Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

Woah, looks like you've got no choice except going all-in on spirit cost reduction for Switch now.

http://auth.marvelheroes.com

edit: Except they just completely nerfed that mechanic at the same time - I'm sure it'll be balanced now?

Baby Proof fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Dec 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

pokchu posted:

i then logged out because i had a panic attack upon seeing my inventory and overflow completely full

I only abused my overflow a little bit and it takes a couple minutes to scroll through everything, let alone actually find anything I'm looking for.

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

Dr. VonHugenstein posted:

"Because the new Operation Omega isn't quite finished, we're also going to be running a very special event to celebrate the conclusion of Legion Season 1! Enjoy a 50% XP boost for Legion's "Unstoppable" step-uncle, Juggernaut!"

Got to save some development time to squeeze in a Juggernaut nerf!

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

Has anyone tried movement spiderman? I couldn't get the hang of using his dashes / backflip in combat, but I'm terrible at movement builds.

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

The only conscientious thing to do is to leave Nick Fury white.

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

Reading the patch notes for this week while it downloads 3.3 gigs for some reason:

• Wealth of King’s County is this week's lootsplosion creator. You can get industry city cards with a minuscule chance of something good. 0% XP bonus unless you're in Industry City! Anything good at the event vendor?
  • Kaecilius Terminal added. What does he drop? (Dark Dimension Medallions? Books?)
  • Danger Room tweaks for faster phase completion.
  • Level 80 Golden Bow of Apollo nerf
  • Medkit now heals for 20% of health instantly + regen. Have to see how that works with the 25% catalyst affix...
  • Fixes for chapter 4 story bugs. I guess you can use your teamups again.
  • Enchanter accidentally got kicked from the training room.

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

Looks like a normal good roll except for that lousy attack speed.

Baby Proof fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Apr 14, 2017

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

If it's shameful admission time, I'm almost done with the daily login treadmill.

The 1000 day reward? "Random Vanity Pet"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

Once you get all the catalyst affix recipes at crafter level (8?), you might as well wait until the next event that gives you lots of stackable items to sell for credits. There is the reroll artifact recipe and the costume masher, but they're way up at level 18 and 20, and ferrying individual items back to the vendor is never fun.

Baby Proof fucked around with this message at 13:39 on May 8, 2017

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

The anniversary event's gotten me back to logging in every day, and I'm having a good time with the current state of the game. Gaz put enough splinters in the anniversary vendor to get a few teamups that I wanted to try, there's stuff to spend armor/worldstone/danger room credits on (still nothing new in the omega files vendor), and the danger room leaderboards are encouraging me to try new builds and use a modicum of skill/concentration. And if you want to prestige, Odin boxes are giving about a million XP a box, un-boosted.

I have to say that I hope that the omega equipment never arrives. There's no chance that they're going to come up with items that make play more interesting for 50+ different heroes, (though the inevitable bugs and broken balance may be fun for a while). When your sole competitive advantage is the IP, why would you throw away a good chunk of your lore-related stuff? Just give us lvl 72/75 uniques with a new play mode to earn it in. If they have actually come up with a fun proc or two, they can throw them on an any-hero unique.

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

malkav11 posted:

So did artifacts completely stop dropping? If not, how the hell do I get them to drop? I'm running a zillion boosts and literally the only ones I've gotten since I popped back in for the anniversary event are ones from the orange boxes and maybe one from a mystic mayhem coffer. Hell, I got some random legendary I've never heard of (a Shard of the Dark Dimension) to drop and no artifacts.

There's lots of options for low-level artifacts - you buy them from Clea, craft them, buy a box, get a few from white-prestige story rewards, and I think you can get some from shield boost boxes. But they don't really seem to drop anymore other than a few 50s-level ones.

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

Humerus posted:

I guess this is what I don't get, I was under the impression the first two FF movies did poorly and the newest one even more, yet Fox and Marvel are having some weird contest about a franchise that basically nobody cares about.
In a game that nobody cares about.

What confuses me is why a one-day notice super secret removal? Either the disney liaison is some intern that thinks people care about an old dead game, or Gaz has really screwed up with Marvel and promised to remove the F4 a year ago.

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

davebo posted:

Well Milana Vayntrub got cast to play Squirrel Girl in some tv show so now I'm finally on board with Squirrel Girl.

Wait, does this mean that Logan Force members are allowed to play a second hero now?

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

i had 9 of 10 of those runs today so they definitely delivered their usual level of quality

:eng101: The guys with pistols are actually enemies and not typical newspaper union members.

