Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Auntiegar Beebagon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Messing up Ultron's summons on non-movie costumes just when you need to play Ultron to get the new Mystic Mayhem achievement is a nice touch from Gaz, I have to say.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Oh god what's wrong with them?
Basically:

Oforums person posted:

Currently both Ultron drones talents says "ranged drones" and using the classic and the ultron-11 costume summon 6 ranged drones.
Using the golden costume summon 3 melee and 3 ranged but without the flamethrower and missiles while using the movie costume summon 3 melee and 3 ranged with the flamethrower and missiles working as it should be.
How the hell does this even happen. Oh wait, :gaz:!

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
They sure are in touch with the way people actually play their game!

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Wolverine VUs! DoFP received one as well but the guy who took those shots didn't own it.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Cuchulain posted:

The only gear you need is the Doomsaw.
Comics? Comics.

On an unrelated note.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Apparently Kitty Pryde and Luke Cage are going to be receiving some love soonish according to MichaelMayhem. Luke's update will be "focused around making his Combo system more fluid via faster, more reliable Finishers, increasing his mobility, emphasizing his Heroes for Hire as true-to-life companions, and creating more defined builds in his talents," he says.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

:rip: that lost soul who played for an average of 18 hours every single loving day in 2016.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

AzraelNewtype posted:

The radar ping's ICD is apparently an undocumented nerf rather than a bug, and since he wasn't exactly topping the charts back when you could ping on every combo max it's not great.
Yeah, that's some quality Gazzing if it does turn out to be true. Not just utterly failing to communicate that change, but deciding it needed to be made in the first place. :gaz:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

AzraelNewtype posted:

The only way it isn't true is if the QA dev who reported it was wrong, since they did actually reply about it at last. They are planning to just document the nerf in the trait next patch, rather than make him playable (it's currently impossible to ever get Tornado Kick's double damage on a single target with 2/3 specs).
I'm just not totally discounting the possibility that the guy is confused or doesn't actually know what he's talking about, I guess. If this nerf/tooltip correction does go through though, well, :rip: Daredevil.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

This is a situation where it's equally likely that a QA person doesn't know what they're talking about, or that an already squishy, mediocre character ate a pointless, undocumented nerf.
Looks like it was the latter after all. :waycool:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Meanwhile on TC, Iron Fist's Deliberate Tempo talent has been nerfed into the ground as expected. Apparently "Squirrel Girl metric data showed several mechanics were causing certain builds to be incredibly overtuned", so she ate a bunch of nerfs as well. :iiam: And the Daredevil nerf that isn't actually a nerf because the trait always was totally intended to work the way it does now is there as well. :gaz:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

malhavok posted:

How much is into the ground?
Down to 100% bonus damage from 500%.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Psylocke will always be awful until she gets a VAU (voice acting update).

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

So melee lost the % damage buff and Master Blow is still 100% worth taking (because of Always Brutal), and does nothing to address any feedback that he's another ultra-generic feeling punch-man with no v/o and Colossus's sig but directional. :mediocre:
Hey now, Beast hasn't even received this much attention as far as I can tell, and he's not all that much better than Boltablack Agaragon.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Preliminary patch notes posted:

Blended Styles Talent - now allows Stance passive bonuses to persist for 10s after changing Stances (up from 8s).
That's one decent thing coming out of this patch after all.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Today's :gaz: moment: people receiving 600 splinters to compensate for the removal of an unusable/duplicate stash tab when Asros had gone on record as saying there would be no compensation for its removal. This probably is an unintended side effect of people receiving compensation (which was meant to happen) for the removal of a different unusable/duplicate stash tab.

I think? gently caress if I know. :iiam:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
It's nice that the Hightown event required for one of the Iron Fist achievements hasn't been working right since last year or so. :waycool:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Nick Fury's other launch costume:

He and Medusa to hit TC "in the near future". Updates to Luke Cage, Kitty Pryde, and the Infinity system are planned to be on TC this weekend.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
:siren: Nick Fury's on TC.

Chufmoney posted:

Hey Everyone,

Together with the rest of the Powers team we've created our take on Nick Fury.

What you'll find with Fury is that he's primarily a ranged character as you level him up. So, as you might expect, his primary resource is Ammo. Powers have a set ammo cost but don't require the exact amount to activate, meaning you can use a power you don't technically have the cost for. When he's out of ammo there's a brief cooldown period before ammo auto-reloads.

Expect lots of rifle and grenade powers in his low levels and into his 30s. He has a few call-in powers such as an airstrike, but largely you'll be relying on his roll to stay out of combat and blast away at enemies with a number of cooldown powers in your rotation.

Once you're unlocking talents, this is where Fury's layers open up a bit. In talents you'll find options to call in assists from heroes like Falcon and Warmachine, turn a ranged power into a PBAoE, and augment your signature power. Take time going through this (and try out his Life Model Decoy -- it looks awesome).

For those looking for a summoner Fury, the right side of his talents tree is what you'll be looking for. Here you can call in a cadre of shield agents to your side. They don't stick around forever, but anytime you hit someone with a power they jump right back into the fight. You can mix and match what your Fireteam looks like.

