Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Blade's primary resource should be wooden knives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Toshimo posted:

Anyone have a summoner Doom build to share?

Pierce the Veil / Worthless Cretin / Unthinkable / Latverian Air Defense / Latverian War Drums / Technical Tyrant / Impending Doom / Channeled Torment

You Cannot Run / Eternal Guardians / Deploy Doombots / Magic Supreme / Doom's Legions

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Yes, because the 66/69 unique recipes were implemented for the exact purpose of serving as stepping stones into cosmics.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Good changes. What are they doing about all the non-functioning cosmic terminal achievements.

And can Asros change his goddamn twitter pic.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Midnightghoul posted:

Well at least now we know why Kamala Khan isn't playable

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I wonder what's happening on the TC regarding bounty boxes

quote:

From my testing (all xp values are 200% synergy, 0% server side):

Double xp orbs - garbage considering they're 26k xp per orb and only 30 drop so 780k from a bounty box
Massive xp nerf to cosmic terminal bosses - now only 12 orbs drop at 154k xp = 1.848m xp
As a point of comparison, CMM bosses are 8 orbs * 821k xp for 6.56m xp, and they are much faster to farm
Minimum kills per bounty box is 125, which is almost every mob for smaller stages (hood, doc oc)
Only reason I can ever see anyone doing terminals after these changes is farming cosmic artifacts or 3b MODOK/Doctor Doom (if their bounty boxes can drop artifacts for minibosses).

Why can't all cosmic difficulty zones have similar xp/hr but different item rewards?

quote:

Indeed. Cosmics give such crap rewards. I'm wondering more and more if they actually play the game themselves. There is no reason to have the rewards as they are now if they do indeed play the game. The shoddy rewards were ok when cosmics were the way they were. But now when they actually take an effort it is not cool getting the same reward as old faceroll cosmic.

Asros posted:

Of course we play the game. That doesn't mean that we agree with everything that players want.

Cool. Cool cool cool.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

It's finally time to make artifacts great again.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Make me guild leader so I can stop playing.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Just pretend I'm injured or something.
I've nee pretending for six years now.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Why would davebo use jubilee when wolverine himself is a team up

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

If anybody's curious about the state of Colossus - he's so bad I made an O care post about how he actually deals less damage the more difficult the content you're doing is.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Nah, the developers just know how worthless the bonus is.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Grinding terminal based legendary quests, or legendary quests in general.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Real talk though...is this what loving Beast looks like? I feel like I'm seeing the 3rd visual in an evolution diagram.
Beast has been in a weird place in comics for a while where what he looks like seems to be completely up to the artist drawing him because someone established at some point that the 'beastness' part of his mutation is an ongoing mutation so who cares.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Applying challenge bonuses to your gear is going to have more of an effect on your ability to do those extra dots than shaving a few seconds off your sig or ult.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

There's no changes. They've phased out the buffs and aren't offering them anymore, but they still function exactly the same.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

LordSaturn posted:

Can you be more detailed about this? Is "do whatever your legendary quest says at all times" really the fastest way to grind XP? People talk about getting to level 60 in four hours, I just can't see how that's possible...
Once you're out of Story quests it's pretty much all there is left that will consistently give an experience reward. The fastest fastest way that I know of, once you're out of Story, is to only do Terminal LQs by rerolling all the time - which you need a huge bankroll to do and I personally don't think is worth it unless you're racing a whole bunch of boosts ticking down.

LordSaturn posted:

People have talked about taking a brand-new account to its first 60 in four hours and I just do not believe that, based on my experiences so far.
I have no idea how people can be doing that beyond just whaling out on a bunch of potions, but then I haven't levelled with less than +270% for quite a while now so my perspective is completely skewed.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I voted :five: for everyone just so Gaz doesn't get discouraged.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

My problem is I play all the lovely people so I only got to vote 5 once, and that was Ultron.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I can't even evaluate the dash changes because my 600+ latency means that if there's an invincibility frame on the dash then it must take place paradoxically during the animation of me moving out of the way of an easily avoidable attack but also before I get rolled back halfway across the screen with most of my life missing.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Bug Fixes:

Colossus damage resistance from Armor changed to 60%, because I guess when we tested 80% and decided on 80% then wrote 80% on the tooltip it was never supposed to be 80%

Uniques and other items in Midtown Patrol no longer drop at level 57 for level 60 heroes. Technically this is just a bug move since all we did was move it into Cosmic Terminals. By July we hope to have knocked it into X-Defense where nobody will ever notice it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I did 6 in regular MM. Grinding kills is faster and with the bosses being utterly worthless you don't feel bad skipping them.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Story mission XP nerf for level 60s - because I guess people were gaining orbs too quickly in the system that will already take thousands of hours to soft-cap.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Those are terrible colors Sue what are you doing?
Well she's obviously the bad guy because she's wearing purple and green.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Man, I really liked Tesla Coil as well.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Nerfing the duration and damage makes it an awful talent because the only reason it's really good in the first place is a bug causing it to inherit hyperstatics' guaranteed crits.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

It adds something to an existing skill, so it makes sense that it gains whatever effects that skill has. It also inherits the +30% cooldown synergy damage bonus.

