Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

ICR posted:

I look forward to all of you joining Tootforce.

So how does one go about joinging :gaz:farce?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I shoulda stayed at Google

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Skippy McPants posted:

I quit before they culled travel powers, and am glad I did. Why take one of the best things in the game and yeet it in the trash like that? Madness.

Because consoles couldn't handle it the way it was, and Pedo CEO was determined to get the game on consoles or kill it trying. He ended up doing both.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

:emptyquote:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

He hasn't posted since February...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Soothing Vapors posted:

u guys think the switch flipper is in hell or what

Extended vacation

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

There isn't. Disney would never permit one to exist.

:emptyquote:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

sgbyou posted:

city of heroes ran for years while keeping the private servers secret.

the devs gave a poo poo about the game though.

Yup. They also leaked the source code, basically as an F-U to the way NCSoft handled everything.

Though to be honest, if Brevik had had the source, you can bet your rear end he would have leaked it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Remember when Cyclops got his rework, and the description for his Ultimate was really long?

I think someone got a job working on Fire Emblem Heroes:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

LOL

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Mover posted:

Good evening fellow kings and queens. Da crew is coming back together to play D4. ICR will be playing and he did install the game. Praise the sun.

Diablo Immortal 4. You can fight spooky skeletons, ghosts, ghoulies, gobs and hobs, large bats, frankensteins, zombies, wet zombies, burning zombies, frightening tree (non-animate), and most importantly, you don’t have to do it with the people in the official thread.

Come hang out with the Marble Hebrons on the discord to find games. Honestly it’s going to be annoyingly busy to start off and we’re already seeing a bunch of old names popping back up for the launch, it owns. Gain 20lbs eating KFC for cosmetics. Left click until you get the Good Chemicals. Feel that poo poo squirt across your forebrain, together 🤝

https://discord.gg/mpegs

mpegs doesn’t stand for Marvelicious Pro Elite Gaming Society, ICR was trying to write “mpreg” but he can’t spell

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Consol ports killed Marvel Heroes. gently caress console ports. gently caress consoles.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

And not like his step-brother, Chuck

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ghostlight posted:

keep hope alive, they found the city of heroes server eventually

That's because the devs leaked the source code right before (or maybe after?) shutdown.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The game was just too good for this world.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

super sweet best pal posted:

I tweeted at Marvel's twitter telling them to bring the game back. Should be coming back any day now.

You're my (Marvel) Hero (Omega)!

Can't wait to destroy Midtown out of compassion again!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/gibbogame/status/1324754312279465991

LOL LMAO

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Crindee posted:

Multiple friends tried to get me to play that game and insisted it was "actually really good!!" so I looked at a gameplay video and now I completely dismiss their Gaming Opinions

There's a really simple test. You ask them if Marvel Heroes was good fun. They say yes, you can trust them. They say anything else, and their Gaming Opinions don't matter.

Unless their name is ICR. Then, their Gaming Opionions are always Suspect.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://github.com/Crypto137/MHServerEmu

It took several years but the thread title is finally accurate.

Great. Now we have to change it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Sea Lily posted:

and then i get to tell them they be qualifyin fer cabin boy now

Were you the one who got banned from the stream for that?

Man, we all did some stupid poo poo under the Groot Force banner. Some of the best memories.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Aaaand just like that, the project was dead.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

e: In fact, if it ever went open source I would love to learn to code to make a switch flipper algorithm that has no idea what it's doing.

So code that imitates the original Gaz Switchflipper. Don't forget to include an option to leave an event running because the switchflipper went on vacation!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Wait! Does the private server mean we finally get to drive the Punisher van?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Unlike most of you hethans, I never uninstalled. :gaz:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

There's a fan project to emulate MH servers and last I checked they were at the point where you can move your characters around empty areas and see the power animations. Unfortunately it's still a long way away from actually being the game we all know and love.

So right now it's a perfect emulation of Marvel Heroes at launch?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

It's astounding that Marvel Heroes worked at all.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I think I figured out the secret to understanding the code, based on the days when Brevik and his wife would stream the game…

You have to get rip roaring drunk on whiskey! 🥃

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Wifi Toilet posted:

They’re not knobs, they’re switches! God! You can’t flip a knob!

Switch documentor went on vacation