Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

MMAgCh posted:

By taking away Storm's huricane and malestrom they invoked the fury of NAYTCHA itself.

The Gazining. It begins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Jedit posted:

It's exactly what Blizzard replaced talent trees in WOW with.

I think it would have been better if they'd just straight up copied Diablo 3's Runes & Passive system, but I've never played WOW, so that might be better. :shrug:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Mover posted:

MeLoki Hybrid Summoner/Enchanter Guide

Oh yeah. This is the good stuff!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

They let DarkBeast write for them.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Diamond Tank Emma is just :stwoon:

Just did the Cosmic Trial, and I'm poorly geared. No Blessings, Slot 2 is only Level 29, Slot 3 is 46, and Slot 5 is 36. I do have a +1 Durability Slot 4 that dropped on another character in CHT before the Talents Patch. Pet only has +3% Total Defense Rating, SOP only at Rank 1. But I have 32 Durability. I never dropped below 50% Health.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Just to see how things came out, I sorted the characters by their first listed Attribute. There are no characters who list Intelligence first. There are also no characters who list Durability second.

21 characters use the Durability stat, with 21 listing it first, and 0 listing it second.
22 characters use the Energy stat, with 7 listing it first, and 15 listing it second.
25 characters use the Fighting stat, with 16 listing it first, and 9 listing it second.
19 characters use the Intelligence stat, with 0 listing it first, and 19 listing it second.
13 characters use the Speed stat, with 5 listing it first, and 8 listing it second.
17 characters use the Strength stat, with 9 listing it first, and 8 listing it second.

Taskmaster uses all of them. Rogue changes depending on (I don't know what determines it), and Emma uses Durability & Intelligence normally, or Durability & Strength in Diamond Form.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Anyone have a trip report on the new powers Rogue gets from Jubilee & Beast?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

madcow posted:

We knew it would happen, but a sad day for ole Ben Grimm nonetheless:

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/312157/test-center-preliminary-patch-notes-2-8

Glad I got him through the C-Trial Monday. Madam only got her shield dude up once, and Skull got his twice, but died immediatly after I dropped the second one. I totally rolled them.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Animation Cancelling is also on TC, and they're trying to get Medusa Team-Up ready to ship with Black Bolt, but it's still TBD.

Also, Story Updates for Chapter 7 and Chapter 8

And, of course, Gaz Gonna :gaz::

Hey folks,

Just to help prevent any confusion this may cause - there is a known issue that exists in this build that will cause power icons in the hotbar to not display correctly.

You may see your powers appear to be greyed out as if they were not usable, or stop showing their existing cooldown if you mouse over the power icon in the hotbar while it is cooling down.

This is being addressed already internally and a fix will be going out in an upcoming Test Center update, but we wanted to post a notice on this issue specifically as it could cause confusion when testing.

Thanks!

Edit
Rogue's New Stolen Powers on TC

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Feb 15, 2017

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

"Is that a mutant? It sounds like a mutant. We're gonna say it's a mutant, just to be safe." - Gaz, taking No More Mutants! to heart.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Someone has made She-Hulk great again.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Gibbering Madness posted:

Asros dropping some top-tier passive aggressive tweets: https://twitter.com/Asros/status/833141854317088769

He tweets as bad as he develops.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Holyshoot posted:

Advance Pack 3 - TBA Team-Up 2(???)

Isn't that one Medusa, coming with Black Bolt tomorrow?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Aaaand Gaz :gaz:'d Cosmic Artifact Affixes.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Slot 1-5 Item Changes
With this patch we’ve updated the Common through Cosmic tier versions of slot 1-5 items to roll with new properties:
  • Slot 1 and 5 items for all heroes now roll with Damage Rating as a built-in affix, and slots 2 / 3 / 4 now roll with Health as a built-in affix. These stats do not have roll ranges - they have fixed values based on their Item Level.
  • Common (white) tier items do not roll with any additional affixes, however use the new fixed scaling based on Item Grade.
  • Uncommon (green) tier slot 1-4 items roll with a common random affix, just as before this patch. Slot 5 rolls with a proc effect from a new pool for slot 1-5 items, similar to procs on other items such as Uniques.
  • Rare (blue) tier slot 1-4 items roll with 2 common random affixes. Slot 5 items of this rarity roll with one common random affix and a proc effect.
  • Epic (purple) tier slot 1-4 items also roll with 2 common random affixes, however their roll range is higher than the Rare tier. Slot 5 Epic items roll with one stronger common affix and a proc effect.
  • Cosmic (yellow) tier slot 1, 2, and 4 items will spawn with 3 common affixes of similar quality to Epic rarity items. Slots 3 and 5 roll with a 2 common affixes of similar quality to Epic and a proc effect.

