Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

:gaz: Praise Weed Galactus :gaz:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Here are my picks for most overhauled heroes post update:

Taskmaster - basically a mini martial power source Rogue now. Narrower in scope, but allows for maybe even greater customization of play style. You can spec into being a combo point hero, you can steal Cap's serum mechanic, you can spec into Elektra's stamina power source instead of spirit. You can grab powers from black widow, spider-man, daredevil, even a couple of heroes who aren't even in the game yet, like Black Knight.

Mr Fantastic - really, all of the fantastic four are really looking good now, but Mr F is so much fun it kills me. Gadgets and stretch powers are both viable as well as hybrid, and you can permanently be in his former signature giant bouncy ball form and it's hilarious and powerful. Specs allow to do crazy stuff like build up to 30 stacks or something equally crazy to power his giant laser beam (formerly that used 3 stacks).

Human Torch - Almost an entirely new hero. Spiritless/mana-less now, he works on an overheat mechanic that is basically pure upside while you have heat. His core kit is still there, but now you have flame tornadoes and screen wide aoes while you laugh maniacally. Having full heat does crazy stuff like just having your spender powers just straight up add another spender at the same time while you channel. Fireballs everywhere.

Storm - Now Spiritless as well! All powers build up your maelstrom gauge which causes huge storm powers to trigger automatically. She received and incredible amount of new and updated art and really feels like a one woman hurricane. You can focus more on lightning or wind and have all of her powers automatically spawn tornadoes or sky splitting columns of lightning independently on top of her maelstrom stuff and screen obscuring sig. feels super powerful and impressive

Some other heroes like Loki and Cyclops have a ton of new powers and play styles open, but I haven't been able to form a real opinion on them yet, but I love the way they look, at least

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Section Z posted:

Any insight Heroes who fall under "Don't worry too much about dying without keeping a hand hovering over defense skills", that can still conveniently reach/shoot enemies on the other side of the screen on demand? Or the at least convenient for mixing it up with both melee and ranged toys instead of "I gave my Cyclops one karate chop"

I saw the "Dashes and teleports are now charge based" bit in the OP, so that probably means I cant just nonstop shoulder tackle my way between literally every single enemy like I did with Thing when I first tried out this game ages ago.

A pleasant bonus would be a Hero who does not have the assumption of editing in more hotkeys or using Autohotkey for the player base's expectation of performance. I'm sure I'm overthinking things though, so whatever I end up using once I reinstall should be fine.

Taskmaster is a fun hybrid hero right now an can be built very tanky. Go combo points with a ranged filler attack and make your cooldowns mostly melee and you can stay at a distance while jumping in and out of melee range.

As far as dashing everywhere, Silver Surfer has actually retained nearly the level of movement he had prepatch and has some pretty absurd healing baked into his kit.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

My secret shame this patch is that I will be gearing out Ranged Moon Knight. (He has a new ranged sig option :o)

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I'm really digging all the perma or near perma sig options in the new system. Juggernaut can charge nearly indefinitely, I have like 1-2 seconds of downtime for dark phoenix, flamethrower as a spender for Big Pun, Nova isn't quite there but you can get down to one or two regular rotations before his sig comes off cooldown, star-lord and hulk can both build up two charges on their already 25s cooldown sigs...it's badass

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Whoooooole lotta people in this thread need to :gitgud:

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Mover posted:

I'm really digging all the perma or near perma sig options in the new system. Juggernaut can charge nearly indefinitely, I have like 1-2 seconds of downtime for dark phoenix, flamethrower as a spender for Big Pun, Nova isn't quite there but you can get down to one or two regular rotations before his sig comes off cooldown, star-lord and hulk can both build up two charges on their already 25s cooldown sigs...it's badass

100% uptime for all three tempests is possible on storm as well. Will be even better when freezing tempest is live tuned back on.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I'm gonna point out something that is maybe obvious to everyone else but I didn't realize and it left me wondering why my heroes seemed to fluctuate in power randomly from build to build and day to day:

