Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Game is very strange now. Seems like a lot of characters lost a lot of powers to be honest but I suppose having all of your powers and not having to worry about ranks is nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Cuchulain posted:

I'm looking forward to only having one action bar on Rocket.

Yeah maybe people like doctor strange are actually playable with out 90 hotkeys.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Man it's the secret. Owns.

I intend on playing again. I'm not done. I just, you know, need things to do.

Not take my 402,303,929th lap around Midtown.

Is playing the "Biggest Update Ever!" for Marvel Heroes 2016 not a reward unto itself?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I just wonder if they're gonna remove the 2016 or forget about it.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Cease to Hope posted:

So is the original, now-unobtainable pre-order Symbiote Spider-Man costume. (Not that that helps anyone who doesn't already have it.)

The symbiote costume has its own dialog I think? It's voiced by him too but it's also maximum rear end in a top hat Spider-Man which I don't think the others do.

Not that I get tired of hearing Spider-Man ask the punisher how his family is doing.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

All beasts look alike.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

A lot of debate going on about who is the best hero in here. So I ask.

Who is the worst? Who is the least fun, most tedious, most annoying to look at, worst animation wise?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51pWiaQgz4w

I saw this and thought of this thread.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

You have to buy all of the packs and you don't even get underwear Wolverine!?

LOOKS LIKE PC WINS AGAIN! :smug:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

lovely Wizard posted:

Should just toss all ultimate founders $200 of G's and sell Symbiote Spiderman and Naked Wolverine again.

They should because then they'd have to actually upgrade them so they don't look like poo poo.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Cosmics.... piled high

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Since everyone is writing guides here's mine.

When should you cosmic?
Never.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I never realized this was sitting at an average population of 500 players. I figured it was bigger than that.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I was just going off steam player numbers. Which now that I think about it might not be everyone because the old launcher wasn't on steam was it.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

It's so strange that out of marvel heroes and warframe that both launched around the same time that this was the one that petered out. Everything seemed to be going so well and then just updates slowed to a trickle and suddenly everyone left the staff.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

If they were smart all hero boxes would be blind loot boxes that you pay for. And all dropped loot would be a loot box that you have to pay to open. With a chance for that box to just have another box in it.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I'm sure if I sat down and thought about it I could say what the best time period was but thinking about on it off the cuff it really does feel like every stage of the game was always "Yeah but this NEXT NEW EXCITING THING is gonna be even better!" Yet that better never came. It was always the next thing will be better and then it came out and it was a little disappointing.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Personally I will never forget symbiote spiderman and his angry voice over. The best part of marvel heroes even to this day.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Cosmic... NEVER!

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Kelp Plankton posted:

i mean, the PC userbase left because they were used to beta-test content that got released on the PS4 and not PC in any form at all. its ok if you didnt like the game but what happened to it was a lot more complicated than how you personally felt about the gameplay

Yeah dumping the game for a console port that was already behind the pc version is never a good idea. It can work out like with warframe and stuff but you have to build confidence that whatever version is first isn't gonna be abandoned.

It's a lot easier to see a console release as a reset button but it just never works out that way.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

HebrewMagic posted:

I'm one of those losers who loved just hearing all the characters interact with each other - usually just a quip, sometimes a throwback to an old story or something.

Best line to this day is probably still Juggy: "I'm on a roll! And not like my step brother Chuck."

Nothing topped rear end in a top hat Spider-Man asking how Frank's family was doing today. Symbiote voice over was such a raging rear end in a top hat.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I like how they only give you one like WOAH HEY THERE DONT GET GREEDY NOW.

Trove is the only thing close to good they put out. Maybe defiance if you hate yourself and love bad shooters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

So sad they didn’t make it long enough to get bought by tencent.