Item Grade Drop Chance
With this patch, when playing in Heroic or Cosmic difficulty, slot 1-5 items (including Uniques) will now have a chance to drop at improved Item Grades:
  • Heroic Difficulty - Slot 1-5 items have a chance to drop at Item Grade 66
  • Cosmic Difficulty - Slot 1-5 items have a chance to drop at Item Grade 66 or 69

Unique Item Changes
  • Black Panther's Wakandan Ceremonial Necklace - proc has been changed to a Fighting bonus.
  • Colossus' Bands of Cyttorak - proc has been changed from Fighting & Speed to Durability & Strength. Additionally, the Armor cost reduction has been changed to Movement Speed increase on Area Powers.
  • Sinister's Bioengineered Cuirass - Intelligence affix changed to Critical Damage Rating.
  • Octobot Controller - Intelligence affix changed to Critical Damage Rating and Summon Damage Rating.
  • Cerebra Helmet Interface - part of the Intelligence affix changed to Critical Damage Rating and Summon Damage Rating.

S.H.I.E.L.D. Supply Drop Changes
S.H.I.E.L.D. Supply Drop crates can now award some new items:
  • Specific Challenge Bonus tokens
  • Cosmic Fragments
  • Unique Medallions
  • Event-specific Items

In addition, we’ve lowered chance of receiving Ring slot items, and lowered the chance to receive Eternity Splinters but increased the number of Eternity Splinters received to 10 when they are awarded. Increased the chance to receive stacks of Relics, and Relics will now always drop in multiples of 5.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

SERPUS posted:

Any strategy to cosmic prestiging now?

Hauki posted:

I can confirm that this is a pretty great strategy.

This is, in fact, the proper way to do it.

Ghostlight posted:

Stack XP and grind terminal legendary quests if you've finished the story.

Actually, I think with the release of BUE, Story XP Rewards were reset. All my characters are 60, and they all get the Go To The Raft mission in the tracker, and a pop up from Maria Hill telling me to go there.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Re: Dr. Strange Event

Asros: It will be going away with this weeks patch, however we have plans to not only do some work to convert it in to a terminal (have to change how you access it from the mission requirements, move to terminal waypoint graph, etc) but to bring all 3 Civil War terminals back (Bazarr/Cap Airport and Iron Man Airport). When we bring those back, we'll add Silver Star and Advanced Arc Reactor as drops from those 2 respective terminals.

IIXCommanderXII: Including cosmic versions of the artifacts too?

Asros: Most likely, yes.

Radspakr: Removing the cinematics from Airport?

Asros: Most likely not.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Item Changes
Ring slot items have been updated with this patch, and split into two categories: Offensive and Defensive Rings.

Offensive Rings
All Rings of the Offensive type will always roll with a Critical Damage affix as a base part of the item.

Offensive Rings can also roll with the following Offensive Affixes.
  • Attributes
  • Attack Speed
  • Brutal Strike
  • Brutal Damage
  • Critical Damage
  • Health on Hit
  • Summon Damage Rating

Defensive Rings
All Rings of the Defensive type will always roll with a Health affix as a base part of the item.

Defensive Rings can also roll the following Defensive Affixes.
  • Deflect
  • Defense
  • Dodge
  • Tenacity
  • Bonus Health
  • Area Resist
  • Improved Med Kit
  • Med Kit Cooldown Reduction

Other item changes:
  • Cosmic Artifact Affixes have been fixed to apply their Cosmic affix bonus as intended.
  • Rings, Insignias and Catalysts now also have a chance to drop at Item Grade 66 or 69, when playing on Heroic (up to Item Grade 66) or Cosmic (up to Item Grade 69) respectively. Item Grade is now displayed on Catalysts as a result of this change.
  • There are now more procs in the new slot 1-5 Armor Affix pool. Additionally, there is now a new Cosmic Proc for reflecting projectiles and knocking back enemies hit.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I'm gonna buy the new Nintendo thing. I'm excited.

icr eat the cartridges

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Will a new TTE King be crowned?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Fat_Cow posted:

Alright, next question

Logan or X-23?

