Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Celebrity Ghost
Sep 26, 2007

It looks like they added 2 more slots, though it's largely cosmetic: one to hold your costume core, one to hold a 'flourish' item (I got a Spider-man spotlight from a chest of some kind).

With the Omega system changed, it appears I can no longer make a triple big Juggernaut. 0/10

(The new loot system looks kind of neat and I'm enjoying that they basically looked at Diablo 3 and said "hey that game's itemization s actually fun still".)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celebrity Ghost
Sep 26, 2007

What's the story with Blessings? I noticed they have labels now. Do two of the same type not stack? So all my quadruple Helas are only worth one?

Celebrity Ghost
Sep 26, 2007

Jedit posted:

They stack, but they're not as useful stacked now because they grant ratings instead of flat bonuses. There are three types - Offensive, Defensive and Utility - and then there's Blessing of Odin that gives you a major buff if you use one of each type. So instead of 4 Helas for 20% brutal, you'll have one Hela, one Odin, and a Defensive and Utility on the other two to complete the set.

I haven't checked if it's still there, but there was a recipe to swap existing Blessings for free.

Cool, I saw that exchange recipe but I didn't know what I should be doing with it. I guess that's a more elegant solution but it's so weird having only like 25% brutal hit rating now.

Messed around with some more characters and Juggernaut seems to have gotten out of this pretty much the same. It's weird not constantly holding down my Stride button for little ticks of Momentum, and Lariat feels like it needs maybe one more charge because I get these moments where everything is cooling down. On the other hand, permanent Unstoppable Charge is straight from heaven. It's all I ever wanted out of him: to run around like an out of control bus.

She Hulk seems to be in good shape too, at least design-wise. She got Anger instead of spirit and her talents let you decide how fiddly or simple you want her to play.

Celebrity Ghost
Sep 26, 2007

Lozareth posted:

Tried out chains Ghost Rider and, man, GR got ruined. His awesome bike-riding badass ult got changed to a wimpy, crappy thing where tiny chains appear and spin around and spit fire on their own with no control of where they do damage.

Ghost Rider has a talent that turns his Whirling Chains into his old Ult, or at least the "ride your bike swinging a chain" part of it. The weirdest thing about his design is the talent tier that affects his Infernal Contract, mostly because there's an argument to be made to pick nothing at all.

Celebrity Ghost
Sep 26, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

100% they haven't moved summon to scale off regular stats because doing so makes summoners scaling multiplicative rather than additive and therefore a complete balance nightmare.

How so? Summons are essentially a stacking DoT that has really finicky targeting; it's not like the total number of summons is uncapped. The D3 Witch Doctor managed to scale just fine off their main stat too. Or are you saying Gaz, themselves, can't handle it?

Celebrity Ghost
Sep 26, 2007

I just found out about this today. Like everyone else, I'm not surprised but still disappointed; MH is like the definition of 'wasted potential'.

Still, during it's peak, it was a F2P game that didn't feel completely and utterly predatory. The constant sales and promo codes during the good years really pulled a lot of good will. I probably spent $100, as a generous guess, but it was likely way less because I only ever bought G's on sale.

Some favorite memories: Mangeto typo, Squirrel Girl tanking framerates so bad they had to remove the bones from her squirrels, Item Guy's eternal vacation, and Arboc's glorious cosmic Markov-bot music video (sadly lost to the sands of time, RIP in peace)

Ultimately I rate a superhero game by how well I can be the Juggernaut, and I give it 7/5 Juggernauts, one for every prestige and She-Hulk acting as bonus points. That made this the best Marvel game since MvC2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celebrity Ghost
Sep 26, 2007

I miss Juggernaut and She-Hulk (who I specced to basically play like Juggernaut). The game felt like a relic of a past age of game design, where stuff was just in there because why not. Things like 3x small/big (RIP), items that procced rarely but for MEGA DAMAGE, collecting hotdogs... Games try real hard to be balanced and polished now, so it was kind of fresh to play something where the design was "throw everything at the wall and see what sticks, just go nuts, have fun".

I will say I'd probably only have a fraction of nostalgia for this game if it weren't for this thread and the increasingly insane O forums. Like an extra ARG layer to the whole thing.