Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Now it's my turn to post in the thread.

I got a phone call from my vet a couple hours ago. My almost 12-year-old cat Schroedinger with the vomiting problems doesn't have IBS. She has large cell lymphoma and it's spreading. He gives her six months at the outside. I've been kicking myself for not going full bore on this from the start--the vet assured me that cancer doesn't work that way but I feel guilty. I also spent this morning doing crap on the Internet when Schrode wanted cuddles and playtime.

I've never had a pet long enough to go full circle. She's getting a pill-based chemo and an overnight stay at the animal hospital. I just ordered all the maybe-someday pet stuff on my Amazon wishlist including the heated cat hutch everyone raves about. She's still herself: still yowls to be fed, kneads on sweaters, won't quit bugging me about the kitty fishing rod hidden in the closet so she can't rip all the feathers out of the lure. Just knowing that I'll have to say goodbye to her sooner than I thought makes me sad and angry and it's been kind of a lovely week already. But we're going to keep going for as long as she wants to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

And I made the appointment today to put Schrody to sleep at 6pm today. I feel terrible.

• Locked thread