Having just presiteged both of them, I can say that X-23 is still the better choice.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

So in this post-BUE world, what's the best setup for pets? I'm pretty sure that the Unique bonus should be +3 to one of a character's 2 stats, but what about Green, Blue, Purple, and Yellow?

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

you mentioned the new dash charge restoring cosmic item affix working with her sig. Is that as powerful as it sounds or is it just no big deal for her?

seems like it would be way better than anything wolverine has

That sounds like it would pair well with either the talent Blade Trance (which makes Disembowel and Rip To Shreds restore a charge of her sig while in the Killer Trance portion of it), or Footwork (makes Cyclone Kick and Open The Jugular restore a charge)...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Zaekkor posted:

Cable 1/60
Dr. Strange 11/60
Gambit 26/60
Human Torch 60/60
Iceman 2/60
Nightcrawler 35/60
Squirrel Girl 26/60
Storm 25/60
Thor 60/60
Venom 1/60

I don't even know where to begin..

For leveling, I hear Gambit is fun. I know Nightcrawler is fun if you go with the Swords build someone posted earlier in the thread, and Storm is pretty good with the Lightning Lockdown build on MHInfo.

At 60, Human Torch is really good now, and from the little I played, Thor is also pretty good.

McSpanky posted:

I wish dashes had four charges by default but apparently the infinity revision is gonna include an extra dash charge anyway so whateva I DO WHAT I WANT

Nightcrawler gets 5 charges for his Teleport. But I think he's the only one like that?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Cease to Hope posted:

Level Nightcrawler with a pure teleport build. Swords are an endgame build because you need to stack the poo poo out of CDR/BDR to make up for how squishy that build is.

It worked fine for me. I took him Purple > Red with it, with no surviviability issues. :shrug:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Erdricks posted:

The game has issues with content development in that it doesn't do a good job of keeping vets to stick around. Like, why gaz decides to (1) spend its limited resources on a massive rework of visuals for story missions and (2) remove stacking xp boosts, which encouraged whaling and thus making money, are both beyond me.

The answer to both of those is that Asros hates fun.

https://twitter.com/Asros/status/838162376847286272

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Get She-Hulk. Use this build. Launch bad guys into the air with your kickflip sig, drop a full combo point elbow on them to reduce the sig's cooldown by 5 seconds, slam them with a barbell to instantly get 5 combo points, drop another elbow to remove 5 more seconds, use other moves as filler to generate 5 more points right as Sig comes off cooldown. Repeat.

Or get Captain Marvel. Slot Mighty Punch, Radiant Cascade, Infused Uppercut, Cosmic Haymaker, Ground Shattering Smash, Crashdown Strike and Glimpse Of Binary. Choose Photonic Empowerment, Sparklefists, Starfall, Binary Fusion, and Ground Shattering Cascade talents (31221). Pump up Durability and Energy. GSS and Haymaker foes, use Uppercut to do another Haymaker, Crashdown to refill resource, weave in the others as filler.

Or try the Brutal Bot build Chernobyl Peace Prize posted earlier in the thread for Ultron.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Of course they do. Blackagar Boltagon means Lockheed won't be far behind.

Lockheed was in the game long before Black Bolt. He's a doofy purple :airquote: dragon :airquote: that hangs out with Shadowcat, at least until you hit Level 32, and enable Solo Training to dismiss him forever.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Degs posted:

Good to know IF is still the business.

He was my second favorite melee before the revamp, looks like he's still fun.

Punisher being good is just icing on the cake.

BUT WHAT ABOUT BLADE AND PSYLOCKE AND STAR LORD

Haven't seen any Psylocke or Punisher builds in the thread yet, but here's 3 builds for Star Lord, and here's one for Blade.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Currently on the TC, not on Live. Will this come to Live? Who knows!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Iron Fist
Iron Fist has topped our metrics since the Biggest Update Ever. With this patch we took the opportunity to fix several bugs and retune certain overperforming Powers and Talents as described below:
  • Black-Black Poison Touch - Serpent Stance damage over time increased.
  • Chi Blast - Vulnerability effect increased from 10.4% to 15%.
  • Tiger Stance - Critical Rating bonus increased.
  • Fury of Five Hundred Forces - damage reduced.
  • Flow like the River Talent - buff now also increases damage of all powers.
  • Crimson Hammer Talent - all Critical Hit and Brutal Strike bonuses greatly increased.
  • Follow Through Talent - damage bonus reduced to 50%.
  • Deliberate Tempo Talent - bonus damage reduced to 100%.
  • Chi Surge Talent - no longer refreshes the cooldown of Like Unto Iron. Cooldown now shown on the tooltip.

