Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Grinning Goblin posted:

Wait, in this patch did they actually consolidate all non sig powers to work with power duration or is that still random as gently caress?

I assume it's still the same as usual, nitrous boost always worked with power duration. Some non-sig skills still don't work with power duration, such as jugg's Scion of Cyttorak (but the tooltip does state power duration does not affect it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Drythe posted:

what are items I can use to abuse movement build on spiderman?

Mover posted:

well, the big thing with that Gobbo build is that Goblin Gunner is movement tagged and fired 5/sec, so midtown signet is on for pretty much every attack and cooldown layer. Spidey doesn't really have something similar.

right, it's also a channel skill and all channel skills snapshot relevant stats upon activation which remain unchanged until you stop channeling

MM sig proc is only 30% so you need movement skills that can get lots of hits per activation, like channel skills, large aoes, or dot powers (dots will basically keep MM sig on by themselves.) Gobby has all that so basically after your first couple shots you are in 100% crit mode until everything is dead.

I'm not sure what spiderman has, but if it's just small aoe crashdowns and dash attacks it won't be easy to manage the MM procs.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Gibbering Madness posted:

Brutal shades and doom saw are good now?

for totally cool dudes, hell yeah

clean the streets in style

e: peep that legendary too my man

cl_gibcount 9999 fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Jan 28, 2017

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Jusupov posted:

47k health, 95% damage reduction while using a power that has a higher tooltip than most ults. Balanced

Benjammin J. Grimm "The Thing"

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Lux Aeterna posted:

Love letter is such a good artifact now

Also that gobbo stacking is amazing

love letters for everyone imo

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

that's quite a bit of defensive stats, you could basically roll a Perseus on a full artifact set

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

living laser is currently bugged and dropping WSJs instead of his artifact and Doc Oc is bugged not dropping any at all

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

I think my favorite is the Stealth proc on Hood's item. % chance to stealth on hit, then immediately unstealth because you're dealing damage (30s cooldown); pretty accurate flavor text on that item

also according to gaz, there's another affix on Venom's artifact that is bugged and not showing up the tooltip right now

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

excellent sources of survivability:

Lemuria relics. Despite cooldown standards set by gaz long ago, Lemuria still has its legacy cooldown of ~0.2s. That means it's giving you over 1k hp/s in combat.

Perseus. This item by itself will easily double your ehp. Will let you tank through almost anything in cosmic patrols.

Radioactive catalyst 5k hp on medkit bonus. Only radioactive catalyst using heroes can do this, but get one with 25% medkit and this bonus and you can heal from near dead to full nearly instantly.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Mover posted:

Happy to report that gobcount insane brutal gearing also works out for Elektra.

it's perfect for Juggernaut as well

but also I hear it's great for Star-Lord

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Looking at Mr. Fantastic Dad, there's a nice Nullifier, Shades and Doomsaw gadgets build in there. It might not be the highest DPS build he has... but my god the red numbers:

with a talent: Hyperstatic Inducer and Gravitation Emitter become cooldown synergy powers with 100% crit chance
Signature naturally has 100% crit chance
with a talent: Positron Emitter gains a tons of stacks (for huge damage bonus) and when activated at max stacks is a guaranteed brutal
with a talent: Outwit fills Positron Emitter's stacks to max instantly, so you could fire it + sig, then immediately do it again for some huge burst damage
Stretchy Spheroid is Movement tagged so can abuse MM sig for 100% crit

this is what I tried out, just haven't bothered gearing him up yet:

using Elastic Barrage as spender as it's his best aoe spender. Slows are very powerful right now if you guys haven't noticed, bosses no longer gain immunity to soft CC effects like Slows.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

ok can safely say now this is just absurd

super dad here can absolutely wreck everything and when gaz inevitably stealth nerfs MM signet next patch, Dad won't care and he will continue to obliterate

Hyperstatic Inducer with the micro-tesla coils probably does more dps than half the roster with this setup, all by itself

medallion is Doom, stack as much power duration as you reasonably can because it affects how long you can channel Positron Emitter, which is quite literally the laser of the gods

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Ghost of Starman posted:

FFFFFF- okay, goddammit, how do you beat the Cosmic Trial as Moon Knight? I can't even get past Madame Hydra. :negative:

Fake Edit: Should add that I think it's not just that my numbers aren't big enough. Got all his uniques; artis are Zigg, Taskmaster's Guide, Crossbone's Credentials, ACCoC, all blessed. But I haven't done any theory-crafting in ages, so who knows how out-of-date my understanding of "properly geared" is.

what's the problem? are you dying to her or running out of time?

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

what happened to the power radius on vibro-smashers.... lame

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

they gave names to all the stat combos, so you can see which combos get the most and the least representation (there's a list on the O already I'm sure)

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

yeah I made it sound like they serve some sort of purpose, but they don't

just a funny way to say you'll be purging midtown with the Holiest of all Templars, Mr. Fantastic

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

isn't Iron Man str/int or did they change him to energy?

