Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

MMAgCh posted:

Gaz.

Gaz that's not what people are talking about when they say they want new content.

Incoming goon designed Stiltman raid?
edit: I probably didn't read that right but no worries I just log into the thread once a day to collect my free omega boxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Anyone done mystic mystery 6 recently? I took ghost rider to MM but over an hour only one lavaheart showed up, the rest of the time it was the herald of ash. Didn't see deceiver the whole time, and no demon packs except those that came with them and invading at the park every few minutes.

I managed to clear the cosmic trial despite my half assed gear and setup, and about 7100 omegas worth of whatever the new system is. Wearing unblessed xerogen crystal, advanced metasensory, idol of khonsu, and some other common drop. River of soul on a defense uru. A 2/5 completed low level gungnir, an empty pet, ~60% rolls CDR on costume, upgraded uniques with a hellfire shotgun I forgot to remove after doing some other achievement years ago. Had 40 seconds to spare in both phases. The double inferno to wear down everyone worked well while I focused the big guys with penance stare and auto brute judgment.

I guess I'll try mystery 6 again tonight swapping between the 3 MMs I have access to and I'll try to get in a limbo run since my GR hasn't been yet. But I read up on the oforums and it seems like the official method is "kill shitloads of demons then the achievement will autocomplete randomly months later".

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Jusupov posted:

Yeah I did it yesterday. Already had most of it done so it was under an hour of holding down hell on wheels in green midtown. If you had zero done it'll be a while since its 2k mayhem demons and 4 or 5 lavahearts. The way people got it recently from just logging in is they nerfed the lavaheart kills from 44 to just a few.

Thanks, got it and finished off the rest of them today. Wasnt bad once I got in a midtown that actually spawned the mobs on the regular.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

What's the deal with the kill madame hydra with the helicarrier teamup achievement, do you have to have it high enough level for the ability or something?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Jusupov posted:

Just get her low enough health so summoning the team-up kills her. Works in story hydra island at least

Huh. Tried about 12 times on three different Madame hydras as Beast, while leveling and after I hit 60. Went back as black widow and got it first try.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

So the anniversary event is over? I did my daily login last night and only got the spidey fortune card, no cake or other goodies. I thought it wasn't ending until the month was over. I forgot to pick up the second 500 eternity splinter pack to put towards ults, I'd bought more cakes instead. My bad for not realizing Gaz time is its own thing. I did finally get Blackagar Boltagon, Beastagar Beastagon and Samuel Jackagon Fury to 60 so I'm all ready for fifteen new heroes to be released any day now.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Oof. I haven't logged in in months, and may not have ever again, but hearing it is shutting down sucks as part of me still wanted to cosmic the Fantastic Four just because they were removed. I wonder what the time frame will be. Any chance they crank up xp and loot drops and let people go hog wild til the plug gets pulled?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Whats the final count on Davebo Wolverines?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

ICR did you cosmic every character in the game in the end? I thought you had everyone at yellow but then someone posted you still had a few to go and weren't playing anymore, and then they added Carnage after a drunken bender of productivity never to be repeated...

Someone get Denny's on the line, they have to bring back Thingburger in memoriam.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Dear diary, today I punched a dinosaur.

Really makes you think. Wolferine has been alive since the 1800s. Imagine how many video games he's seen die.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

My dumb thing in this game was collecting all the teamups. Civil war iron man and captain america defeated me because even I wasn't dumb enough to buy so many crates to get reskins. Justified... it took 5 crates to get iron man and about 90 crates to get cap, buying the 5 box bundle at 50 gazbucks a pop. Craziness.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Asros is going spoiler heavy on twitter, laying out stuff he was working on until the end. He says their downfall was not keeping enough staff to keep PC going when they moved to console.
- playable Thanos for Infinity War (like a WoW hero class)
- heavy challenge blind randomized group missions
- black panther rework with killmonger enhanced skin

