Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

So did Rogue get her power bank or whatever this patch or is that still coming later?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

Leper Residue posted:

i hadn't logged in since april but was still somehow in the sg.

and i have no idea what's going on anymore. what happened with the turn 4 uniques into another unique recipe?

The unique exchange recipes are gone forever as of this patch, in preparation for uniques being made redundant at a future date.

That should probably be in the OP somewhere, a little note for returning players.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

*juggernaut slips his Midtown ring on, pulls out his Brutal Shades and slides them on, then yanks the pull starter on his The Doomsaw* I'll show you who the dumb gimmick is!!!

Needs more cowbell.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

Luceid posted:

uhhh, what? why are they removing uniques? that sounds like an odd choice

You're in luck, they made a dev blog about the change:

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/297221/dev-blog-2-items/p1

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

Yeah it wouldn't make much sense to make sure all the heroes' new skills and talents work correctly and are mostly balanced before introducing items that enhance or modify those skills.

madcow fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jan 21, 2017

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

Shredder posted:

How do I start the training room mission, I've already completed chapter 1

There is no training room mission, if you are talking about the Shield training room, that is just a place to go and beat up dummies and test your builds.

You should have a quest in your mission tracker or there should be an npc with a ! over their head in Avenger's tower to start a new one and continue with Chapter 2.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

Okay, I just got four (at once) after about two hours of play. Did they futz it up or something or what's the what here

They didn't mess up the eternity splinter drops, they changed it. They even said so in the patch notes.

Now anytime you get an eternity splinter drop, you have a chance to get from 1-5 every time.

I have already gotten 5 splinter drops a handful of times over the last few days, so I am assuming it is not that rare.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

No one knows because they are a privately held company, but I am sure they are doing better than the echo chambers on the internet would have you believe.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

This...inspires me to login.

But for how long?

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

I only run green story because I am a cheap bum who uses no legendary, no blessings and that very first living laser medallion until I get madame hydra's, along with whatever purples I find.

I have 200% hero synergy, 50% boost from potion + whatever the serverside xp bonus is and have been hitting 60 before juggernaut.

I will do some of the treasure rooms as I come across them (gotta get that starlord costume), most of the boss showdowns, if not all, and some of the dynamic events along the way.

Edit: I guess I should add I have like 900 something infinity points, so I guess that helps me get away with gimp gear. That and it is green story mode.

madcow fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Jan 26, 2017

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/4043804#Comment_4043804

"Almost 50 new items to hunt in cosmic mode very shortly." - Asros

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

If you want to play more Wolverine, smash yourself into the cosmic trial until you pass it (it feels much easier now, or I might just be getting lucky).

The cosmic trial was easier and then they buffed in in the most recent patch because I guess it was too easy.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

Jubilee on test center, she sparkles.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Yeah my life is over now.

I think it was over 35 days ago at least because that is the last time you logged into marble hebrons.

What was Kelp's record as gold star for not logging in, anyone know?

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

For holyshoot, who called me a liar!

Asros and Winterthur have been giving out free stuff the last couple days or however long in some of the marble hebrons streams.

I was lucky enough to get a code for what I guess was a megapack 3. I don't know exactly, because I don't know how to scale down the receipt so I can read it in-game. Gave me every hero up to Beast, stash, default costumes, team-ups up to Jubilee, and 36500 G's.

madcow fucked around with this message at 22:23 on May 1, 2017

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

If you find yourself bored or you have a second monitor like me, might want to hang out in some of the marvel heroes twitch streams over the next day or so, like Degentp, Dankrage or any of the devs, if you see them on.

They have been giving out all kinds of codes. Some they give to the streamers to give away, others, Winterthur was just posting to twitch chat over a couple hours time span, hopping between different streams, so make sure to have that key redemption window ready to go if you see the him hanging out there.

Apparently the one I got was a press pack, I only know because some other people were getting them too. They were also giving out megapacks and hero bundles for Beast/Jubilee and other heroes.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/312155/hero-surveys-for-the-biggest-update-ever

I have to imagine their results are going to get skewed by the people still disgruntled by the movement changes voting 1 for every hero.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

Clearly your math is off as there only 13 episodes in a season. So, the sum total of the time for Danny to reach the terminal boss, beat down his treacherous team-up, and get the bounty can't be greater than ~13 hours.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

Is there any place to find info for all the mystic cheevos? I didn't do any of them, I think, because I didn't have the team-ups until now.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

We knew it would happen, but a sad day for ole Ben Grimm nonetheless:

quote:

Damage retuned for the following powers - Let’s Roll, Suzie, Quit it, Hothead!, Food Cart Fling.