Bug Fixes:
  • Master of Many Styles Talent - Stance Combo powers now correctly remove Radiance stacks.
  • Crane Stance - health on hit bonus increased and now properly interacts with Solid Stances, Rolling Thunder, and Blended Styles Talents.
  • Fury of Five Forces and Ninjutsu Dash now correctly show Vulnerability information on the tooltip.
  • Fixed an issue where Fury of Five Hundred Fists would not trigger Chi Burst while in Tiger Stance with Eddies of Chi active.
  • The added Chi Burst from effect from Ripple on the Pond should now always trigger.
  • Fixed an issue where Fury of Five Hundred Fists would not trigger Chi Burst while in Tiger Stance with Eddies of Chi active.
  • The added Chi Burst from effect from Ripple on the Pond should now always trigger.
  • Removed several defensive bonuses he received that were not displayed on any tooltips (and unintended).

Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl metric data showed several mechanics were causing certain builds to be incredibly overtuned. As a result we've taken the time to fix many of her bugs, as well as re-tune several of her Powers and Talents as described below:
  • Infectious Excitement Talent - damage greatly increased.
  • Dive Bomb - Spirit cost reduced to 12, damage reduced. Fixed an issue in which the damage vs Bleeding targets was granting less bonus damage than expected.
  • Nutcracker - Spirit cost reduced to 14, damage reduced.
  • Squirrelpocalypse - Spirit cost reduced to 16, damage over time damage decreased. Vulnerability duration increased to 8s.
  • Squirrel Friends, Sic 'Em! - damage decreased.
  • Light the Beacon! Talent - damage bonus reduced.
  • Swell the Scurry Talent - damage bonus and duration reduced.
  • Seeing Red Talent - offensive bonuses reduced.
  • Heavy Shelling Talent - updated tooltip to clarify the 2nd and 3rd Acorn hits are at half damage.

Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed an issue where Savage Swipe would sometimes activate outside of its range when bound to left click.
  • Fixed an issue where Fell the Tree was not properly increasing the damage of Nutcracker or applying the Execute affix.
  • Fixed an issue where Heavy Shelling wasn’t correctly affecting Nutcracker when Acorn Artillery was used.
  • Fixed an issue where Swell the Scurry wouldn’t summon your maximum squirrels with Light the Beacon active.
  • Squirrelpocolypse will display a cooldown tooltip, not an attack speed tooltip, with Squirrel Stampede active.
  • Fixed an issue where the bleed effect of Seeing Red sometimes wouldn’t trigger.
  • Fixed an issue that caused Squirrel Girl's Raining Rodents to fail to activate if her dash was used during the power.
  • Squirrel Girl's Tippy Toe now correctly inherits the players stats.
  • Fixed a bug in which Tippy Toe would deal less damage after a region change.
  • Squirrels summoned when you hit with a power will now be the correct version while wearing the Aviator or Holiday costumes.
  • Free Hugs! Talent now resets Squirrelpocalypse's cooldown when the Squirrel Stampede talent is selected.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

It has been a couple weeks since Black Bolt was released, and we've received a lot of feedback and metric data on how he could be improved.