I logged in and tooled around on my favorite characters briefly with shadowplay running but I'm bummed I'll never almost taste the sweet tea again, unless its on youtube somewhere. Kitty Pryde "Doom's here? WHAT IS GOING ON." So many great quotes, and the opening notes of the avengers tower music. Ahh well. I still miss Earth and Beyond and that's been gone 13 years.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Dr. VonHugenstein posted:

Last laugh's on Gaz when they realize they already laid off the switch flipper and nobody else knows how to turn off the servers

poo poo if the games still somehow around Saturday I may have to finish cosmicking black widow.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I miss the wild frontier days of free random hero codes appearing in the wilderness where we'd have pages of "I got spiderman" "I got cable" "I got a rock I mean the Thing" followed by pages of "I missed it" "Anyone grab an extra code?" Good times. Now if only people would learn their lesson and not support this type of greedy game where you shell out for waifus, barbie outfits and boosts. Oh well back to Future Fight and Avengers Academy I go.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Man I really am going to miss this game, I wish they hadn't hosed it up so much. It was boring and grindy as hell, then you got over the early hump and had a decent xp bonus and plenty of chars and it was awesome, then you burned out of content or your friends quit and it sucked again. They fixed the newbie area and story campaign years too late and stopped adding content as soon as the bulk of players actually needed it. You don't need to reinvent the wheel every year, just keep adding more road and cool cars wtf.

Someone hire Brevik to do a DC or Star Wars ARPG so we can start this all over again.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

McSpanky posted:

I always have a soft spot for any game that lets you play the Fantastic Four, at this one had Doom and Surfer to boot! That will literally never happen again.

If only they'd managed to sneak Namor in too.

Saint Freak posted:

I'm gonna look into a crystal ball here and forsee him wanting to stay as far from Disney as possible.

Good point. I'm just new to mobile games and bummed at how much worse (imho) Galaxy of Heroes and DC Legends are compared to Future Fight.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The laid off switch flipper got paid a premium to come in as an outside contractor to turn the servers off. He made coffee while in the office and flipped on monday madness while browsing message boards and getting the last of the good candy bars from the vending machine. Then once the coffee went cold, he pulled the plug on the game and went home.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

davebo posted:

Marvel Heroes really did a good job keeping my spending in check at 8 cents an hour. Now I've fallen in to a much much more expensive hobby I hope I can quit soon.

Just set yourself a simple goal to stick to, like collecting every comic Wolverine has made an appearance in over the years.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Does PoE get its own Denny's specials? Didn't think so. RIP thingburger.

Edit: PoE should take advantage of the disenfranchised and add MH skills to their tree. Elbow drops, bouncing ball form, x23's ult, squirrel armies, being carried around on a throne while a march plays and rockets and lasers fire off, all of it there for the taking. Does it have crashdown strikes? If it has crashdown strikes I'll install tonight.

Also it's too bad MH wasn't built for seasons, I wonder if that would have helped.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Dec 13, 2017

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

malhavok posted:

Is this back yet?

They're bringing it back as a battleground game. You're assigned a random character and dropped into midtown, last one alive wins.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

They get props for replicating Colossus's roar from the old x-men arcade game, but I always enjoyed the crashdown strikes best. Mainly Ms/Captain Marvel, she was my first one to 60 since she had it all. Punching, laser beams, flying, and a really satisfying crashdown.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Captain Marvel trailer is out and I feel like cosmic haymakering some skrulls with her in marvel heroes right now. She was my best tank in AvAc before I quit that, and is my go to team leader for Cable in Future Fight, but it's just not the same without crashdown strike. Bummed I only ever got her to blue. My only cosmic 60 was Colossus though I started Black Widow and lost interest when the shutdown was announced.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Strange Matter posted:

It's remarkable how satisfying Carol was to play. She had so many powers that just felt so good and solid to use. The only problem I have with that trailer is that she doesn't seem nearly as awesome as she did in this dumb game.