In the training room, dummy hp scales with your current difficulty. Cosmic dummies have pretty wild amounts of hp. Make sure your comparisons between different heroes take that into account if you're, say, switching between an established character and one who hasn't passed that cosmic trial and is set to heroic.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

There are a bunch of new items even if you ignore that every artifact and core in the game was revamped to the point of unrecognizability.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Metrohunter posted:

starlord is good they made the pewpew better

Grenades are super fun once you get the rotation down and put some infinity towards dash reduction too

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Thing's jumping around abilities are great post patch. You can store multiple charges on your flying elbow drop and refund regular dodge charges at the same time, even before you turn into a giant hamster ball

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Also at this point you're getting at most +6 to a stat from infinity, coming in from capped omegas. And on a lot of heroes you want other stats first.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

💯 BRINGING BACK BIG RED NUMBERS 💯

Some of you may have been disappointing by the damage crunch making numbers smaller completely outside of any balance concerns, so here's a very preliminary build for Actual Fascist Capt. Marvel that I have bruting for 1-1.5 million every few seconds. This is without blessings or a legendary b/c I'm still just loving around with builds on every character.

Talents are set to:

1C
2A
3B
4B
5A

Slot Mighty Punch, Flying Lunge, Infused Uppercut, Crashdown Strike, Ground Shattering Smash, Radiant Cascade, Glimpse of Binary and Cosmic Haymaker.

Your whole strategy is building Photonic Energy as quickly as possible and dumping it into Cosmic Haymaker every time you have more than 50% while using Mighty Punch as filler. Grab as much max energy as you can via omegas, because your conversion rate gets ridiculous and those numbers go up fast. Try to Ground Shattering Smash as often as possible b/c it's an autocrit with the last talent AND has power scaling, so it hits as hard as Haymaker in a screen length cone. I recommenced slotting a Demonicus as you have a basic as filler. Can be hard to keep up against very mobile bosses, though.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

NecroMonster posted:

how do you do perma charge juggernaut?

It's just a talent you can pick, 5A. Then fill out your bar with momentum generators and invuln.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

i'm gonna be a dissenting opinion on ghost rider sucking--can't comment on chains but damnation is good as hell right now.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

MeLoki Hybrid Summoner/Enchanter Guide

I've been seeing a few people express confusion at Loki's new mess of talents and mechanics so here's my initial thoughts and how to build and what works/what doesn't.

So, Loki's talents kinda make it look like you want to specialize in one magic between Asgard/Hel/Muspelheim/Jotunheim. This is only kinda true. Jotunheim and Hel are both not great on their own, full Muspelheim can do an OK but boring Gram build if you like fire and Asgard is straight up the old summoner build with like one additional power. (That is, if you wanna just keep doing Summoner Loki from pre-patch, go full Light/Asgard and the one summoner talent and boom, you're done and completely viable.)

Let's take a look at two things: the tier 1 talent Otherworldly Journey, and the power Otherworldly Blast.

Now, Otherworldly Blast is nuts. It's not super damaging on its own, but look at that rider. You might not get the +30% bonus damage per power you'd get from specializing in one type of magic, but you get +10% and now every single one of your damage layers gets +100% damage, forever. Just be sure to Blast every layer you use--there's no cooldown.

Enchantment effects are basically every power in the left tree that's not a filler or Otherworldly Blast. You can check the tags. Now, the big thing here is that those buffs from Journey? They all stack, it's easy to get one of each type with the following setup, and all of them are great layers.

Gram isn't a great filler for this build because it's expensive, and you won't be maintaining enchantments to buff it because they get spent by Blasting. Staff Blast is ok if you wanna stay at range, but what I've been finding works best is actually keeping my summon gear on and using Spatial Deception (which still scales Hard with summoner stats) to fill out the rotation. Great damage, and the summons let you survive pretty well in melee even in the newly difficult Cosmic patrol zones and such.

This is all still changing a lot, obviously. If anyone sees any changes that work well here please let me know, big L is one of my favorite characters.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Nechronic posted:

Are there any other heroes that scale with every stat? I wonder what the highest amount of total stats you can get on him is.

