Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

suddenlyissoon posted:

I wish I knew how to quit this dumb game.

I quit a few months or a year ago. All it required was getting bored of the mega-events.

But since I keep skimming the sub-Reddit, I learned about the death of Mom and Dad coming up and used my plethora of splinters to buy them. Seriously, had 2000 and some change from what had to have been massive splinter boxes tied to one of those mega-events.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I think I spent just short of $50 in 1199 hours according to Steam. But I also think I stopped playing like 2 years ago now. Still lurked these threads every 2-4 months.

Suddenly got bored and quit, fell behind, didn't care enough to learn which items were still worth anything and which ones were now useless for endgame.

E: 75g and 1,214 splinters left.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Since it's been a year or so, I've been enjoying the free 1000Gs/day and dicking around with all those boosts I probably mentioned in my last post. Eat an EXP crate, hit the raft, level 60 after I kill the Q36 or whatever prototype early on in the Jersey Docks.

Weird poo poo I don't like: New maps that feel smaller and cramped, story-locked doors so you can't boss hop the story, and that it seems to take a billionty Infinity Points to do anything now with end-game stats.

I've also spent 1000-2000 Gs on various fortune cards (packs of 36 and 72). The event cards seem to drop costumes/pets at a tolerable rate, but the Mk1-6 have loving abysmal rare/epic drop rates if they aren't just broken or had the chase costumes removed in a patch while I was away.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

drat, I just wanted to get as many to 60 as fast as possible. Legendary quests don't seem to give massive xp anymore.

With this game dying and presumably this thread dying more where am I going to get the best out of context comic panels now???

I've been powering through the story mode (with +1190% exp and Cyclops passive). Nothing seems to pack any XP anymore except for the story beats. Just ignore most mobs, kill bosses until you hit 10, and then movement power to the locations. I've only got like 65 minutes left of XP at this level, but it's taking me 15-20 minutes per toon for 1-60.

I ran around with X-23 for 90 minutes trying to find bosses and poo poo in the new levels when they first announced the death of MH and it was painfully slow. Just play the story on normal with boosts and the game hands you max level.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

NecroMonster posted:

so did the game even last a year after they made it all slow and boring?

Was it the Omega patch that made it so awkward?

8 toons left to get to 60. 14-20 minutes each still. Sorta wish this was single/multi like Grim Dawn now instead of a service that's dead, lovely, and unmoddable.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Servers are still up. I'm dicking around with Kitty through the story mode.

I didn't like her moveset leveling, but she actually seems sorta fun to play once you look through the rest of her abilities and try to figure out how they hosed with the powers between the year or two I didn't play.

Back to the story mode, I don't like the new linear maps they created where you snake through visually updated but simplified versions of the older maps with zero backtracking. However they just drown you in XP for playing this boring mode.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
~12:40am Gaz time. What is dead cannot die.

E: Just got another 24,000Gs when I re-logged. 47,425Gs total to do.. uhh... I dunno what with anymore.

Andrigaar fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Nov 25, 2017

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Aphrodite posted:

Guess I won't be getting that final Sue Storm token now.

I know you're joking, but if you meant ult-upgrade tokens I took the entire Dysfunctional Four family to level 20 ults last night.

Played a whole bunch the past week or two. Kitty Pryde 60 achieve still won't pop, and holy poo poo this game is boring. Random garbage showers down, none of it useful. I don't mean a few lovely drops, I mean the screen is covered in text labels for dog poop in all of the colors of the rainbow. But at least the particles are so over the top I can't see anything anyway (forgot to push the visual obstruction slider back down).

My only regrets are never getting the i69 upgrades for slot 2 and 4, or having any idea what else they upgraded to cosmic+ with red raid points.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Goodbye, sweet price. You were beautiful until you weren't.

For its death throes last night we got another 24K Gs that the entire chat had no idea what to do with, and Monday Madness auto-triggered.

PS: gently caress the earn rate for infinity points.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Each time this thread bumps I crave me some online Diablo-clone with a chatty user base.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
More Brevik for y'all: https://www.gamegrin.com/articles/the-gamegrin-grincast-episode-132-david-brevik-talks-it-lurks-below

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Also holding out for the PC port of Monster Hunter since I don't have any consoles it's on.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
The hope still lives.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Watched Infinity War today. Enjoyed it for what it was.