We've made substantial changes to many Powers and Talents as detailed below:
  • Various powers have had their animation timings shortened for more responsive canceling windows, and damage has been adjusted accordingly.
  • Power Progression unlock level adjustments:
    ● Quasi-Sonic Barrier - moved from lvl 18 to lvl 21
    ● Regal Mandate - moved from lvl 21 to lvl 24
    ● Master Blow - added at level 28
  • The out-of-combat Charge decay rate has been greatly decreased.
  • Killing Word - now deals a 2s irresistible stun.
  • Quasi-sonic Explosion - now requires and spends 50% Charge to activate. Deals 4% more damage per 10 Charge spent. Cooldown reduced to 4s. Now has the Ranged keyword and maps from Quasi-sonic Surge instead of Quasi-sonic Blast.
  • Regal Mandate - no longer restores Charge and instead reduces cooldown by 6s if 200 Charge can be spent. Keyword changed from Generator to Discharge. This power now animates faster.
  • Close Combat - now restores Charge on hit as a Basic power instead of dealing increased damage vs weakened targets.
  • Quasi-Sonic Torrent - default cooldown reduced from 12s to 8s. No longer restores Charge and instead reduces cooldown by 6s if 200 Charge can be spent.
  • Terrigen Echo - Charge gain increased to 50%, cooldown increased to 8s.
  • Terrigen Breath - Charge gain increased to 20%, cooldown reduced to 4s.
  • Quasi-sonic Infusion Talent - removed cooldown increase for Killing Word.
  • Inhuman Shockwave - added Melee keyword.
  • Swooping Strikes - added Movement keyword.
  • Split the Sky Vulnerability duration increased to 8s.
  • Cosmic Confluence Talent - The Cosmic Confluence hotspot is now summoned with Split the Sky instead of replacing Quasi-Sonic Geyser. Melee buff removed. Hotspot duration increased to 8s.
  • Master Blow is now a permanent power in the Scion of Attilan tree. It has been modified to move Black Bolt to the target before the punch begins. By default, it is a 20s cooldown, non-Signature power with affix "Spend 200 Charge if available to execute targets". This means Black Bolt can now use both Master Blow and Killing Word in the same build.
  • Master Blow Talent - now transform Master Blow into a 30s cooldown Signature Power with the Always Brutal affix. Additionally, Killing Word loses its Signature status and is instead a lower damage 20s CD power.
  • True Attunement Talent - no longer constantly generates Charge while in combat. Instead, if Charge drops below 50 while in combat, gain 15% Charge per second for 3s (8s cooldown). Also grants health regeneration on Melee hit and a Critical Hit Chance bonus on Ranged hit.

Bug Fixes:
  • Fury of Attilan Talent’s version of Terrigen Breath now consistently refreshes the cooldown of Regal Mandate instead of sometimes failing.
  • Inhuman Constitution now grants Black Bolt additional maximum health.
  • Scepter of the Kree Empire (slot 1 unique) now correctly references "Generator" instead of "Charge" Powers.
  • Quasi-Sonic Geyser no longer has a cooldown and can be cast even if one already exists in the world (it is replaced), which should prevent situations in which it needs to be activated several times before successfully firing.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Servers have been making GBS threads themselves since the patch. :gaz:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

Danny Rand is without a doubt the worst at being Iron Fist.

It's like he left before he finished his training.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

"Stand here, kill dudes" is not a particularly difficult set of instructions for someone to manage to get both parts wrong.

That wasn't his training. That was a duty. He still needed training on how to use his Iron Fist powers. Like how to use his chi to heal.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I miss the days when this kind of thing happened on a near daily basis. I knew I would always have something to laugh about. :allears:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Cease to Hope posted:

i downvoted tonybing's builds on marvelheroes.info for having terrible power selections and bad gear and catalysts you can't actually get in game and he got all my comments deleted

If you try to downvote a build, it now opens a text input area, and asks you why you want to downvote. Not sure if that's specific to BingBuilds, or all builds.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Pretty sure that's been happening since two ARMOR events ago...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Once upon a time, the Heavily Modified Mercenary Assault Rifle was good for Deadpool, Storm, War Machine, Winter Soldier, Punisher, Hawkeye, Magneto, Squirrel Girl, & Taskmaster, and the Improved Arc Reactor was good on Deadpool (Ranged), Ironman, Juggernaut, War Machine, Rogue, & Storm. Do these still hold true?

Also, would Captain Marvel benefit from the IAR?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

AzraelNewtype posted:

Honestly, when he does, if he doesn't just end things instantly with his voice, he has been more likely to punch things than stand there and shoot beams for ages too. His melee build is hilarious now since almost every melee cooldown is movement tagged, so the movement reset cosmic affix rolls on every power and resets every power. It's pretty okay.

This also works on Movement Elektra. Combine it with her T4 Slot 2 skill, Relentless Assassin, and poo poo's funny! Her Sig refreshes all her CD powers, and then those cosmics make all those powers have a chance to refresh her Sig, as it's also tagged Movement.

Lozareth posted:

The Improved Arc Reactor is trash all around. The Assault Rifle on ranged/physical heroes only comes close to a Fragment of Twilight but does not beat it. It's acceptable if you don't have enough frags to go around.

Thanks. I don't have any Frags yet, so I'll sub in the Rifle.