IM? I've been enjoying missiles but couldn't ever get a repulsor build to feel good
http://marvelheroes.info/builds/gen/iron-man/pw:386:392:480:582:583_pt:1:1:1:1:1
Repulsor Blast as your filler
Dash
System Shock
Satellite Strike
Arc Reactor Overload
Unibeam
The One-Off
Microlasers

Your dash gives you an attack speed buff you probably won't make much use out of, as only your filler gives a poo poo about attack speed. Mashing every cooldown as it comes up, down the line, is good. Unibeam's your execute, hits a huge area, and feels infinitely better as an instant shot than a charge-up. You don't have the big meaty red slaps of a Brutal build but you get ~150% damage from primary stats and 150-200% from Spirit gear, with relatively lovely things of each. Also it delivers on the promise of "shoot many lasers." You will probably never drop below 80% Suit Power, even if you skip hitting ARO once in awhile because you don't feel like it or whatever.

Chernobyl Peace Prize fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Feb 2, 2017