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/312157/test-center-preliminary-patch-notes-2-8

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

quote:

Cosmic Medallion's have traded their previous chance for increased Medkit healing affix for +1 to all Attributes.

-10s to Ultimate Power Cooldown on Cosmic Artifacts has been changed to 150 Health Regen per second.

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/312743/marvel-heroes-2016-2-03-patch-notes

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/312899/animation-improvements-reponsiveness-animation-cancelling-coming-soon

quote:

Shipping with the next patch, we have vastly opened up our Animation Cancelling feature, and have allowed most cooldown and non-spammable powers to be animation cancelled shortly after their 'contact time', or 'the point at which the power deals damage'.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

Adult Sword Owner posted:

The patch notes say you can only get BIF with a pay/card potion is that true

The boosts are also login rewards at times like the old ones.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Thats why I said they're cards too

Just doesn't feel good to gain nothing without it

Asros pretty much said that loot explosions you get from the new boost system is aimmed more towards new players or players looking to gear up their other heroes. Since you can also get random costumes and hero tokens from the loot explosions too, seems to make sense.

Pretty sure he also said that they won't be adding end-game boss items to it, at least any time soon.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

Lozareth posted:

I've gotten a Sabretooth's Furry Mane and Doomsday Chair and I forget what other boss items from mine so far.

Maybe I am mistaken then or maybe he just meant like cosmic and beyond.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

How does this compare to Path of Exile? Sort of similar, not even remotely the same, what? I need an ARPG to scratch an itch apparently, and PoE's worn thin.

Game is currently undergoing a series of changes where they are overhauling the core systems of the game. Basically, they have streamlined a lot of things like the hero skills, talents and are redoing the itemization. They also re-did how movement/dashes work, so you will probably see a fair amount of people bitching about that, but don't put much stock in the complaints, just people resistant to change.

There is no hardcore mode in this game, you aren't required to use a loot filter, or run the story 2.5 times over to level up your character. There are more ways to level up your character than just slogging through the story, however the story is generally the fastest method these days.

Making builds, is a lot simpler than PoE, but there are also 50+ heroes of varying archetypes, so you get a decent amount of variety and they are adding more heroes over time.

There isn't much of a trading economy in this game, especially when compared to PoE. You can trade a limited number of things, but your progression won't be hindered like it is in PoE, if you don't.

The map system in PoE is leagues better than the equivalent system in this game (Danger Room), but PoE's maps have also had a lot more iteration since they came out. Danger Room hasn't really had much done to it since it came out, although they have said they would like to do more. Having said that, most people tend to grind patrol modes these days for end-game items. There are also boss terminals and some other game modes for end game item drops, not to mention a rotation of in-game events.

Anyways, if you are a new player, you will find there is lots to do and figure out. Most of us here probably have over 1000 hours in the game.

Only thing you really have to spend money on eventually is stash space, like in PoE, but things like heroes you can grind out for free or buy in the store, if that is your thing.

Game is F2P, so if arpgs are your thing and you enjoy the Marvel IP, definitely worth checking out. If you decide to do so, let us know your in-game name and we can invite you to the "supergroup".

madcow fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Feb 12, 2017

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

Thanks for the words. Looks like I played it at some point, since I have 3 hours on record, so we'll see what I have.

Are there any serious business end-game challenges the likes of The Shaper and Uber Atziri? Not necessarily like one-shot mechanic-a-thons, just endgame-y stuff more substantial than the Greater Rift analogue.

There really isn't anything like Atziri or Shaper at the moment, nothing where you have to farm pop items or have fights as involved as Shaper.

End game is mostly one of several patrol modes, maybe one of the 2-3 10 man raids if you haven't burned out on those, some boss terminals and 5 man Ultron game mode. They have really tried to make it so you have a wide variety of way/modes to farm items rather than being stuck farming the same game mode over and over. Having said that, I think people spend most of their time in the patrol zones after a while.

