Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
whens fantasy football start? we doing that again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

HandsomeBen posted:

Was really hoping for some more substantial poo poo than that. I'll have nothing else to play when this game dies. I am completely baffled at the idea of making a second playable Thor. So many heroes to choose from and they decide to add another Thor.

if you like arpgs check out diablo or poe.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Is this why wawa is better?

Pulled pork sandwich from Sheetz.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

Not even the same bun. Fake news.

makes it worse if true

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Grinning Goblin posted:

I'm so glad I don't live near a wawas or a sheetz

Same. Quick trip or bust.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

mystic pimp posted:

What's the odds Gaz abandons the PC version to focus on consoles? Is the PS4 version even worth whaling out all over again? It looks inferior in every way.

console players don't care about inferior products because they play on a console instead of a pc.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Someone injected a hot load of sunk cost fallacy into their blood stream I see.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

cams posted:

this need to make value judgments about how people feel about video games is sooooo bizarre to me. internet tribalism.

i like this gaaaaame

You're free to like the game but do know its objectively a bad game especially so when compared to its competition. Randomly deleting peoples progress, taking away content, releasing no new content for a really long time etc etc.

Like this games a good progress quest but not a good actual video game. It's cookie clicker with better graphics.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

cams posted:

cool edit

i disagree, it is a decent overall aprg with TONS of variety.

Have you played the other 2 arpgs worth mentioning for a decent amount of time? 200+ hours.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

cams posted:

hi, there is not a single possible situation where the time, money, and energy spent on this toy would not be "wasted." the fact that you think otherwise is indicative of your brain being defective. fix yourself.

euthanize all gamers.

stop projecting

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

This leaves no other options.

He must amputate his legs. Don't let the corruption spread.

I would never. Wawa is a healthy option compared to most. And you can fill up your gas and use the tinkler in a very very clean restroom.

IS WAWA the QT of the east coast?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Naturally, I would love to and hope to. I travel way too much now but the good thing is I've been deprived of PC gaming for so long that I'm actually itching to come and play something for awhile. And loot games similar to this are my favorites.

Logging in won't be a chore anymore in a game--it'll be because it's fun and I want to. YAAAASSSS!

def doing poe

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
a bunch of blind mother fuckers ITT. But you guys eat at sheetz so you probably don't even look at the food you eat.

Edit: They're also updating graphics as they go also. Act 1 has been updated with better visuals and the water now looks really good. The later acts 6-10 look good as well. If you still think it looks like diablo 2 you're just doing poes law at this point.

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jun 23, 2017

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Gibbering Madness posted:

PoE's Law = man must run with human fecal matter in pantaloon

What's marvel heroes law? Because you guys move slower then poe players who are at end game.

MH Law = Man must become yellow because that's our only content.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Subscription model GROSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Do it! It's worth it!

I tried gw2 a couple times. Never hooked me. I think I'm too used to the Holy trinity. However I hear they fixed a lot of the bad in the current xpac

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
MH is a good game just look at the proof.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
I think you'll like this loz if you stick with it. You seem to be into min/maxxing builds in MH to get that top tier TTK. In this game you can min/max your build to get that sweet super fast clearing. Or just making something crazy work. Yes you have to re-level but once you get good it's like 6 hours out of your life. And there are offline programs that let you plan out your builds to an extent so you can know it will work and you just need the items. Then as you get higher or get a new item you can adjust it.

There's a streamer who is popular because he is really good at the game but he is also really good at creating builds that no one has thought of. MH looks to have given you guys lots of hours. This game will do the same.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Cease to Hope posted:

POE is a clusterfuck of bad design decisions, Japanese F2P cell phone game UI, and ugly environments that kind of makes me want to die, namaste

lol

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Also, that it lacked trap decisions and didn't punish you for lack of systems mastery

also for people who wanted a game to be worth playing past the weekend which diablo 3 is not.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

cams posted:

this post would make you think you read reddit

we're all redditors who paid 10 bucks to post on a dead gay form. Makes you think.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

cams posted:

in my head, reddit is better moderated than this place and i could not blatantly personally attack people as much

i also feel like this forum format encourages people to continue the dumbness, like that guy bringing up a slapfight from last week. i'll miss this place once i finally get perma'd.

so, omega items and difficulty coming to consoles in 3 days. i am actually legitimately excited to play around with it. curious about things like drop rates, crafting recipes, etc.

that's because on the whole SA moderates itself. If you are acting a fool you will get poo poo on usually. Sometimes wrongly so but usually the person deserved it. And I take back my comment because it's easy as gently caress to trip over a pedophile apologist on reddit but that seems to be a rarity here or if they do pipe up they get poo poo on hard. Or maybe i avoid the pedo sub forums?

also trolling is allowed on SA because it can be funny. Where as on reddit you would just get down voted or the comment removed or banned depending on your subreddit.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
is cams an officer?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

randombattle posted:

It's so strange that out of marvel heroes and warframe that both launched around the same time that this was the one that petered out. Everything seemed to be going so well and then just updates slowed to a trickle and suddenly everyone left the staff.

Well one is ultimately controlled by another entity which has to worry about other platforms for their IP. The other is not. I'm sure if marvel had let them do whatever they wanted this ship wouldn't be as far sunk as it is.

There is also the fact that there is no competition for warframe really. Meanwhile MH has to compete with diablo and path of exile.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Cease to Hope posted:

destiny, borderlands

borderlands correct me if im wrong isnt on a central server(like i cant go jump around with 30 other people in the same zone) and can you trade guns you find to other people? Destiny is barely an FPS ARPG which is what I consider warframe.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Percelus posted:

there is no way a competently done marvel game like this wouldn't do gangbusters though i'm hoping they yanked the license with something in mind

what company could do it? EA would gently caress it up. Blizzard has diablo. GGG has path of exile. You can't give it to a tripple A publisher because they will just pay to win the gently caress out of it.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Erdricks posted:

This is never going to get emulated, at least in a way that makes it visible to the public. Disney will come down on any emulators like a fire axe. This is not a situation like vanilla wow or phantasy star emulators where the company turned a blind eye because it kept fanboys engaged and wasn't obviously hurting the bottom line in any meaningful sense.

