Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Just got a notification from the Steam group and wanted to see what's up cause I thought Kelp died years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

MMAgCh posted:

My oldest surviving MH screenshot. September 2013 or thereabouts. :allears:

This NPC seems oddly prescient now.

R.I.P. game I somehow spent 5x more time on than any of the games on Steam I actually paid for.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

Ciaphas posted:

delusional hope of resurrection

Lol

Sometimes when you love something, you have to let it collapse under its own gross mismanagement.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

Baby Proof posted:

It's just taken from the SALR top 30 poster stats, so you don't show up if you're not in the top 30 for the thread. I'm afraid that you couldn't keep up with the pace of meaningful posts and valuable content after the first thread.

I'm shocked I made the cut, but 75% of those posts are probably insisting Miss Marvel and pre-rework Deadpool were good.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

No private server is going to pay for a switchflipper in this day and age.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

Ghost of Starman posted:

Was this really just an entirely-untapped vein of design space that MH lucked in to? Is there no extant game that can give me the same satisfaction that slamming into an entire city block's worth of robot nazis as Captain Marvel once did?

Basically yes, MH was the only one that was really comfortable letting players jet around and annihilate entire maps at a time. I feel like the Diablo series has kinda poisoned the well on this, leading the genre towards uphill battles against walls of enemies instead of one-man armies destroying actual armies. The major contenders like Path of Exile and Grim Dawn mimic that power balance, keeping the focus on maximizing your build just to stay alive at higher levels.

I'd like to believe MH was designed from the ground up to simulate the experience of being an indomitable superhero, but lol at that. Ironically I think it might have been the trashfire design process that got MH there in the first place. It fell into this space where you murder 1000 nobodies to get to the actual threatening boss because once power creep went wild, they never bothered to bring the nobodies back up to parity. The thing is that ended up being a feature, not a bug, and it seems like no one has paid enough attention to emulate it. Probably because the game it was attached to died such a sputtering, ignoble death.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

Kly posted:

its super obvious the people complaining havent actually played it in the last 5 years.

sir do you know what thread you're in

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

Yo just because everyone in this thread makes terrible decisions doesn't make it right to project that onto others.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I work in localization so the time they went live with a skill called anal sex and a big black dong item in their Portuguese translation was a special moment for me.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

NotALizardman posted:

why the gently caress is this thread still alive

Thread switch flipper is on vacation, no one else can close it

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have 4x ICR's time logged in Ratfight Two

But I got it for free lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

Brevik gave me a free copy of his new game, he is very cool and good

Game's pretty good, too!