Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

AGGGGH BEES posted:

What the gently caress could you people possibly still be posting about? :gas:

We all loved this terrible awful game that much, because it was beautiful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Mr. Maggy posted:

did Ms. Marvel ever have the voice line apologizing to the people of Israel like the o-forums wanted, or

what

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Lux Aeterna posted:

Marvel Heroes: Perfectly imbalanced, as all things should be

It's a shame this is wasted on a game whose thread title will never be updated again.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
On my deathbed, gonna be rambling about how tiny i made my wolverine

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

tithin posted:

This game's been dead for ages, genuinely curious, why you still posting here? is there a private server or something?

I played this a bit and it was ok, I put $20 in and then didn't spend it on anything

Because there was nothing quite like it and we just can't quite let go.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Reputedly Disney was pretty down on all of the pre-existing licenses, game was probably doomed from the moment that sale went through no matter how Gaz was doing with it, if they weren't loving up it just would've taken longer.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

HebrewMagic posted:

Every so often we get someone in here who's hope hasn't been beaten from them

That's what happens when the thread title gets changed to "info about private server inside!"

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
IIRC it wasn't just Gaz wanting to make money off more people for their own wallets. Disney wasn't really keen on maintaining any of the existing licenses and it seems like it was an attempt at a hail mary of "look, we're not just holding steady on money, we're even EXPANDING."

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
All very good and yet somehow what i miss the most is "I'M ON A ROLL! and not like my stepbrother chuck."

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
"The new marvel heroes" not gonna happen unless some groot force goon makes it.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
on my deathbed, telling the nurse "and you got better performance at max settings than if you turned them down" for the hundredth time

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
What killed the game was Disney having no real interest in maintaining the licenses that had been farmed out before they got involved. Basically all the other stuff was mostly their desperate attempts to go "no look at this money we can make you, please let us keep it."

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
I miss being on a roll, and not like his stepbrother chuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Maybe the switch flipper not actually being necessary to flip switches was because the switch flipper actually did something else