If you steal taskmaster's passive on Rogue, she switches from dur/fight to all stats. just those two though

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

TTK thread on the oforums is showing Fantastic Dad and Cpt. Marvel as having roughly double the dps of the rest of the roster, if anyone wants to blow poo poo up on them for a bit.

Not much posted as of yet, to be fair.

e: the lesson here for anyone looking on how to build is that percent damage bonuses are king. I imagine Daredevil and possibly some of the other combo point heroes will post up a good time soon as well.

Mover fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jan 24, 2017

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Toshimo posted:

Bleh. So, they completely broke Carol's Photonics tree and it just doesn't work at all now. Who else makes for a good turret-like ranged DPS now?

Human Torch (best revamp in the update) who also gets free mortars launching off of his channeled turret skill and shits out fire tornadoes

Ghost Rider going full Damnation, ranged Iceman, and at least one Storm build can do the photonic devastation thing as well

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

Oh that's how they made Beast work

He's Juggernaut + Spider-Man + traps

e: his ult is fantastic

added you to beastplayers.xls

e:

quote:

Effects that reduce Spirit costs below 50% now function as intended. This includes the Spirit Cost Reduction stat, which no longer has a 50% cap.

glad this was a bug, that'll make a bunch of talents a lot more fun to play around with.

Mover fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jan 26, 2017

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Plz make summoner scale with tenacity

e: we will require a tenacity infinity node as well

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

wonder if they'll have to be farmed or if cosmic upgrade tokens'll get a second use, now that cosmic inisgnias are just a modest bonus.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

From GoKs to Glocks

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

The Dazzler omega node might be gone but Jubilee looks to be pretty fabulous

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

well, the big thing with that Gobbo build is that Goblin Gunner is movement tagged and fired 5/sec, so midtown signet is on for pretty much every attack and cooldown layer. Spidey doesn't really have something similar.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Right, but it's not like Spidey or Emma are gonna complain about another 2k to their defensive stat of choice. I almost wonder if they shouldn't make it a flat +percentage chance to dodge/small amount of mitigation instead just to keep defense->offense conversion more in line

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Wow--sad to see Gaz supporting rhino horn trading. Though most civilized countries had outlawed it :(

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Ol' Painless has a free 25% damage reduction and punisher's 10% damage reduction/25% missing health is better defense than any character gets from durability scaling. Literally how are you ppl dying on him

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I am extremely this 7 paragraph dev post having to justify why Jubilee's sunglasses are slightly translucent instead of solid pink

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Happy to report that gobcount insane brutal gearing also works out for Elektra.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

It's not polite to make fun of someone with a lisp

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Yeah if you do:

You do 1MM+ Bruts every 2-3 seconds and put down enough constant fire that you're always hitting and proccing something. And I could probably throw better artifacts on there too.

Have you tried this with Anti-Metal ammo? that 2.3k crit damage and 2.3k brut damage rating is looking mighty appealing, but it doesn't have much in the way of +stats.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Cyclops can hit all 3 now as well.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

El_Funko posted:

Did they remove the option to combine uniques of the same type into a new one? I thought I remembered that being an option on the Crafter, but I can't see it anymore.

Yep, gone with the big update in preparation for the move to omega items. In the mean time, all crafting prices have been dramatically lowered, and cosmic bosses will start having s chance to drop 500k credit chests with the next patch (cosmic artifacts/beast)

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Also uh apparently as of the most recent TC build Beast gets all 3 damage types for some reason. idk

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I've been noticing that recent team-ups have very well done but also very visually intrusive and dramatic VFX that shows up even if you have allied powers turned off. I wonder if that's part of the plan to get ppl to buy more vanity team ups, so they can't ignore you. Jubilee does look good though.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I would laugh at that lineup but also be super excited for it

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

we five manned a green muscles like the day the big patch came out when every was still wearing outdated gear and trying out new heroes they never played before so

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Well, this patch dropped cosmic artis and a whole mess of new endgame artifacts, so along with getting perfect catalysts is a really good reason to do max level content if you don't care about prestige colors/leveling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Bigger red numbers