Have fun with Fury, and let us know what you think.
Also the Infinity system changes, the Luke and Kitty updates, and the Medusa team-up. If you're into that sort of thing, I mean.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Percelus posted:

ncsoft just wanted to remind you all, go gently caress yourselves https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra7O7LqNh5w

Wikipedia posted:

Master X Master (MXM) is an upcoming multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA)
I don't think they're in any place to do that.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Undocumented change on TC: characters whose offensive trait grants +25% critical hit damage have had that reduced to +15%.

I'm not sure that amounts to much in practice, but still. :gaz:

Edit: so apparently +X% critical damage bonuses now affect brutal damage as well, which I guess makes this OK after all? And maybe even the Hawkeye/Mr Fantastic synergies too. :iiam:

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Mar 22, 2017

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Blockhouse posted:

the most baffling thing about nick fury is he just summons generic SHIELD agents instead of any of the unique SHIELD agents that have models and names and animations already right there for him to use

why did they think that was a good idea
Same reason Luke Cage can't have all four summons out at the same time due to its making combat more of a mess visually, and yet as recently as Black Bolt they've come up with powers that poo poo out obnoxiously opaque VFX.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Blockhouse posted:

I really don't think it's more of a visual mess to replace a SHIELDman summon with SHIELDman in derby hat summon or SHIELDwoman in white outfit summon
"Because it's :gaz: and their decision-making process can be rather suspect at times" is what I was going for. Sorry! :shobon:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

KomoriMan posted:

For those who received 200 ES, it should have been more and we are working to resolve it.
Peak :gaz: right here. Compensate people for something they weren't supposed to get compensated for, then mess up the compensation to compensate people who weren't initially compensated for something there was to be no compensation for.

Or something like that? I'm really not sure any more.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Ghostlight posted:

Imagine if they had their poo poo together enough to do a Guardians themed character release like Moondragon or Adam Warlock.
I mean, Moondragon did get a VU recently…

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Good thing those Nick Fury changes weren't actually worth looking forward to anyway!

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

On the bright side, they WERE ammo cost reductions for his powers.
On the dimly Gazzy side, no one said they were changes to make some powers charged cooldowns instead of ammo spenders.
I mean, yeah, they were going to make him a little smoother to play, but they weren't going to change anything about the fact he's going to be a fundamentally uninspired if not phoned-in character. With Gaz one has to take what one can get, I suppose.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

McSpanky posted:

A completely untested new version of an event going straight to live? Merry Gazmas!
"I have a few things that haven't been tested yet…ahh, but I'm sure they're fine."

Edit: oh, hey.

KomoriMan posted:

Our patch/maintenance has been moved to Friday(3/31)!
We haven't had one of these in a while!

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Jusupov posted:

The original 3 hour patch downtime is now going to be 6+ hours
But hey, the CM posting two (2) Nick Fury hero pack codes totally made up for it!

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

AzraelNewtype posted:

It's adorable that a showstopper bug that stops you from getting past the first leg of chapter 3 went live (after being reported very early in the last TC span) on the same day Asros posted a wall of text being incensed that people are claiming the devs ignore our feedback. And, of course, since there's a new hero, methinks people might want to be playing story.

Well, okay, if you have your XP bonuses high enough you can actually hit 60 before you get to this point, but that's a different design issue.
I skipped past it to chapter 4 only to get stuck on the "defeat enemies" objective in the MGH warehouse instead. (Edit: at least resetting the instance fixes it.)

What a shitshow.

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Apr 1, 2017

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
If he has nothing else going for him, at least Nick Fury is voiced by Keith David. He also laughed a lot after defeating MODOK (though I didn't catch his actual line) and that was fun.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Mover posted:

The story mode revamp has been really substantial
Substantially annoying with its forced gating and abundance of gapingly empty areas that are about twice as big as they ought to be, yep!

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I didn't phrase it very well, but yes that is what I meant. While levelling Nick Fury I discovered you can't go straight to/through the Ancient Ruins portal and gain a tonne of XP by talking to Heimdall any more either, for example.

As a ~new player experience~ thing I suppose it makes some sense, but if you've levelled God knows how many characters to 60 before it's just tedious.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Ghostlight posted:

I distinctly remember not being able to do it at all on my Psylocke a few days ago. I just prestiged Rocket and I can't enter the rainbow bridge at all - the cutscene doesn't trigger nor does the portal appear.

e: you have to do the entirety of Chapter 8 so that you can complete Victory Lap before you're allowed in.
Haha, the hell kind of sense is this even supposed to make?

Oh, right. :gaz:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Targmaester?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
It will be entertaining to watch the unstoppable force that is :gaz: QA meet the immovable object of console patch certification processes.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Grinning Goblin posted:

The FAQ that is being called the Q&A said something about a new game mode in PS4 called operations, but I wonder if that is just a replacement for everything that isn't midtown and story.
"In just a matter of minutes you and a group of friends can defeat super villains and foil their schemes" is so hilariously devoid of meaning. It's basically an un-description.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Oforums posted:

Forums person: I have a question that's not answered here - why hasn't one of the higher ups come down here to reassure the PC players and explain what the future is for the PC version of the game?

TheArtofRawr: We're still finalizing specifics, but we are 100% committed to continued support of the PC game.
Oh Gaz. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Kokoro Wish posted:

So really taking our MONEY!!!!!!! Telling Lie's,Giving us half Oh.. My stars and garters! hero's all for ps4!!! So the last couple months been a freaken ALPHA test for your guy's.
And then this poo poo gets like three Awesomes too. :doh:

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Apr 6, 2017