Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

How about when they teased new items to replace uniques for over a year and then never added them the game...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

cams posted:

raids were a mistake, rip marvel heroes

Yeah it was amusing watching it go from Ryolnir admitting as much, to the new creative director making it sound like they were working on bringing more.

I would be curious to see what they were working on, presumably there were new areas, movie tie-ins, etc.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

I had a good time when I joined in the summer of 2015. They had their aggressive update schedule in place (52 reviews, etc.), the events were fresh and new, and they were handing out free codes for random hero boxes, etc. all the time. Then they stopped with the codes, the events became recycled and stale, and the beginning of the end began once Brevik and friends left and got replaced with an idiot, who completely shifted the development road and let the PC platform stagnate.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

It's got an incredibly stupid name but Warhammer 40K: Inquisitor - Martyr is space orks and skeleton robot men, at least?

I have been keeping an eye of this one, generally like the 40k IP, but gently caress that full price early access nonsense. Also the fact that a lot of 40k games turn out to be a kind of crummy. I will wait to see how it turns out once they release a full version.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

BabyFur Denny posted:

You’re alive!

Don't kid yourself, ICR logged into his account and posted that.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

Andrew Hair posted:

I would have loved to show you all the new five man Raid, LFG system, Thor Ragnarok costumes/heroes, Omega update on PC, new AI, better game pad controls, etc... it was a blast to work on. Thanks for all your support over the years.

Seeing them talk about the stuff they were working on twitter reminded me of the better days of Marble Hebrons, back when we still got frequent updates and the game was fun.

drat you Dave Dorhmann, drat you!

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/330708/interesting-info-about-pc-contract/p2

If you scroll down to the bottom, someone copied the chat from the MH discord. Michael Mayhem and Winterthur talking about various things.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

I think this is the first goon gaming group I have been a part of where I lasted more than two weeks before leaving the group/guild.

That means most of you must be alright people and I never would have met you, if not for this terrible, f2p, colorful, now dead game.

Thanks Gaz.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

I think a lot of the problem people have with PoE is they pick the wrong build starting out. So, the early game becomes a slog that turns people off.

The key is to pick something that doesn't require expensive items to be good (e.g. something that says
good league starter), so like certain spell based builds tend to be powerful early on and scale well as you get better items.

In past leagues, I tried melee builds or other builds that weren't good league starters and I ended up stopping by the time I got to maps because I was killing stuff too slowly and wasn't having fun.

I am copying a glacial cascade build this league and it is like playing Iceman, just minus the witty voice lines and way more satisfying since I can blow up a screen full of mobs by pressing two buttons, despite still wearing mediocre items.

madcow fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Dec 14, 2017

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

I just want to salute you all for keeping the memory of this big dead game alive by continuing to post in this thread.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

Nice thread for a dead game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

See you in... end game.