Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
This sounds fun and good, I'll actually try logging in for more than 2 minutes before I get scared off by all the random poo poo in my inventory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I had forgotten about some of the insane buff/boon stacking from when I actively played last. I guess they never got wiped out?

Between those and synergy bonuses I got Loki from 1-20 just doing the raft and the police station event. This is kind of hilariously dumb, which is perfect because it's Marvel Heroes.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Jedit posted:

When prestiging I would generally get to about level 8 or 9 on the Raft from synergy alone. Boosted would be higher, but I'd never boost for a non-cosmic.

Yeah, I have a bunch of synergy as well (Cyclops included of course), those were just all boosters from when I last played regularly.

Also when looking to pick a level 1 character I already owned to learn the new systems, I had almost no choices available (just Loki and Hawkeye) because at some point I remember there was some sort of event/super fast way to level characters to like 30ish just through a handful of training room runs. It looks like I did that for a good ten characters or so so I'd have the l25 synergy bonuses as options.

Getting back into this I do appreciate how the account as a whole just grows and facilitates this kind of advancement over time.

Tortolia fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jan 24, 2017

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Gaussian posted:

I'm completely new, so I'll ask the dumb question: How? I finished the story (well up to the quest to go to Hightown? -- game won't let me) and only got up to 49.

Outside of specific bonus XP synergies (Cyclops), you get account-wide permanent bonus XP for every hero you level to 60. This stacks with any other XP buffs/boosters you might have running.

Even a few heroes at 60 provide a substantial permanent boost to leveling speed.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
So am I wrong in assuming that I should just be doing quick story missions for craploads of XP, hitting 60 around act 3, then prestiging or moving onto the next character for now? It sounds like the top end content is still pending.

Are there any story missions now that grant any specific rewards that aren't the artifact boxes, outside of Chapter 9 Loki? Anything particular to grab before prestiging?

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Toshimo posted:

I ran story for prestiging tonight with 250% XP (190 synergy + 10 Pot of Gold + 50 Boost) and didn't ding 60 until I beat Sinister (fortunately Ch.7 is like 3 minutes long). Start to finish was 57 minutes (timed by buff duration). I don't see how people are getting it done close to Juggs without boosting to at least 300%+ or they are stopping to do side quests.

I'm currently at 459% bonus thanks to 121 synergy and literally a dozen different buffs from the last time I seriously played. I still have sixteen in game days of 25% xp bonus from when they let the shared boons stack excessively and we would crash the servers from our boon parties being too much to handle.

So yeah, I recognize that my scenario here is not the norm. Just looking to take advantage of it and I don't want to miss anything good from story quests when I prestige.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Crono S. Magnum posted:

I suppose its a testament to the game that I absolutely loathe pretty much every design decision they've made lately and yet here I am reinstalling the game for a third time this week.

What are some good Ranged characters at the moment? Maybe they'll have it easier then my Hulk does.

making GBS threads AOEs everywhere as Loki with a few illusions tanking or staff blasting targets has been hilariously dumb and effective so far.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Cease to Hope posted:

story mode is now the go-to way to level characters

I've gotten like ten characters to 60 since the patch just blitzing story mode. It's super easy, just travel power to the next instance/boss, win, repeat.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

This would explain my complete lack of cosmic pieces during my speed leveling despite having like 400% RIF/SIF

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
It also (for now) gives you another copy of that character's default costume. There is a crafting recipe to turn 3 costumes into a random costume, so you can gamble that way.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
It was more useful in the past since it reset all the story quest rewards, so you could get extra copies of the drop/xp boost potions and the like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

LordSaturn posted:

Can you be more detailed about this? Is "do whatever your legendary quest says at all times" really the fastest way to grind XP? People talk about getting to level 60 in four hours, I just can't see how that's possible...

Doing the chapter based story quests gives a huge amount of XP as you clear objectives. You can just travel power to each instance, sprint directly to the boss, and repeat.

Keep in mind that every character you get to 60 gives you a permanent XP bonus; the first few alone get you to like 75% bonus, and with a big enough roster gets you to 200%.

I am up to 170% synergy bonus and have enough boosters running to put me at like 350% bonus XP right now. I can take a hero from 1-60 in under an hour just blitzing through story mode.