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

yeah his autobrutal crashdown is a pretty nasty skill

if only he had a way to make Encephalo Beam autocrit

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

:eyepop:

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

davebo posted:

Out of curiosity does anyone have a count of how many heroes the gorilla necklace is BiS for now? The game had so many phys heroes it was such a useful artifact, but now it seems it's for +strength people only which is like 5 dudes?

well it's BIS for a glammy jewelry only diamond Emma build

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

if a hero's numbers ain't red they may as well be dead

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Jubilee really does have the best VFX. It's like the Dazzler omega node dialed to the max

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

can confirm that cosmic terminal bounty chests will drop the cosmic version of the boss artifact, just got a cosmic MFH from an AIM bounty chest

on my very first run of the terminal, grabbing only 1 of the 3 bounty chests on the way to the boss :wow:

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

well if current cosmic difficulty and gaz's history of releasing new difficulties is anything to go by, the Omega difficulties will have mobs making GBS threads out a ton of damage and there's no invulnerability core to fall back on

so you'll likely want a full set of cosmic artifacts (def+dodge+deflect+hp/medkit) and good effects on your catalyst (25% heal, 3s invis, 5000hp heal for radio heroes, 20% 15s invis for mystic heroes)

all of that can be farmed up now so you're ready to go when the new difficulties drop, if that's something you want to start doing day 1

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

intelligence is the one that gives crit damage, fighting does give a multiplier to crit rating though

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

can't wait to see how lame the fights are and how many dozens of hours of padding sits between them

i'm guessing it takes Danny 20 hours to reach the terminal boss, with only 4 mobs defeated for the bounty one of which was his team-up that turned on him 15 hours in

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

6 should work in regular MM right? not seeing anyone say it has to be cmm

don't really feel like gearing up the goat rider

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

yeah actually the one that required Colossus I did on my (still) locked level 10 Colossus

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

madcow posted:

We knew it would happen, but a sad day for ole Ben Grimm nonetheless:

no listed change for the dad spin though, which is just as strong as suzie

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Lux Aeterna posted:

People would have to play dad for them to notice

I meant that dad spin that Thing has, same as let's roll suzie (just without the shield part)

but yeah no one plays actual Dad so hell I'll take it

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

it ate a damage and duration nerf, it truly needed it

mine hit everything in large radius for ~400k twice per second on brutal with a 66% chance to brutal and they last over 15 seconds each, it's pretty absurd, the entirety of Taskmaster is less dps than a single coil

the scale of the nerf would have to be massive to make it an undesirable talent or to make Dad Bad Again

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

It adds something to an existing skill, so it makes sense that it gains whatever effects that skill has. It also inherits the +30% cooldown synergy damage bonus.

It's still stronger than the base hyperstatic inducer damage and the gadget build is still really good

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Ghostlight posted:

It makes a lot more sense that a static turret inheriting +45% damage and +100% crit from two talents that don't even mention it is an oversight. Because of the inheritance, nerfing the talent itself rather than its overpowered interactions with other talents means that if you want to take that talent and have it be balanced you also need to take the other(s) that feed into it; whereas altering the interaction that makes it do way more damage than it was intended would result in being able to take the Tesla Coil talent in a vacuum without it dictating your other choices due to being balanced with the assumption you're making GBS threads out crits and bruts on it.

Other skills and talents that can interact with each other do so as expected, so I'm pretty sure it's intentional for talents to synergize with each other like this.

If you dont want to use the other talents that change Hyperstatic Inducer I can still think of two good reasons to use the coil by itself:

1. If Hyperstatic Inducer is worth a power bar slot without the other talents, then surely doubling its damage even after the nerf is worth a talent slot.

2. Tesla coil is Dad's only source of energy damage, allowing him to proc hybrid stuff he normally can't. Even if that's only Power Doop, it's still 1700 cdr he wouldn't get otherwise.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Ghostlight posted:

Micro Nullifier also does energy damage, and your other choice on that tier allows you to get it down to around 15 seconds effective cooldown - although again that's dependent on you taking Fully Functional Devices for a different reason.

ah right I forgot his sig is energy damage, however there is one issue with it: because it instantly destroys non-boss mobs, it will never actually deal damage and proc energy damage effects unless it does hit a boss. A minor nuisance, but still.

That leaves out HERBIE as the one choice where you won't have energy stuff up all the time. Sorry HERBIE, gaz doesn't love you

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

yeah you must be thinking of something different

cosmic fragments are the new and rare material used to reroll the cosmic affix on cosmic artifacts, of which I am glad there is an indicator now because just running terminals for 2 hours netted me 5 fragments that it let me know drop

I must have missed dozens of them last week given this rate

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

All of the heroes and how you gear them

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Have you tried Ultron with twilight fragment instead of saw? Only reason I suggest it is because of him having a low ratio of autocrit stuff, along with that strong autobrut crashdown that saw doesn't do anything for either.

twifrag will push that crashdown much higher, be a great dps boost for regular powers, and probably only a bit behind saw for the crit laser since you aren't using nullifier.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

the tutorial is effectively the Raft prologue mission, plus various tutorial popups that will occur when you do things for the first time

so just hop into the Prologue on Torch and follow through the story to level up

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

MMAgCh posted:

Isn't technically the Times Square level the most tutorial-y tutorial in the game now? Of course you can't even access it unless you're on a brand new account for some nebulous reason, so… :shobon:

wasn't even aware that still existed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

DarciisFyer posted:

Thankfully it's not the pure BED build, it's a weird BED+Sunday Punch mashup so hopefully only the Sunday Punch part gets nerfed.

sunday punch does about twice the damage of BED, but then again it only hits one target at a time

if boss waves consisted of a single ttk dummy it probably would be OP