Yeah im curious what power tier she'll land on for the movies since in the comics shes as up and down as wonder woman. Sometimes zooming freely through space punching out starships while cracking jokes in a vacuum and sometimes flying into upper orbit until she passes out from lack of oxygen just to wake up in free fall so she can feel alive again. Looks like they'll tie it to some star lord tech and her binary power up.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I wish I would have recorded more gameplay sessions than just my 1.5 contest entries. I could watch them and hit buttons and pretend like when you give a toddler an unplugged controller while they watch you play. Put a terminal or midtown run on repeat and you would be unable to tell you aren't playing. That's the sign of a good game right there.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Zaodai posted:

There's Diablo 4 pre-alpha demo footage out from blizzcon if that's your jam. It's shared world now.

And they are adding mounts to this one. Can't wait to drive my demon hunter around in her punisher van.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I heard 2020 is all trials to see if we deserve Marvel Heroes back and if we can just make it to December the switch flipper will rise once again and flip that switch back to on.

uniform and loot box prices are doubling though, switch flipper gotta eat

feels like just yesterday marvel heroes and avengers academy and <insert your favorite bad dead old marvel game here> closed down. Good thing Future Fight will still be running and bringing us quality patches in 2030 and beyond.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

PureRok posted:

I need help, I keep running into this error when trying to connect to the private server.

Switch flipper sleeping on the job again, someone needs to flip all those 0s to 1s.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I heard Thing Burger was such a smash hit that Denny's will serve it again this summer and they are switching Marvel Heroes back on just for the length of the promotion.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Planeswalk today.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I hope it takes off and becomes the next Fortnite so Disney decides to compete too and remembers it already has a AAA action RPG starring The Avengers (tm) ready to go, complete with Thing Burger tie-ins.

I hope it doesn't take off because I couldn't play more than an hour or two of the alpha and missed out on unlocking some costumes.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

I didn't know Squeenix did a Thing Burger tie-in for the Marvel's Avengers game.

They didn't, that's why it flopped.

Marvel Heroes still holds up now, flip the switch back to on and start working on the infinity War content. No one will care that its years late and there's still a while before they need Kang the Conqueror. Hell give Thanos an ult where he snaps his fingers and half the enemies on the map die, then he just flies around in his thanos-copter collecting the loot.

e: Make Thanos overpowered but he costs tons more xp to level, and every prestige rank he goes up unlocks another infinity gem power until he has them all at cosmic. This stuff writes itself. Only problem is keeping the switch flipper awake and hiring new anonymous artists since the old ones probably went mad due to contact with fans on message boards and twitter.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Mar 23, 2021

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Rogue challenge. Take her into PvP with no powers and survive with only the powers you can snag from the other players. Too bad :rip: Marvel Heroes and :aloom: Marvel Heroes PvP.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Lost Ark super-88 super-15 when?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

super sweet best pal posted:

I'd try Lost Ark but my computer's too old.

Maybe Doomsaw will log you in and play for you until you get a better pc.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I can't wait for Kang to come out and time travel us back to when travel powers were good and we could still play the game. They shouldn't have been allowed to shut down the game until everyones' boons wore off.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Three seconds of half assed googling showed me that David Brevik hasn't announced that he's working on anything since his 2019 game so I think its clear that the top secret Marvel Heroes 2 will be released this spring. Early access May 29th. Preorder now for a spiderman with a plastic bag over his head uniform.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Someone set up the next Crazy 88. How many heroes were we up to at the end?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Maybe they can add playable wasp so that one guy can rest in peace.

Did that other guy post up with all the possible costumes yet? Someone is going to beat him to it.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Now to get the Thingburger back at Dennys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

Got into the Marvel Rivals test today. Already got a slew of complaints about the costumes ready to fire off.

Make sure to create the threads with costumes for every possible hero they might add.