Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

All those words for the Mz Ruby rhythm game, and I don't think they ever did a proper "dig that voo doo".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Bruceski posted:

All those words for the Mz Ruby rhythm game, and I don't think they ever did a proper "dig that voo doo".

Pretty sure that Square and Circle are meant to be zig and zag respectively.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
They are absolutely "dig" and "that". Ya know, since "Dig that voodoo" actually makes some sense.

Lulti posted:

The problem with R&C movie was that it was the first game rehashed and mixed with Nefarious because Nefarious is awesome, but his inclusion wasn't quite enough to save it.
Sly movie I was hoping to be an original story and avoid the safe, familiar and non-exciting taste of the old plot that we already know.

I think even a rehash would've been fine. Watching the movie over, it's just not really all that great. The humor didn't really land, there's not much in the way of charm, and it's not enough like the video games to draw that crowd it. It's just painfully average.

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOcNdoz4KB4

I guess I never really listened to what each of the buttons said during the Mz. Ruby fight.

I like where Episode 8 ended up. I felt pretty toasty towards the end of it, but I think my words held up, right?

Topics:
  • An advertisement from St. Louis, 4 hours east.
  • Wifi cops.
  • Your phone is killing you.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
The Panda King is based in China not Japan you gently caress.

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

oh poo poo. Whoops!

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjnex2OUfdg

I am sad to say that we only have one more sit-down with this game, probably. That just means we can cruise on over to Sly 2, though. Which is a plus.

Topics:
  • Masturbating
  • Ergonomic Design
  • How sometimes the last half of games suck
  • The Lawrence Brothers

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Some minor trivia regarding Clockwerk:
  • The wikia states that he is a Eurasian eagle-owl though I don't know where the of this comes from so take it with a grain of salt.
  • Despite being one of the few villains to actually die, he is regarded as the franchise's main villain.
  • He is the least anthropomorphic major character, being literally just a talking owl.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
It's a shame that every time Carmelita shows up she doesn't have an even bigger and more powerful gun.

bennyfranks
Jun 23, 2005

IGNORE ME!

i like how navigator sean always says "fudge" or "fart" or something when he's surprised

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul8grTFmRmg

Our last recording session turned into one big video for the big finish. Thank you for sticking around for the first game! We died a lot during this recording, but I didn't edit everything out because of the conversation.

Topics:
  • Breath of the Wild
  • Shadow of the Colossus
  • Sly Cooper, I guess
  • Nintendo Switch

The plan from here:
  • We probably won't record for another month.
  • I want a bigger start and more energy/effort for Sly 2, because it is sublime.
  • My grad program is going to take a lot more effort in the next couple of months. Content may dry up soon.
  • I will spend every waking second of my free time playing Zelda so I can focus on new videos once I'm 'done'.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
I like that Bentley just breaks the fourth wall after the credits when you complete the Thieveus Raccoonus.

And yeah, that Japanese video was fully animated as opposed to the normal cut scenes which is more akin to taking a comic and turning it into a video with limited animation like so: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBu21dE-AbY

In fact the only major difference between the normal animation style of the SC series and a comic dub like the one I linked above is that the former doesn't have empty word balloons that get text added to them do to SC not using text for narration at all.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Mar 21, 2017

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

Here's an update! Sean and I will start recording Sly 2: Band of Thieves on Saturday, May 6th. Here's proof.

He accepted the invite.

I want to try the following things for Sly 2:
  • Live streaming. I think that could be some fun. I have a Google Fiber connection, and the hardware for it. The only thing I'm concerned with is saving the video files in as high of a quality as possible to upload to YouTube separate from the event.
  • Maybe I'll play.
...and that wasn't as long of a list as I thought it would be. Any recommendations from you all on what you would like to see for the second game?

also oh god please don't hate me for kind of bumping. mega64 told me it was okay

Mega64 posted:

If you're concerned, give it a bump. I don't mind people bumping a thread to keep it out of archives if it's your LP or some sort of megathread or whatever, just as long as you don't get carried away bumping a thread that hasn't been updated in like six months or whatever,

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
One person gets the Sly levels, aka The True Cooper Experience.

One person gets the Murray/Bentley/Whoever levels, aka The Faux Cooper Experience.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Inkspot posted:

One person gets the Sly levels, aka The True Cooper Experience.

One person gets the Murray/Bentley/Whoever levels, aka The Faux Cooper Experience.

And the entire time they must use hillarious accents!

(No please don't)

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Inkspot posted:

He's not a fox, he's a raccoon.

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

We're back! (and I made this)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prTKi0p-eUc

Sly 2 is one of my favorite games. When I was playing some of the game for research, I got giddy during several of the cutscenes.

Biggest changes:
  • Three playable characters!
  • Heists!
  • Andrew!

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Yeah when I said that this was about preventing the resurrection of Clockwerk, I wasn't kidding.

To answer your question about the Tail feathers, I believe that Dimitri did something to make them more usable as printing plates.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
"Now I understand why my beverage is pink."

What a sad realization that you'll be playing as Murray Murphy.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Sly 2 is drat great. My favorite of the series for sure. I think all 4 are bottom line good, but 2 is the one that I think is particularly great. Much like Crash 2, I feel like Sly 2 did a great job of figuring out what worked in the original and then taking all that stuff to a different format. Adding Bentley and Murray was a good choice as their gameplay is different enough to be worthwhile, but similar enough to the core gameplay to still be fun. There's a very simple Murray > Sly > Bentley strength formula that makes all their stuff unique.

It's kinda funny how the 1st game sold us on the enigma and insanity of Clockwerk. This one (and the 4th game) sell how menacing he is as a concept.

In the B&E Mission, you can hop on top of that piano and actually find a path that goes along the top all the way back to the first room. There are no secrets up there or anything though. I always found it odd.