Then on the drive home I was sad I couldn't farm mobs in Marvel Heroes :negative:

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I remember chugging stowed away boosts and farming the poo poo out of The Hood and Taskmaster until I got enough infinity points to quit playing the game (only like 5000).

Then I returned to the new Infinity system and felt like all my characters had been beaten to death with a nerf bat.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Diablo 3 is coming to Switch soon too. $60 for the game+exp+Necro though.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
All this D3 talk has me wanting to play some D3 or GD.

I'm not going to... yet. But I am going to go see if there's a mod to reduce the damage of that stupid corruption poo poo in GD.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Okay, I lied. I put in about 1h50m into Grim Dawn tonight. Shaman (devouring swarm) mixed with Soldier on veteran/hardcore. I actually expected to die 20 minutes into the joke.

Now I'm bored and don't want to play anymore. Just unsold myself on the expansions next sale.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Keep playing vanilla Grim Dawn vet/hardcore--even alt+f4'd to save my character when I trapped myself on accident by walking the wrong way.

It's not bad, but it just doesn't scratch that MH itch. Not even close :negative:

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Almost got to Homestead, and then I think a stacking debuff between a normal and a champion killed my chick. I was sizing up how to aim devouring swarm and I was dead from full in the time it took to glance screen right and back.

Useful loot was non-existent, game had no flare for the absurd like MH. At least I see why I shelved Grim Dawn a year or two ago and didn't want to go back.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

ndub posted:

fresh character to homestead is like 30 minutes

Well excuse me for not reading all the forums online to have a pre-made build and goofing off because I'm miss a superior game :jerkbag:

You aren't wrong though. Non-soldier builds melt like butter to a heated knife with this game's spike damage.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Venom was pretty alright. Parts without Venom were rather lackluster or outright made no sense, but then Venom shows up and fixes that problem.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Haerc posted:

That's just the internal bleeding.

The higher up the intestine/GI the bleeding is, the darker the stool becomes because the blood is digested:science:

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Well looks like I might finally give Hellgate a play.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I just saw that Brevik's It Lurks Below is already on Steam early access. If Hellgate is immediately slammed even as a single player distraction, I'll just go snap that up.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Small discount on It Lurks today. Probably gonna cave in within the hour.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I've been playing too much Grim Dawn the past month and the game's progression does seems really weird. To the point that I didn't care about using Defiler to resurrect a hardcore toon I created to mule double-XP potions to others.

Characters never feel supremely powerful, useful loot doesn't drop at a high enough rate, blueprints don't either, and farming Kilrian's Soul fragments is sort of irritating. The game is still fun overall, but I'm not getting the power spike highs from items with useful +skill attributes like in MH . Up near the level cap you'll see evidence of what might be extremely powerful loot, but good luck ever getting it to drop naturally for what classes you're playing today.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I got Destiny 2 in a Humble Monthly a while back. It's just lacking solo, so my interest fizzled out.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

ponzicar posted:

Public domain ain't gonna win out over disney.

:rip: US Copyright Law - 1790-1998

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Looks like it happened 23 days ago on October 26th according to Wiki. Here's the citation source: http://mmofallout.com/trion-worlds-tells-court-company-disbanded-all-employees-terminated/

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Well, now I need to wrap up MUA (replay, but it's been like 10 years) and finally play MUA2 in preparation for this.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
:agreed:

Rebrand it.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Deakul posted:

I guess it's finally time for me to buy a switch, maybe with my tax returns.

Taking game recommendations now.

You want exclusives or games that are also on Steam, but might be better suited for playing mobile or while pooping?

And regardless: Picross S (haven't tried S2)

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Unavailable for me.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
It was probably a MUA3 clip from today's Nintendo Direct.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I do enjoy pushing things. But Bioware and Anthem do not entice me to push buttons.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
How would they work a raid you're supposed to lose in the end?

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
A 50% threshold battle royale mode was just theorized.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I still miss this poo poo game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Haven't been to see it yet and am not in much of a rush either actually. At the same time if I don't see it this week I'm probably going to forget to see it until home release.