Disney is evil and unrelenting when it comes to IP enforcement. Just Google if you have any doubts.

blizzard doesnt turn a blind eye. The problem is the ones still around are in countries they can't legally do poo poo about. So if the server is hosted in russia disney cant do poo poo.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

jujojoh posted:

So is it likely that disney pulled the plug due to a pedophile CEO?

On the list but probably way down the list. If game was good they could just hire a new ceo.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

McSpanky posted:

To everyone here whom supports GAZ, and their game: Marvel Heroes Omega: I say, why don't we all make threats to Disney/Marvel, that we will no longer go to their theme parks, buy their games, movies, etc, will no longer watch their movies, buy any of their products, or support them ever again...not mention, not to trust them ever again, for anything....."however unless they come through on their part, by being fair to GAZ..by Disney/Marvel doing whatever necessary, to come back to an agreement between them and GAZ, that will allow for issuance of re-licensing of the game through Disney/Marvel, and to give back the well deserved jobs of the employees of GAZ, so they can continue on with their greatest legacy, by them to be able to continue to make the game awesome like it is now, through all the sacrifices all the employees at GAZ has made, just to make the game awesome like it is now. Thanks GAZ! For everything you've all sacrificed, and done..just to make this game awesome!!! I hope to see that your company be saved, and that you all may be able to continue on with your game, so everyone can continue to enjoy playing it.

nahhh movies are good unlike this game

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Azran posted:

I kind of dislike the fact that partying isn't really A Thing in PoE, most people prefer to go at it solo because of the way the party system (and its effect on loot and monsters) is set up. And I say this as someone who has done a couple of leagues.

It's not a thing cause of the way loot works and most people are greedy rear end holes, and some specs can be outright detrimental if paired together but if you do party and do it right it's far superior to solo. You clear faster and are safer (if you're running an aurabot). You also get more loot when grouping. And as far as simple game play goes, I put about 300 hours in MH and 1200 in poe and I press far less buttons in POE then I ever did while playing a character in MH. Most of my characters in PoE are one button dudes and the guy I'm playing now doesn't press any buttons besides some buffs every so often. I like that there isn't a rotation in PoE like MH had. If I wanted a rotation I'd go play wow.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

cams posted:

i have not posted anything of value in years and this forum still returns value. near marvel heroes level ratios.

but no for real poe is one of the least enjoyable argps i've ever played and it is a shame because they do a good job with the numbers. i genuinely do not like playing the game at all. if they took, for instance, titan's quest and gave it a poe level depth to itemization i'd play that.

did you do atziri? Uber Atziri? Shaper? Uber lab? The boss for the current league? I agree just grinding maps endless can be boring. But those things I listed change it up. Also figuring out your own builds is fun as well to some people. You said you did 4 different good builds so I assume you used guides so maybe try to come up with your own build if you ever go back. They also changed up the atlas end game this league to where you have to do all kinds of maps to stop the aids spreading on your map to fight shaper or elder and his guardians. It's pretty cool!

The only thing future fight and poe have in common is they regularly release new content. Something this garbage gently caress game you vehemently defend stooped doing a year ago before it was killed off.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Drythe posted:

Why are you responding to an actual retard?

ehh, it didn't come off as a full retard post. If all he did was maps then ya.. that's boring. So I was curious if he tried anything else.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Strange Matter posted:

Disney is moving ahead with plans to buy all of Fox's content, which I guess would include X-Men/FF.

The mutants we could have had...

why could have? Now that the movie rights will be back with the mother ship won't we see them in movies and games more? They only hated on xmen because they didn't have the rights to xmen movies and thus were not making money off of it. Or that's how I understood it. Thought it was just a goon thing saying that marvel actually hates xmen.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

super sweet best pal posted:

It's a new augmented reality event where you run around in the street shouting your favorite quotes from the game.

Costumes! Look out!

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2018/1/31/16952652/david-brevik-it-lurks-below-announcement

diablobound. Could be good. Both those games were good in there own right.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Erdricks posted:

I was watching TJQ stream earlier this week and brevik was talking about how he does not like early access because something something not selling a product until it is done something something ethics something something.

i mean, a lot of early access games are complete poo poo so I kind of understand. I'd much prefer to wait till the game is done then play half finished garbage. Throw your twitch in here can't guarantee I'll watch but I probably will.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Gibbering Madness posted:

I would rather eat a tidepod thingburger than play vermintide

new poe league in a few weeks. Just wait for that and you can once again walk with poop in your pants.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
I’m the 7 burn bridges.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
I should have stayed at Google.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Zaodai posted:

I can't tell if you're joking or not, but an item budget would work a bit like Point Buy systems in RPG character creation. An item has X amount of points (say 100) as its budget, which should be consistent among all items of the same tier, to keep them "fair". Each stat on an item would cost a certain amount of points based on how good it is perceived to be in their system. So a point of Speed might cost 3 points and a point of Strength might cost 5.

Does difficulty in obtaining an item ever factor in? Like some games have legendaries and relics that are super good. So do they follow the budget? Or do the follow the Darth Vader budget where you go over on everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
I could see marvel giving video games a real shot when their "can never lose" movie game starts go die down. Maybe? Like why waste effort on games right now when they can pump out a movie and make back a billion+ for 100-200m investment GURANTEED.