Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

What do ypu keep and what do you lose when you prestige a hero? Other than your dignity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Too Shy Guy posted:

Basically yes, MH was the only one that was really comfortable letting players jet around and annihilate entire maps at a time. I feel like the Diablo series has kinda poisoned the well on this, leading the genre towards uphill battles against walls of enemies instead of one-man armies destroying actual armies.

i dont know when you last played diablo 3 but it is all about wiping out entire maps of enemies super fast in every mode other than pushing high level/end game grifts

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Ghost of Starman posted:

Can someone with more time in it attest whether D3 really does feel this way, with a totally broken power scale (which is, arguably, what we kind of enjoyed about MH), but inverted in a way that makes the game less satisfying as your character advances?

not really, diablo 3 difficulty can scale up infinitely if you want so i guess that can make it feel like youre not getting stronger? there are reasons to play at less than the highest difficulty you can manage though, so...

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

The Moon Monster posted:

Isn't pushing high level/endgame rifts the main focus of the game though? I've played a few times when new seasons hit and that seemed to be what it was geared around.

Cuchulain posted:

There's a lot of things I dislike about D3, but I can't wrap my head around "The game gets harder every time I increase the difficulty" as a complaint. :psyduck:

also to continue pushing the higher level end game rifts you have to run the fast dungeons where you feel super overpowered and wipe out 1000 monsters in 2 minutes. its super obvious the people complaining about D3 (compared to MH) havent actually played it in the last 5 years.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

The Moon Monster posted:

What made me stop playing was that for every dungeon you got where you could blast through huge hordes of enemies and feel awesome it seemed like there were three with low enemy density and no uniques that you just had to slowly stroll around looking for stuff to do. And since rifts are all about how quickly you can kill a bunch of stuff the game is also punishing you for getting a lovely randomly generated dungeon.

i dont know how it is now i havent played since just before the necromancer dlc but back then they were frequently patching to increase mob density in rifts, you only needed to rift shop if you wanted to be at the top of the leaderboards.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

i miss this game i always had fun firing it up and playing for a few days after seeing the latest marvel movie

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

its not good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

yeah it was so fun. i would just get a hero to max level and by the time i had done that i had enough of whatever that currency was to buy a new random hero. it was great.