In the past, most of the game has been pretty face roll easy once you get enough gear, however they recently removed a lot of things that made it so easy (e.g. invulnerability bubble with medikits and infinite, instant dashing). They also overhauled the difficulty curve, so things are more challenging than they used to be. You can no longer sit and face tank stuff on cosmic difficulty like you used to be able to on most heroes, you actually have to dodge, change up your build, etc. now. Even heroic difficulty on the story presents a challenge these days, if you try it while leveling.

They also added a new difficulty slider with the hero/movement overhaul, which will eventually lead to omega difficulties/items when they implement that later in the year. The whole idea being similar to the way D3 was or is, wherein you get better rewards with the higher difficulties and omega items being the new end game items to farm for. Omega items are supposed to allow for more interesting itemization than what we have now with uniques being the end game, but we are all just kind of waiting and seeing how those turn out.

So yeah, cosmic difficulty is currently the highest, which takes a decent amount of gear. I wouldn't say any of the boss fights are particularly challenging though once you are geared, mostly just stay out of red kind of thing.

I think, most us are hoping the changes they have made recently to movement, hero abilities, etc. will lead to more interesting content down the line, but no way to know definitively.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

wasn't even aware that still existed

Yeah my friend made a fresh account recently and played through it.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

Well since Human Torch is my unlocked guy and I don't have enough whatevers for someone else, guess I'll play him.

Now comes my usual question for things like this, what's the 'right' way to play him (and other characters for that matter) I'm only level 13 but I've got like a half dozen powers that are variations on 'burn fuckers at range' and I don't really know what to use. (I mean, yes, everything works while leveling, sure, I know)

Eternity splinters are what you need to unlock heroes for free, you can see how many you have under the currency tab.

They have redone how the give out splinters to new players now, so you have to look at your login in rewards by hitting V, and see what you get when. You should have enough for at least a couple random hero boxes by the end of the first week (175 splinters) or if you really like a particular character you could unlock that specific one. But, like AzrealNewtype said, your account might have got in some kind of weird limbo if it was older when the transitioned to their new method. Only way to make a new account would be with a new e-mail.

Human Torch actually came out good after the overhaul, probably one of the heroes that benefited from it the most.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

Saint Freak posted:

Any summoner

Summoner's are getting fixed next patch, which sounds like it won't be this week, but next.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

Is it me, or Wanda did gain weight ?

The headdress is very questionable, I wish the cape was updated to sort of below and not look like a bed sheet and in some angles it sort of does look like she's gained a few? It could just be the photos and the angles, but it seems a lot more noticeable than other characters' models who get updated to have more realistic proportions.

Are you one the 'Jean's hair' people?

Also, I am pretty sure a lot of people that play this game, have a potato for a computer, so I wouldn't be surprised if the person that took those screenshots was playing on a potato.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

AzraelNewtype posted:

:ssh: that was all part of a quote.

I can never tell with goons...

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

The new shield supply boxes have a rare chance to drop costumes, among other things.

On the first day they came out, someone said they supposedly got two costumes and a hero token from one of their boxes.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

Apparently they are reworking rings as well:

Asros said they obviously aren't final and that the number of affixes is still TBD.

He also said that with the new slot 1-5 items they are working on making it so you can re-roll specific affixes.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

Some changes to the infinity system coming:

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/315278/announcement-infinity-system-1-1-update-round-robin-removal-and-more

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

Michael Mayhem posted:

We have investigated and determined that the beloved Elbow Drop did get an unintentional hit larger than the animation offsets required. It will be fixed in a future patch, bumping it back up by about 20% in total damage. It did receive some animation reductions that needed to be accounted for, but not to the degree that it was hit.

Sorry for the error!

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

Netflix's Frank Castle getting an update:

http://i.imgur.com/kPsUIuH.jpg

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

So, I know earlier this year people were joking about Omega items, etc. coming in 2018 or anytime except this year, but given what is going on with console release and their silence regarding anything PC related, those estimates don't seem that far off anymore.

It is interesting seeing the differences between the console and PC version though.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

I miss Doomsaw, he knew how to properly stir up some hype.

Of course, I doubt even he would have been able to spin, 'Hey, sorry, we won't have much for the first 3 quarters of this year for PC because we have been busy overhauling the game for a port to consoles!', in a way that didn't make PC players perturbed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

So this new creative director, when did this happen? I thought ArtofRawr was that, but apparently not.