Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I accidentally posted about this game in another thread and now I'm missing it again. Have ordered six hot dogs for dinner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Log in before they do because you can still earn the 2019 "Professor X'mas" skin for Juggernaut.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

it was all downhill when they decided they needed more cash and the only solution was console

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Bloodly posted:

I don't follow. It's not like the game used enough buttons that there'd be a problem with conversion.
no it played fine. the issue was they froze developing anything for the pc version except for half-assed backports of the stuff they changed for the console version because they didn't have the workforce to maintain two separate versions except come release whoops someone decided all the itemisation would change on console so now that's exactly what they were doing.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I was okay sacrificing a teleport for forever-charging because being efficient is great but watching models rag doll away from your head while screaming about google was also great.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Thunder Sheep posted:

So a lot of you already know this, but we recently tried to buff the splinter drop rate on the *ahem* and that resulted in eternity splinters dropping virtually never. (I admire everyone's commitment to making this experience as Gaz-like as possible) Looks like the only way to increase splinter drops is through, unsurprisingly, some sort of buff to your character.

To help some of the newer players while we get this figured out, I threw together this tier list so you have an idea who to prioritize while splinters are scarce.

Splinters should be fixed around the time we get Moleman to start spawning again. In the meantime enjoy our extended WandaVision event and make sure you grab your free 1950s Black and White Scarlet Witch or Vision costume!
okay who leaked access to tony bing?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Vision was great. He had a density toggle between light and heavy that altered his melee attacks and travel power, and he had an entire tree dedicated to spreading fires absolutely every loving where.
Going super dense mode then just running through midtown with mooks bouncing off you like a mini juggernaut before unleashing the power of the sun on Moleman and the server.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Vision was awkward to play but he could do the damage to back it up. My main issue was always that part of it required lasering a straight line and then hoping whatever boss you were fighting was polite enough to stand in the fire instead of just loving off across the screen like every single boss that wasn't a giant raid boss did (who were already outside the geometry that the fire could exist in).

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

this thread should only be closed when the game comes back.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Not literally though or he'd be a higher tier.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I suggest buying a couple of boxes for resale when Revised comes out.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

loving libelling Marvel Heroes there.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

lmbo

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I will hear no ill words about Magic: the Gathering™ (1997)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

:same:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I saw a streamer enable shadows and it was :lol: at how it made the game look significantly darker but no better.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I would just be happy to have the old content.

I played Last Epoch and made a Captain America but it isn't the same.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

You have to read all 500 of the lore dialogues to find out.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Hot dog that's a great letter

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

icr does it again

https://www.pcgamer.com/magic-legends-is-closing-down-permanently-in-october/

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

how many hot dogs should you have to eat on stream to get access to it

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

It's pretty cheap to keep up a website that nobody looks at.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Bloodly posted:

Looking at that site, there's a bunch of things I don't remember. Keeps referring to Talents and Traits. Were they things planned, but never done?
No, that was the last major revamp of the game to bring it more in-line with where they were going with the console version. the passive trees were completely removed and replaced by a few tiers of choices where within each tier you just took one of a few options of Talent bonuses, and Traits were just how they handled displaying the unique or class based aspects of the character that weren't optional, like a hero is a bruiser so they have a trait saying they get damage bonuses from strength and durability stats.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e6yXmxdsyA

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

waiting for them to patch in juggernaut to vampire survivors.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Sorry, but #1 Anthony is reserved for Tony Bing.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

activating buffs every 16 seconds to save server time

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

the private server is so accurate to the game you can buy retired and unlisted character packs by navigating to an unlisted store page.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Midtown Madness is back on the menu boys

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I really just want to drive a flaming motorcycle around a map without having to get off to fight or loot.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Soothing Vapors posted:

u guys think the switch flipper is in hell or what
or the nearest equivalent - working for a company where the start of in-game events are scheduled with code instead of being manually initiated by a comically large frankenstein's lab style switch on the wall.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

The game was so bare metal I would be surprised if the server could even be restarted let alone setup on another computer.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

death cob for cutie posted:

i hate how this thread gets my hopes up every time I see it
keep hope alive, they found the city of heroes server eventually

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Call me when we can grind and not a moment sooner

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

yeah, it doesn't sound from the github like they have any actual server software - they've just cracked the communication protocol, which means they need to reverse engineer not just how the server notifies the client of things like spawned enemies and loot, but what those enemies and loot would even be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

it wasn't just the disagree button - we also got the lol button removed because we started using that instead