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

So full omega prestige is only ~125x the normal 0-60 XP? How long would that take on console, it doesn't seem that high!?

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

cams posted:

don't know how it will end up working on pc because the pc version is dead and doesn't matter, but on console you have to get a character to max level prestige, then craft the thing to grant them omega prestige. from there, you do indeed have the opportunity to prestige 70 times. the first 10 prestiges are supposed to be leveling at a normal rate, though right now on consoles it seems to be taking 20% longer for the first 10 prestiges. dunno if this is intentional.

they are not adding 10 levels, it is indeed 70 prestiges where every time you prestige you get +1 to each of your primary stats. also 10 of your primary defensive stats per prestige, which is pretty funny.

Extrapolating from that to how difficulty will scale in the future:
They've learned from the PC version that our favorite opponent is the training dummy. All future high-difficulty bosses will be big blobs of HP that do no damage.

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Come play Density 2. It’s both dead AND alive! And lots of people are playing it.

But can it match my Marvel Heroes cost ratio of 2 cents spent per hour played?

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

Anyone have a video of a good Hulk /lol party? That one always cracked me up. Pirate Deadpool, not so much.

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

In honor of the role spreadsheets and math had in the development of Marvel Heroes, here's the SALR top 30 results for the seven MH threads.

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

Here you go, all the results in one easy to read chart:

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

davebo posted:

That spreadsheet seems flawed. I'm almost positive I didn't completely stop posting after the first thread?

On the up side, with Marvel Heroes gone I actually got some work done at home last night. I just don't see myself getting sucked into another massive timesink game like this. I think I'll just bounce around more superficial titles with a story mode.

It's just taken from the SALR top 30 poster stats, so you don't show up if you're not in the top 30 for the thread. I'm afraid that you couldn't keep up with the pace of meaningful posts and valuable content after the first thread.

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

They haven't taken down all the servers yet, I'm sure the real omega patch will be released any day now:

auth.marvelheroes.com/marvelheroes/clusterstatus.png

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

The first Monday without midtown madness is the toughest... Anyone have a good "way, way, too much loot" screenshot?

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

So I uninstalled from Steam today and finally dared to look at my total shame:

$89.89, almost all spent on stash space during the first two years. Not too bad, but easily more than I've spent on any other game.

And :gonk: 4223 hours oh god that's 8 months of waking hours logged in to this thing not even counting the time before I ran it on steam

So 2 cents per hour running the game, none of it spent in the last year or two. It was me, I'm the reason the game died.

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

On the other hand, all my mistakes in this game also came to nothing:

Vendoring 50 million in credit chests at once-> 50 mil was nothing by BUE time
Destroying one of nickhimself's magic cosmics -> Took me a few hours to replace
Not soaking the trade barons when I found that sweet Wasp insignia -> Well, I still regret never getting a Zod rune
Not getting a decent caption for skrybbles' Teletubbies avatar -> He hasn't posted in 6 months

4300 hours of my life -> :cripes:

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

At least Brevik understands the essentials for making a great game...

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

The 1st time I saw a Black Panther promo wearing the hooded costume I assumed it was Shuri cuz of seeing this in game so often.

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

I think the Aussies may have out-Dennied Denny's! That's American cheese and cheese sauce - beef patty and bacon and a beef/bacon meat sauce, plus tater tots and that disgustingly awesome roll.

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

you linked that so many times and I never did figure out why

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

X

I call the one who rushes skull and breaks the 1-phase kill on the stairs.

Baby Proof fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Dec 2, 2019

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

I feel like Wanda had the most distinct ways of being broken across the life of a game that had so many ridiculous builds. From powers triggering other powers early on, Bewildering Hex working on absolutely everything, being able to regenerate more damage than anything could put out, stupid amounts of teleports, Unmake Reality just erasing opponents, and plenty more that I'm forgetting, she (&Wiccan) really made you feel like a force of nature.

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

Somehow I never got the cow level achievement. And apparently there was a PVP mode in the game - who knew?

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

I remember playing every one of these except Vision - absolutely no memory of Vision's gameplay

Oh, wait, his assets were in the client, so they just had to enable them, right?

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

Is it even a real mmo if you can't invite the whole guild to one area, pop boons, and crash the server?

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

I gave it a go, and I can see the Marvel Heroes connection. Getting 8 skills at level one, trying to spam them all on cooldown and losing track of where my mouse was on the screen gave me that MH feel, along with everyone speedrunning the plot and having tons of currencies to collect. I could see myself wasting way too much time on this with a half-decent guild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

MH Knights posted:

When will the servers be turned off?
Surely they'll keep them up until December 31st...