It's still stronger than the base hyperstatic inducer damage and the gadget build is still really good
It makes a lot more sense that a static turret inheriting +45% damage and +100% crit from two talents that don't even mention it is an oversight. Because of the inheritance, nerfing the talent itself rather than its overpowered interactions with other talents means that if you want to take that talent and have it be balanced you also need to take the other(s) that feed into it; whereas altering the interaction that makes it do way more damage than it was intended would result in being able to take the Tesla Coil talent in a vacuum without it dictating your other choices due to being balanced with the assumption you're making GBS threads out crits and bruts on it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Micro Nullifier also does energy damage, and your other choice on that tier allows you to get it down to around 15 seconds effective cooldown - although again that's dependent on you taking Fully Functional Devices for a different reason.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

This sounds suspiciously like Nephilim Valor from vanilla Diablo III.

That was not a good game mechanic. Not. At. All.
It's more an experience bar except when you fill it up you get a satisfying spurt of loot instead of a level.

Also, their decision to let you roll the duration of 5 stacks of potion with 1 is so calculated.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

The only bad thing about Squirrel Girl is they're really dragging the chain on costumes

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

^^^That's Siege's Targeting System (story reward boxes or ARMOR currency) and The Book of Demonicus (Dr Strange Event)

T is the default button to display the hero list.

Ghostlight fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Feb 12, 2017

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I'm hoping Magneto's Compressed Shrapnel can benefit from this because it's a really lengthy animation that regularly gets me hit by not smoothly cancelling into a dash.

Also I hope they've gone through and fixed every single one of Colossus' animations so that he isn't striking half a second before dealing damage.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

The correct way to play Human Torch is to burn fuckers at range.

I've never really gotten into him, but find one of the powers that gets a damage bonus based on how many damage over time effects enemies have and take powers that do those as well. Personally I just like how visually satisfying his homing fireballs are.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Cease to Hope posted:

colossus is the LFest character

it's not entirely clear if he's actually a communist or not but he's definitely bad and boring
He also spent a lot of effort on trying to date a 14 year old.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Luke Cage sucks the most of all the characters I've spent a good amount of time with.

The radius for Cage Was Here is so small now that it's jockeying with Steel Cyclone for patheticness, leaving him with basically no good aoe for taking on trash. His talent to make Concrete and Vehicular finishers only provides a full-combo point buff for using Concrete so instead of having two or three Cage Fighting buffs rolling around with Vehicular providing combo points you instead have one or two and no instant-full combo point button. The Heroes summons are deliberately placed so you can't really play him as a 'summoner'. To top it all off, they rolled the clock back like three years so that one of his basics has a longer range than any of your non-ranged finishers will hit at, so if you use his Dropkick or Dempsey Roll you have to be prepared to have them constantly whiff because he's a couple of pixels too far away.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

To be fair, they have actually delivered some really good changes recently.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

The infographic is actually quite old at this point, and predates the recent complete rework of every single character. Some characters, like Cyclops or Punisher, or even Captain America, should probably drop off for more interesting characters.

Some characters you can get a good feel for by 10, others you need to wait longer to get a full toolkit really. Deadpool is a pretty 'easy' character (and probably one that should be recommended) since you don't need to worry about resource management, and he can go melee or ranged or a hybrid of both which gives him a good amount of gear choices, as well as giving you access to an 8% damage reduction pure ranged characters won't have.

Unfortunately with the sheer number of characters we have now it's easier to recommend ones by an expected playstyle rather than just as individual heroes. Are you looking for melee/ranged, bruiser/glass cannon, cooldowns/resource based, that sort of thing.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I love Colossus but he deals such poo poo damage and has talents that alternatively sabotage his survivability or have <10% effectiveness on Cosmic difficulty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

PureRok posted:

Well, I got through the trials with Spider-Man when the trials were first added, and now I can't get through it with anyone else. That's why I thought they made it harder.
They have made it harder than it was at first, but they also recently made it easier so it is currently harder than it was originally but not as hard as it was a few months ago.