SonicRulez fucked around with this message at 01:44 on May 28, 2017

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_OQESTFVL8

In this episode, we go into the specialty drinks you got a peak of in the intro video. Pardon the lack of gameplay, I just had fun editing all of this together. Also, you get to see Andrew bronze his fists as Murray.

Here are the recipes for the drinks we made. It's good to shake everything together, except for the champagne. DO NOT PUT CHAMPAGNE IN A SHAKER.

The Preston (Jade)
  • Midori (1 oz)
  • Blue Curacao (1/2 oz)
  • Lime Juice (1/2 oz)
  • Champagne (1 glass)
  • Bitters (1 dash)
  • Orange Twist (1 twistworth)

The Ringtail
  • Gin (2 oz)
  • Blue Curacao (1/2 oz)
  • Triple Sec (1/2 oz)
  • Bitters (1 dash)

Andrew's Apathy
  • Sugar Free Pink Lemonade (1 glass)
  • Gin (a bunch)
  • Lemon (a wedge)

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
As I understand, Carmelita's voice inconsistency is because her actress has changed every game.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

So blue curacoa is essentially blue triple sec. So you were right in that it being super orangey. If you were to do it again, I'd swap the triple sec with maraschino

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzavsz4QECg

Topics:
  • Bone Iver
  • Yep, Furries.
  • Bentley

I'll have a quick video with the remainder of the bottles on Monday.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Dimitri was shooting energy out of the pink ring on his middle finger.

Also congrats on the upcoming child.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

SonicRulez posted:

They are absolutely "dig" and "that". Ya know, since "Dig that voodoo" actually makes some sense.

They are absolutely "zig" and "zag" as detailed by Kevin Miller (the voice of Sly) in Episode 302 of the podcast he co-hosted that I definitely didn't find on accident while obsessively researching the movie being quietly cancelled...

Also, I've lived in Springfield since 2004 and remained blissfully unaware that there was a furry con here for at least three years, so thanks for that unwanted information I'm sure I'll carry with me forever.

Congratulations on securing the tail feathers (and the pregnancy)!

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Huh. All my life I've lived a lie. However since my fiction is far superior to the reality, I shall continue it.

Chimera-gui posted:

As I understand, Carmelita's voice inconsistency is because her actress has changed every game.

I believe this is true.

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

Dimitri's Bottles Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p90yHdN3dGo

This is nearly unwatchable, and we didn't know if we should post it or not. Eh, you get to hear Sean squeeze his pipes.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

God drat Sean can sing

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKab1mxoDmI

Topics
  • Maybe I'll get a PS4.
  • Superhero movies.
  • Brief spoilers for the rest of the game(?).

bunnyofdoom posted:

God drat Sean can sing
Yeah, I try to goad him into it as often as possible.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Pickpocketing Loot off guards is easily one of the best ways to make money for upgrades especially if you're bad at bringing treasures to the safe house.

Also it is Rioichi Cooper who taught the Ninja Spire Jump and if it wasn't already obvious, Rioichi was Japanese. How do you not know this when Rioichi and "Tennessee Kid" Cooper, the ancestor credited for the Rail Walk/Slide, are both playable in Thieves in Time?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

zfleeman posted:

Yeah, I try to goad him into it as often as possible.

Sean plays Sly right? Make him sing every time he kills an enemy with a glowing pocket without picking it. It bothers me every time I see it.

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

White Coke posted:

Sean plays Sly right? Make him sing every time he kills an enemy with a glowing pocket without picking it. It bothers me every time I see it.
I think I reprimand him in a later episode, but, in the meantime...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVLaLombBgQ

Topics:
  • Round beds
  • Snakes on a Plane
  • Theater clappers
  • Kevin Miller == Jason Bateman?

White Coke
May 29, 2015
People were probably clapping because Yoda riding on someone's back is a call back to episode V when Yoda rides on Luke's back.

And missiles have some sort of guidance system.

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS26KIgNbgw

Topics:
  • Pause music
  • Nicknames for Bentley

And hey, would you like to see anything extra in these text posts, or are y'all all about them vids?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I mean, extra in text post are always fun. But don't force content if you don't want to

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
There is some actual truth to the idea the elephants are cautious around mice as Adam and Jamie discovered when they tested it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oA77tVNKtc

The prevailing explanation is that the elephants are not actually displaying fear but are simply avoiding stepping on another animal which is apparently a common behavior for the elephant. Elephants are extremely sure-footed animals with a high degree of situational awareness and careful where they step.

Elephants also get a bit nervous when small, fast animals are around them presumably because some such as scorpions and venomous snakes can potentially kill them. One elephant in Thailand was observed to really not like a barking dog sprinting around it, especially when it couldn't see where the barking, sprinting animal was. This caused the elephant to panic, running off into the nearby jungle.

On an unrelated note, I love how Rajan completely loses his poo poo after you gently caress up his party and force him to go into hiding, complete with feral eyes and slasher smile.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jun 26, 2017

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

Rajan's First Bottles Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5dlTF5VEAU

I feel like we blazed through this stage of the game. It's one of my favorites.

Oh, and I tell Sean to focus on pick-pocketing in this one, but he has a thirst for blood, apparently.

Chimera-gui posted:

Elephants are nice.
Yeah, elephants seem nice.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

zfleeman posted:

Yeah, elephants seem nice.

Someone's been taken in by the pachyderm-industrial complex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzF75DBh1gg
First time sitting down with these dudes in a month! Also, I'm moving away from them in one month! AH!

Topics:
  • ASMR/ASL
  • Why we like LP-ing Sly 2
  • Date and time in Sly's Universe
  • The Shadow of the Colossus remake, because we can't go two whole episodes without talking about Shadow.

• Locked thread